K League Miscellaneous Pt. II

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by Jitevra, Apr 9, 2015.

1. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

killaorca and jinseokyang repped this.
  2. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Damn that' nice! It'll be great if there was a single system and hopefully there can be like pro/rel in each division. Great news.

3. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht

:)

edlee1992 repped this.
  4. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  5. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    unless he really needs the money he shouldn't go to china. too many inexperienced owners with little knowledge on running a sports franchise. not to mention disobedient and often lazy players. he shouldn't come to korea either since nobody will welcome him. best option for him is to go to japan and try to revive his cv. a few years at the professional scene in japan and then maybe try to fool korea into thinking he's changed.

a possible scenario with hong is that he may have been getting ready to accept the job at pohang. his name had been appearing quite frequently in the media recently and he actually did two separate interview articles after being dead silent for the past year. i think this was hong promoting himself--mentally preparing the kleague supporters for his eventual comeback to the korean soccer scene so that the backlash isn't so strong. 서호정 said pohang approached a few other guys before choi jinchul but was denied because the club couldn't promise any 투자(investment/upgrade). hong has to have been one of them since there's no way he would have been ranked lower on pohang's wanted list.

6. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    축구장의 ‘슈퍼갑’은 대체 누굴까?

7. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He just returned from China whilst Niigata already met with him earlier this month, so now the only thing left is for his choice and answer. IMO, I feel that he will go the J-League route despite China trying to feed him loads of cash.

jinseokyang repped this.
  8. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    mm with his j league experience and all he'll probably go there (and tbh better Japan than China imo)

9. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well, that was my initial thought as well, however it seems that it may not end up being the case. Apparently, Jang Hyun-Soo's club Gunagzhou R&F also has Hong Myung-Bo listed as their main candidate, as well as Beijing Guoan have also made a statement that they've listed him as a potential candidate, so there are currently lot's of interest coming from China.

And, according to one of the officials of the Hong Myung-Bo Scholarship Foundation, he stated that Hong Myung-bo had previously left to China to observe the teams (Most notably Beijing Guoan & Guangzhou R&F.), and this wasn't due to an invitation from the club, but it was an invitation from the CFA and the Chinese Super League. He further stated that the money isn't what Hong Myung-Bo is looking for, but he will make his final decision after carefully examining the club's proposed vision.

10. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    all seems like noise from chinese/korean media. hong myungbo hasn't said a thing. 1 or 2 articles quoting a '측근' which too is probably bullshit. i can't see hong myungbo going to china, especially with interest from japan. only reason he'd go to china is for money but i think hong myungbo knows this time he needs to make the football decision.

11. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht

I don't know what this will mean for Mipo... :(

Also I heard Asan is interested in a club but I don't think they should get one. Only 308,007 residents. I'll say add an extra Seoul team and Yongin team. Yongin is the biggest city without a pro football team. Then we'll have 12 teams in Classic and 14 teams in Challenge and we can work from there.

12. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hong Myung-Bo confirms having received offers from both Japanese and Chinese club teams, and also confirmed that he's met with Hangzhou as well as meeting other teams at the moment, however he will make his decision after seeing which team offers the vision that he seems most fit to him.

He also stated that he's focused with his Scholarship Foundation and that he will make a decision within this year on what to do with his following career.

13. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I agree with this. We only have 2 pro teams in seoul and the city alone can afford to have couple more.

14. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    청주 and 서울 are like 150km apart.

15. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

16. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Lolwut

17. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Kim Tae-Young officially leaves Chunnam after 1 year and will be taking a break. He said that his decision was due to the team's result in which he's felt very sorry for since he's returned to his former team with much anticipation.

On the other hand, it seems like Hong Myung-Bo asked him to join him once again to help lead the proposed team he'll be signing with soon.

18. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Sigh, the whole shit is a mess:

19. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

HojuSaram repped this.
  20. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Have any of you heard of the new league system they are going to implement?
    SO basically in the future there will be 4 national leagues, the bottom 2 will be semi pro. There will be pro/rel in each league I think...they'll scrap the n-league.
    Personally I don't think we need 4 national leagues maybe 2 pro national leagues and below that can be 2 semi pro regionalized leagues and they can add reserve teams in it. It'll be like Spanish league system.

21. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    can anyone give an update on how kim gunhee and seo myungwon are doing? last i know, KGH was on a university club and SMW was in K2 as a backup.

22. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Seo Myung-won plays for Daejeon Citizens who were in K League Classic but now are in K League Challenge after being relegated. He had issues with injuries this season and his team being pretty crap but he still showed potential. Could be on the move (or not who knows) and is definitely dreaming of a move to European club one day -

Kim Gun-hee has now officially (or should I say reportedly) signed with Suwon Bluewings. He got offers from Japanese clubs recently and there were largely number of rumors that he might accept but in the end he has decided to sign with the team he spent of his high-school youth with - Suwon. Not because he was forced or didn't want to as he always wanted to play for Suwon. He always stated his dream was to play for Suwon before going to Europe.
    Shirt-official should come out soon I'd imagine.

wetcrispy, Radu Razvan and jinseokyang repped this.
  23. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    freaking injuries ruining SMW's career...

24. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Choi Jin-cheol Pohang 2016 Moon Changjin7 Kim Roman40 -

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+