Kandji, Oduro and Angel, oh my!

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by j1mbr0wn, Jan 13, 2009.

1. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. That's all I can say about the potential of this strike force. Speed, strength, and skill. I almost want us to play a 4-3-3 or a 3-4-3 to see all three of them in action. Add Dane to the mix, and we are going to tear defenses apart.

Can anyone look at this group and think Osorio is not thinking "speed kills"?

I'm exited about this trio. More than I have been for a while. And now that we have some cash back on the Dallas deal, let's get the DP playmaker we need to crush the second nut of our opponents, the midfield.

2. defendyourself

Jul 13, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like that we now have ability to play 4-3-3 or at least have an impact striker on the bench

3. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Always loved 4-3-3... But we need a solid midfield that has guys who can really distribute the ball, and just be animals on the defensive.

4. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    I like the attack line, but now what?.. we destroy the Midfielder to have a strong attack.

Now must than ever is when we need to use the DP spot and buy the best CAM around...

I honest think Rojas will not finish even the first halve of the season...Honest I believe so...

If we don't find that CAM we will finished like the Galaxy, 60 goals in favor and 62 against and in the last place of the position table...Because gaols we will have by bunches, but at the same time will received bunches against too...

5. rwani13

rwani13 New Member

Aug 2, 2008
    yea, sure our attack looks very good now but Van Den Bergh has held the entire team and field together for a long time now and I don't know if our midfield is strong enough right now. EIther way, I still trust Osorio. He knows what hes doing. Lets just wait and see it in action. And if you think this is a crazy attack, wait till we get Thierry Henry! lol

6. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's something to consider for everyone: 4-3-3.

You run your standard style back line with wing backs.

Your midfield is based more to the center:
    1. You have your catalyst who'll be the one distributing to the rest.
    2. You need a work horse or two who'll do the dirty work, and get the ball to your CAM.
    3. Those two workhorses at least one of them should be capable of attacking.

All things said and done with what we have right now it's possible to run this system with what we have in the middle..

---------------Angel/Kandji
    Kandji/Oduro/LM---------Richards/Oduro/Mbuta
    -----------------Rojas-----------------------
    -Petra/Stam------------Ubi/Sassano----------
    --Left Wing Back-------------Right Wing Back-
    ----------------Petke--Boyens/Goldy---------
    -----------------Cepero---------------------

Lot's of combos are possible with the formation, and we have a lot of the spots in place to make it work. Still I think our priorities should be as followed these are in my opinion based upon what we have right now.

1. Left/Right Wing Back
    2. Left Wing
    3. CAM

Lots of time left, and some changes will take place. I think Chris Leitch can also play one of the wing back roles he's proven he can play well this year, and I think he's matured as a player. Again keep our options open.

7. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003

We take as a core you formation, we will need:

1o.-The CAM
    2o.-one CB, and
    3o.-one RB

We haven't a CAM, Rojas isn't that kind of player, the only genuine CB in the roster right now is Petke, we need at least one more and we have none RB so, we need that too...

8. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. Push Rojas out to wing and get a real CAM to feed our trio of deadly strikers.
    [​IMG]

9. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    the problem with the 4-3-3 is you dont have a slot for Richards, unless he is pushed up as one of the three strikers (the outside right one of course).

10. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Other than Richards and Stamler I don't like the other guys as solid ones. We need 2 top notch mids now, one beoing a CAM and one on left side. Don't like Rojas either. We also need two defenders with speed as we seem very slow back there.

11. NYFC

NYFC Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Brooklyn
    Who's sending in the crosses?

12. NYCfan

NYCfan New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rojas on the left and Richards on the right at the moment. Lets see if Rojas has the wheels to handle playing out wide in MLS.

And yeah i got the sarcasm , just didn't want to go there :D

13. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless we find a DP to play CAM I dont want Rojas playing on left wing. He was downright awful when he played there last season he should stay in the center of the park.

14. NYCfan

NYCfan New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, he didn't look like he was inclined to play much D last year along with looking sloowwwwww, but he's what we got at LM unless you really want to go nuts and start Borman.

15. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ******** NO! He should be cut or loaned out. He scored against LA and KC give me a break(...two of the worst Defenses in the league) and then rode pine the rest of the year.

16. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Rooney, Jim (zero) say he was a super star when play as a LM, for me he can't play more, no CM or LM, play a 4-3-3 will be a suicide....

17. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    You don't know what you are talking about, Borman is the only legit "LM" back up in the whole team and after Rojas get kick out, he will be the starter at that position...

18. ATL PrimeTime

ATL PrimeTime New Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Acworth, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Kandji can have an impact with NYRB. He torched USL, which isn't MLS, but he's a smart player as well. If Thierry, by some means, does ends up in NY he may have to compete for playing time. :D

19. eintracht.19

eintracht.19 New Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Toms River, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the 4-3-3 idea a lot for next year. Richards Stammler and Rojas would be pretty solid no? i just like all 3 of them. Rojas may not be a fan favorite yet, but he has so much raw talent. i remember being astounded when I saw him in july against the gals in his first game. he definatley didn't play that well after that. Stammlers just a beast and richards on the flank is deadly. we may have back line problems but we could play ubi back there.

Dont even worry about crosses, ******** them, counter ALL SEASON.

20. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    I have a crazy idea. Sometimes Richards has played on the Left side on a switch. How about move Dane to the LW-Mid, Rojas Center & Mbuta on the right.

21. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I forgot about Mbuta. I really liked this kid's speed and aggresiveness and skill when he played. Only problem is I thought he and Kanji should have both played a lot more and did not. Maybe Mbuta is the wildcard here. Unless we sent him back on some loan deal or whatever, but yes maybe Mbuta is a starter onthis team.

22. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think some people misread my initial post. I really don't expect all three of them to play at the same time. I would fully expect Osorio to play a 3-5-2 or a 4-4-2.

23. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Judging by the draft today he is leaning towards a 4-4-2

24. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again in a 4-3-3 you really need to have the midfield consisting of players who can defend and hold the center..Heck we can throw all our attackers out there, but what happens when we loose the ball...The formation is great for us though because we could rotate our front line along with our midfield with the extra games we'll play.

The draft helped us solve some of our weak spots let's see what else we get, but if i were manager I'd love to run the system, and use our pace to really make teams tire themselves.

25. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    From the draft players, the only I see that can help solve some of the problems is Baba, the others three including Hall are a solution at long distance and we are not good for that, see this time, Borman, Mbuta, Gilky, Palacios, Luke, Sinisa, they will see all that perspective to be the future with they back side (ass) in they way out....