K-League strikers

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Chachi King, Mar 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chachi King

Chachi King New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    Is anyone else a bit worried at the fact that most the K-League's strikers are imports from abroad? Especally with Korea's finishing problems at the international level? When I think of the likes of Kim Do-hun or Kim Eun-jung or Woo Sung-yong or Choi Yong-su (Choi and Kim DH retired from int'l play right?) ever wearing the red jersey again, it just makes me shudder.

Of course we have Seol, Ahn, and Cha abroad, but three isn't enough.

2. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    You have a point. But those imports bring in some tough comepetition. If domestic players want to start they'll have to improve themselves. I think imports are more of a greater investment - for the fans, the players, and for the league itself.

You mentioned Kim Do-hoon. I think he is the greatest striker Korea has to offer along with Choi Yong-soo. Kim Do-hoon won the golden-boot for last season. I just think that these players struggle on the international level because the team itself isnt fit for them. Teams like Jef UTD, Kyoto (Choi) and Seongnam alter their entire tactical formation depending on Kim Do-hoon and Choi Yong-soo. But on the National level, its a different story. You have so much talent that there is no need for this one-sided support for the strikers.

3. crom80

crom80 New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    i hope ur kiddin...

i hate both of them

4. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    i hate them too.

5. red fire engine

red fire engine New Member

Jun 7, 2003
    Anyang
    you could probably say the same thing about the EPL. So many of the stars/strikers are from abroad so there are a massive number of English players missing out on spots but it's up to them to get better and force their way in.

Same in Korea.

6. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hi newcomer here.

The thing is, most of those K-League striker imports seem to be from Brazil, Magno, Edmilsson, etc. I mean those are nice players to have and they have shown in K-League that they could play, but i would really like to see some really young Korean K-League soccer (Since i'm using the world Soccer, i'm from the States, New York City if u wanna know) players establish in K-League and help the national squad.

7. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    this was my first post

chook90 repped this.
  8. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Cool.

toohyper repped this.
  9. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yes it is, yes it is.

kim do-hoon LOL

10. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    I still stand by the fact that both were some of the best pure #9s of our time.

11. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    no i agree. kim do-hoon scored his share for both club and country. he just wouldn't able to hack it in today's game though.

12. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Yea, both are dying breeds and the game is killing them off. Not that I have a problem with it. It is nostalgic thinking about these guys tho.

toohyper repped this.