K League on FIFA series

Discussion in 'Korea' started by ParkPohang, Apr 30, 2017.

1. ParkPohang

ParkPohang Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Mar 24, 2017
    Wonder how you guys think about it

2. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    players misplace every god damn pass

3. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I wish they include K-league challenge. Though I wonder how EA will give negative one stars for team rating.

Also, it's funny how Yeommy and Lee Dong Gook are some of the players who don't get generic face treatment.

4. ParkPohang

ParkPohang Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Mar 24, 2017
    you're joking, right? K chall should be at least 2.5 to 3 stars IMO

5. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It was just banter on my part, but 2.5-3? K-league classic teams are rated 2.5-3, with Jeonbuk having 3.5 rating.

6. ParkPohang

ParkPohang Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Mar 24, 2017
    Think that they should be rated higher IMO
    Jeonbuk:3.5
    Seoul:3
    Suwon:3
    Ulsan:3
    Sangju:3
    Jeju: 3.5
    Pohang:3
    Incheon:2.5
    Gangwon:3
    Jeonnam: 3
    Gwangju:2.5
    Daegu: 2.5

somewhere along those lines

and Challange
    Gyeongnam: 3
    Busan:2.5
    Asan: 3
    Suwon FC: 2.5
    Anyang:2
    Bucheon:2.5
    Seoul E;2
    Ansan: 2
    Daejeon: 2
    Seongnam: 3

chook90 repped this.
  7. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Considering that most A-league teams don't go past 2.0 stars, I think teams like Gyeongnam shouldn't get 3 (also considering relative strength vs. K-league classic teams).

What I want is K-league classic teams to be rated as high as the Saudi Pro League. Maybe it has to do with Saudi top players playing in their home country and/or stronger imports, but SPL has 2 or 3 clubs with 3.5 rating.

Also, I want FIFA to include some form of AFC Champions League simulation in career mode. It doesn't have to be licensed (I think PES has it), just name it something like "Asian Champions Cup".

8. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    totally agree with you on the champs!
    always feels so empty playing k-league career mode since there are only domestic games.
    really enjoy playing fc seoul and trying to scout decent south americans and east europeans while selling my top performers to europe for dirt cheap haha

chook90 repped this.
  9. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I'm just glad there is (still) a K-League, after they got rid of the KNT which was very disappointing for me.

10. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think the K-League Classic clubs are ranked properly. My issue is that the Saudi Arabian league is ranked much higher than K-League and J-League when it shouldn't be.

I wouldn't mind a Challenge league at all but EA won't go for it. I would think the Challenge clubs would be between 1-2 stars.

11. ParkPohang

ParkPohang Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Mar 24, 2017
    Not really, all other Saudi teams are shit except for the top 2
    https://sofifa.com/teams?na[]=163&na[]=167&na[]=183&na[]=195

A League teams are actually 2.5 stars mostly. The worst ones are usually 2 stars. I think Gyeongnam is a really powerful team this season and I think 3 stars for them will be enough considering the level of other leagues including the A League. But not a high 3 star, a very low one. 3 stars are from 69 to 70 (i.e. MLS, although most of the team OVRs are inflated due to the high rated top players/foreigners. Domestic players are shit and relatively similar to Korea^1). 2.5 stars are from 68 to 67. 2 stars are from 66 to 65, and 1.5 star is from 64 to 62. Everything below is 1 star. I think I was being a bit inflated when I said 3 stars. let's agree with 2 then (66 will be fine IMO)

With 4 leagues in Asia, I think a Champs might be hard to make :)

1. although they have a few more higher players due to having more teams and such and that the availability of players such as David Villa makes it able to compare and raise to that level if a player is performing better or on par with a player like that

chook90 repped this.
  12. ParkPohang

ParkPohang Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Mar 24, 2017
    They won't get rid of the K League. We are in since FIFA 2000. KNT was in for a shorter time. Also, EA is one of the biggest sponsors for the league

13. ParkPohang

ParkPohang Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Mar 24, 2017
    IMO

Jeonbuk: 72-3.5
    Jeju: 71-3.5
    Suwon: 70-3
    Seoul: 70-3
    Ulsan: 69-3
    Sangju: 69-3
    Pohang: 69-3
    Jeonnam: 67-2.5
    Daegu: 66-2
    Gangwon: 66-2
    Gwangju: 66-2
    Incheon:65~66-2

AVERAGE: 2.7 stars

Gyeongnam:67-2.5
    Busan: 65-2
    Asan: 66-2
    Bucheon: 65-2
    Suwon F: 65-2
    Anyang-63-1.5
    E Land-63-1.5
    Ansan- 63-1.5
    Deajeon-63-1.5
    Seongnam-65-2

AVERAGE: 1.9 Stars

chook90 and GoYoungrokba repped this.
  14. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Gyeonnam is a 3 star team? Really? They're very good this season in the Challenge level, but with all due respect, you are absolutely wrong. A 3 star team consists of players in the 60s-70s ratings and I can only think of handful of Gyeonnam players who belong in the 60s ratings. Most of them are probably in 40s-50s.

I know you're a K-league fan but let's be realistic here. Let's not pull a Marco.

15. ParkPohang

ParkPohang Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Mar 24, 2017
    That's why I corrected myself to a 2.5

16. ParkPohang

ParkPohang Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Mar 24, 2017
    star ratings got ********ed up really. Last year it was really easy to get 3 stars and this year it's pretty damn hard. I get mixed up sometimes

17. ParkPohang

ParkPohang Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Mar 24, 2017
    #17 ParkPohang, May 5, 2017
    Last edited: May 5, 2017
    Most of them are probably in 40s-50s?

Do you even watch the league kid? You're seriously underrating it like some like your typical FC코리아/국대 fan. 50's and 40's are barely even given in FIFA. They're only given to teams in leagues like India or Pakistan. As long as your brain isn't ********ing messed up, I don't know why you would think that.

18. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Not true. KEB Hana Bank is the biggest sponsor by far. Other sponsors pay barely anything.

19. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I've been watching the league over 10 years. K-League have lost a lot of their star players to China/Middle East, and there is a big gap between the Classic and Challenge teams. The K-League is a top 3 Asian league no doubt, but to say the Challenge clubs are on par with A-League clubs is non-sense. Stop being a fanboy and be realistic.

And who are you calling a kid? According to your profile, you were born in 2000. I'm 29 years old. Your posts are overly optimistic and talking up a league that isn't as good as you think it is. But at 17 years old, I too was optimistic like you but you will realize how wrong you are in few years if you ever decide to look back.

killaorca and zdrstvte repped this.
  20. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Hardly convincing coming from a person flipping sh*t about a mere game. Just grow a pair and move on.

21. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He's 17 years old according to his profile. Let the kid be.

It's ok to be proud of our league but it's also okay to be realistic and realize the K-League still have a lot more growing to do.

22. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    The first professional football league in Asia. But after years of financial mismanagement, it's in a pretty sh*t state. I'd just be happy if they just stop the regression.

killaorca, chook90 and toohyper repped this.
  23. ParkPohang

ParkPohang Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Mar 24, 2017
    #23 ParkPohang, May 6, 2017
    Last edited: May 6, 2017
    @toohyper
    There isn't a big gap. That's the thing, and A League teams should be higher anyway accounting for so. In the first place in my estimated ratings, I put every single team except for the top 5 below A League teams as well (most A League teams are 67~65ish, which are 2.5 stars). You have to consider the performance of Challange teams and relegated teams the past 3 years. The gap has reduced incredibly so that promoted teams now pose a serious threat. But anyway, it's only a game at the end

24. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    K-League Challenge teams promoted for this year: Gangwon and Daegu. Both 10th and 11th place right now. And Gangwon spent a lot of money this year. Incheon's budget is getting smaller every year and no surprised they are dead last right now.

Teams promoted for 2016 Classic: Sangmu (military team). Always had 1st division talent because it's a military team that couped up all the top talents going to the military. Suwon FC. They finished dead last in 2016 and got demoted right away.

Teams promoted for 2015 Classic: Daejeon. Finished dead last and finished dead last by a long mile. Gwangju. Finished 10th that year, still in the Classic. 1 example there.

Team promoted for 2014: Sangmu. Got relegated right back down. But constant promotion and relegation is bound to happen with Sangmu because they're a military team.

So yes, there is a big difference. A mid-level Challenge team would not able to compete against the worst Classic team, to make this argument simple.

25. ParkPohang

ParkPohang Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Mar 24, 2017

That logic is impressive my friend s/

You are looking at things way too simply. Anyone who has actual experience for a while with Korean football bar National team and watches both leagues will tell you the Challange has made improvements leaps and bounds. In the first place, half of the Challange teams literally broke off from the K League itself. Also, look at 정재용. From Anyang, he's starting in Ulsan. Suwon FC put up a good fight in actual match content, and one can see that as they took a significant chunk of Bluewings support. In fact, Suwon FC did really well in the beginning. Gangwon might be in 10th, but they aren't that too far off from top of the table in points, and I assume they would be there if their top players such as Jung Jogook are not injured. Also, no one expected Daejeon to be that bad that year. Actually, the biggest reason is that they basically overhauled their whole squad and problems in the front office, so your argument is invalid. In Korea, it's considered a fact that a mid level Challange team can beat a Classic team. No question. In the long run it might be more difficult due to various other factors, but on paper, there isn't much difference. Also, last year, Suwon Bluewings and Pohang were both threatened by relegation. Are those teams akin to Indian League teams? I don't think it's that it's because the leagues have a big difference. I think it's more because the league is very competitive in skill differences, so slight difference can ruin your day.

Plus, a lot of teams get relegated right back in many other leagues too.

The true difference in K League Classic and Challange?
    http://www.footballist.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=14718
    According to 최윤겸, it's the marquees. This has a lot of sense because Suwon had a lot of trouble with marquees. For striker, they failed to find a good replacement until the Summer. For the midfielder, Gavilan was an absolute disaster. If it weren't for those, Suwon would have given a better fight. In fact, the Suwon FC before promotion was stronger than after.
    http://www.footballist.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=15840
    According to 이우형, the defense doens't have a big difference rather than attack.

My conclusion? There is a gap, but it isn't stupidly big as you think. Defensively it's similar, but the couple of players midfield and offense make the slight, but impactful difference.

The difference between Classic and Challange is the squad depth and size. The best XI have no problem fitting into the Classic, but the clubs are poorer, so they can afford less of those players (but as you said, they aren't below Indian league level refer Do Donghyun). Also, you have to mention a lot of those poor teams are ripped apart because the teams in the Classic pick apart their XI in the transfermarket.

Also, let's look at Daegu's last fixtures
    Capture.PNG
    Yes, they have much more losses than wins, but do you know what? They aren't too bad at all. Most games they scored a goal, and only lost by one goal.

No one denies there is a difference between the K Leagues, but your perception is extremely flawed and illogical. In the first place, how can a lower division have such a gap? The K League Challange is not below Indian League or Irish League level as you suggest, and is certainly not a Sunday League. Anyway, going back to the original topic Suwon FC is rated a 64 in game, and few of their players are even in the 50's, so no, certainly far from what you said.