K-League's 16th club -- Seoul CFC?

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by GuruSky, Sep 2, 2009.

1. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    http://www.seoulcfc.com/

http://news.naver.com/sports/index....&mod=read&office_id=001&article_id=0002843390

Next expansion team is Seoul City Football Club. A stand-alone citizen team in Jamshil. This is interesting...

EDIT

Quick research tells me that this isn't really a stand-alone citizen team. There is definitely someone behind the scenes running the show. There was no fan movement whatsoever until the announcement.

Link to the presser

http://news.naver.com/sports/index....&mod=read&office_id=001&article_id=0002843567

So they've contradicted the initial claim that it'll be a citizen club, lol... Not a bad idea nonetheless, but until I hear more of their plans, this is still all too idealistic. Although I do have to admit that it's looking quite "legit."

And someone please tell me what 설운도 is doing there, lolololololol.

2. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    good news

3. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    저팀 뉴라이트랑 연관되어있지 않나요? 조금 구린냄새가 나는듯.

4. AmoebaCulture

AmoebaCulture Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Andromeda
    The last thing we need is another football team in the country. There simply isn't any demand for it.

5. Golazo!!

Golazo!! Red Card

Jul 1, 2007
    Well, if they ever make it to 18 can they do away with the idiotic playoff system?

Even the Scottish PL has LESS teams than the K-League and they have a proper league champions format.

6. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Actually, their league format - dividing the league in half after each team plays 33 matches - has been criticized for a while now.

7. AmoebaCulture

AmoebaCulture Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Andromeda
    I'm not entirely sure what a "proper" league system means. I actually support the playoff system, although I think they should cut down the play off contestants to 4, instead of 6. Personally, the playoffs make it more entertaining.

8. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This is what I would like to suggest if K-League to have 18 teams in the first division.

1. Every club shall play 34 matches therefore league cup is not needed.
    2. 1st place finisher of the regular season wins the title. Top 2 clubs shall be automatically qualified for the AFC Champions League.
    3. There shall be a 4-team playoff (3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th place finishers) for another ACL spot. (FA Cup winner gets the 4th one)
    4. Bottom 3 clubs shall be relegated to the second division.
    5. Top 2 clubs in the second division shall be promoted to the first division.
    6. There shall be a 4-team playoff (3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th in the 2nd division) for the last first division spot.

9. AmoebaCulture

AmoebaCulture Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Andromeda
    I like it, actually.

10. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    But very idealistic, lol

11. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It is indeed idealistic. That was just my $0.02.

12. AmoebaCulture

AmoebaCulture Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Andromeda
    Just out of curiosity - what makes you feel that having more teams will better the league?