K League Classic 2016

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by hanul21, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LOL what a picture this is, never once have they smiled at each other, but now :ROFLMAO::
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

GoYoungrokba and chook90 repped this.
  2. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    I thought Leonardo was going to win the MVP award. Maybe this has to do with the fact that in the end Jeonbuk lost the title and Leonardo played an awful last game.

3. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Kwon Changhoon goal vs Suwon FC voted as goal of the year. Nice done.

GoYoungrokba repped this.
  4. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I don't think Kwon Changhoon should have been part of the best XI, when he's on form then sure he's one of the best, but this season he was out of form half the time.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  5. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    I'm discussing this on twitter, i think that other than LJS, it's hard to find a really deserving CM to be included. Ju Sejong had ups and down, Kimbo the same, the jeju guy is no longer here. So i think he was choosen for his popularity and potential.

6. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    From that list I would have gone with Yeom Kihun.

7. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    #1157 killaorca, Nov 8, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    man the K-league is still hovering around 7,000 people...
    how can we make it around 10,000?

Also, I have some ideas for setting up the youth system. Basically, if I was the don, I would obviously lower the age to 16, and every team must have at least 5 U23 players (one of them must be a u20 player). U23 players do not need to be Korean, foreign players count as well. There will be at max 8 foreign players in a team with at max 26 players.

There will also be a u23 reserve team for each teams. These teams will play in the third semipro level and they must be fully u23. There will also be an u19, u18, u17 etc teams. Player can be registered in more than one team so that they'll be getting as much playing time in what ever level, instead of riding the bench if they get older.

Ice cube and Marco91 repped this.
  8. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    #1158 Marco91, Nov 8, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    I absolutely agree with the squads being too large. As for the young kids in the league, it seems to me that they are playing quite a lot recently, and even with the u20 rule they should be better than the seniors to play regularly. Unless you meant they "must play".

Edit: playing because of a rule and playing because you have the coach's trust...it makes all the difference in the world. I like this rule, but not sure how much the players and the coach do. Look at how is treating u23 players FC Seoul for example. They start, and then got subbed after 30-35 min..what's the meaning of this?

chook90 repped this.
  9. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    The u20 player does not need to play, just need to be registered into the senior team. The u20 player can mostly play in the u23 team, and only play for the senior team when needed.

I'll give you a hypothetical example. Let's say there's a player named Lee Seung-woo, he's a 17 years old player but right now playing for the u-19 Jeonbuk team because he's one of the most promising player. Once in a while he plays for u23 Jeonbuk team in the third division Korea. The u19 and the u23 coaches really like his progress. This attracts the attention of the senior manager, Choi Kanghee. One day Choi Kanghee calls LSW up. Obviously, LSW isn't as good as the senior players but CKH believes he's a promising player and LSW plays 30 minutes for a league game. He gains a lot of experience playing in that team.The next week he goes back to playing U19 but there's still a chance for him to play for the senior team in the future.

This is different from what we have right now. Once a player graduate from u18 team, then he must either go to a totally different team either in U-league or the K-league. He doesn't really know the environment and has to compete with older and more experienced player from the start. So then, he'll probably ride the bench till he get his chance, even though it's better for him to play in the u18 team.

That's why it's important to have a competitive reserve league, the N-league for example. Also, I might be wrong, but high school players (16 to 18) compete with one another to play for their high school team. Then, mostly 18 years old will get playing time while the younger players ride the bench. It's better to have a separate team from u19 all the way down to u10 or something. Obviously, better youth players can play with older players. So what I'm asking for is better smoother player mobility from u10 to the senior team.

Marco91 repped this.
  10. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    In italy young kids (with potential) start to train with the first squad few months before they start to play in Serie A. Donnarumma trained with the first team since he was 15, Locatelli was brought in the first team by Mihajlovic and he debuted at the end of last season. In S. Korea i don't think we will ever see a 17 years old kid training with the first team.

Ice cube and killaorca repped this.
  11. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Yeah apparently a 16 years old Chinese kid just debuted for Guangzhou Evergrande.

But yeah, if the team were just set up like this (smaller squad, more foreign players, smoother internal mobility), it'll really increase the quality of the league and the players. Then it might even attract more people...
    (marketing is another problem I don't know how to address).

12. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    I, for one...don't know if Kim Dong-woo is dead or alive. I haven't seen him playing for FC Seoul in a long while...

13. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    what is your hypothetical setup regarding foreign players in matchday squad?

Would you allow teams to filed ALL of their 8 foreign players? Would you restrict by foreign players on field, bench, etc. How would you regulate it?

14. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    If they want then they call all play but I doubt a team will do that. Even with the current set up 3+1, teams rarely use all their foreign players. It'll be up for the team.

chook90 repped this.
  15. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    So in your setup, it is technically possible to see a starting XI with only 3 domestic players including GK. Interesting.

By the way, would you allow foreign GK? Or would you say that foreign GK cost 2 or more foreign player slots?

16. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Yes with the foreign GK.
    Also the thing about Foreign players in the K-league is that most of them are bought cheap and hope they'll succeed. A lot of time they don't, most foreign players tend to flop. So by having 8 foreign players, it'll give more security for the team. For example, if only 2/4 foreign players succeed but with 8 players, then we have hope that at least 4 of them won't flop. Not only that, it'll give more initiative for teams to develop foreign players. Right now if you already have 4 foreign players and want another one, you have to get rid of one of your foreign player.
    Also it'll be good for the Korean players to compete with these foreign players and playing against them.

chook90 repped this.
  17. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Do you think the number of teams in first division also needs to change?

18. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    not really, just keep it as it is right now.

chook90 repped this.
  19. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    chook90 and killaorca repped this.
  20. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht

21. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    There is rumor that Ulsan has recently reached out to Yoo Sang-chul, one of the club's former legends.

killaorca repped this.
  22. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yoo Sang-chul denied those allegations stating that he received no offer.

23. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Here we have a team of the year for the veteran players (over 30)

http://sports.news.naver.com/kleague/news/read.nhn?oid=436&aid=0000023947

GK: Kwon (Jeonbuk)

RWB: Cho Won-Hee (Bluewings)

CD: Kim Han-Won (Suwon FC), Kwak (Seoul), Kim Hyung-Il (Jeonbuk)

LWB: Park Won-Jae

MF or AM: Park Chu-Yong (FC Seoul), Santos (Bluewings), Yeom Ki-Hun (Bluewings)

AT: Jung (Gwangju) and Dejan (Seoul)

For 23

http://sports.news.naver.com/kleague/news/read.nhn?oid=436&aid=0000023948

GK: Kim Dong-Jun (Seongnam)

DF: Jang Ho-ik (Bluewings), Choi Kyu-Bae (Jeonbuk), Jung Seung-Hyeon (Ulsan) Lee Seul-Chan (Dragons).

CM: Lee Chang-Dong (Gwangju), Han Chan-Hee (Dragons)

AM: Ahn Hyeun-Beom (played as a right wing back some games, but yes it's an offensive minded player, Jeju), Kwon Chang (Bluewings), Kim Seung-Jun (Ulsan)

AT: Tiago Alves (Seongnam)

For the first part of the season

http://sports.news.naver.com/kleague/news/read.nhn?oid=436&aid=0000023949

GK: Kwon (Jeonbuk)

DF: Choi Chul Soon (Jeonbuk), Lee Kwang-Seon (Jeju), Jonjic (Incheon, in my opinion the Croatian was not so great in the first part of the season, but improved in the second), Ko Kwang-Min (FC Seoul)

CM: Osmar Barba (FC Seoul), Lee Jae-Sung (Jeonbuk)

AM: Lopes (Jeonbuk), Yeom Ki-Hun (Bluewings), Tiago (Seongnam)

ST: Jung (Gwangju)

chook90 repped this.
  24. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht

Wish him the best of luck :thumbsup:

chook90 and Radu Razvan repped this.