Juventus vs. Brescia [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Robert25, Sep 10, 2004.

1. Robert25

Robert25 New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Juve's first game is on sunday. They open the Serie A season just days before they take on Ajax in the CL.

Predictions? Guesses?

I'll say its a 3-1 victory for Juve with Trez, Zambrotta, and Nedved of course figuring heavily.

2. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Re: Juventus vs. Brescia

Del Piero, Zambrotta, Nedved will be stellar.

I have this feeling( just a feeling) that Ibrahimovic will start and if he does hes bang on form, maybe he'll continue!

Wanna see how the defense plays if they are any better, systematically and tacticaly!

My predicition and maybe its extravagant but i am Bianconeri thru and thru, i think it'll be a big win, my bet on 4-0!

3. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Why is everyone taking Brescia so lightly? Sure they lost Baggio, but they got a good team this year by grabbing good players from relegated teams. They have a good goalie, Di Biagio's experience in defense, Milanetto and Domizzi in Midfield, Sculli, Del Nero, and Carraccialo in attack. They could pull a suprise. If not a win, a tie.

4. Danishrossonero

Danishrossonero New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Geneva

This may be true...but Juve should still be able to get beat them without too many troubles at home...this is, assuming your goalkeeper isn t sent off in the 7th minute...

5. Danishrossonero

Danishrossonero New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Geneva

Just to correct my above statement ... the match is not in Turin but in Brescia.

Its 2 - 0 for Juve at the break, goals by Nedved and Trezeguet in the 35th and 37t minutes.

6. rgrayson

rgrayson New Member

Jan 20, 2004

anywhere to follow this game online except the italian version of the juve site?

7. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  8. deciiva

deciiva New Member

Aug 11, 2004
    New York,NY
    Anyone knows if Appiah is STILL injured or why he did not play today & wasn't on the bench?

9. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brescia - Juve 0-3

Brescia (3-4-2-1):
    Castellazzi 5.5, Adani 6, Di Biagio 6, Mareco 5 (18' St Mannini 6), Martinez 5.5, Almeyda 5.5, Milanetto 5 (25' St Guana Sv), Domizzi 5.5, Sculli 5.5, Bachini 6, Caracciolo Sv (24' Pt Del Nero 5.5).

(22 Agliardi, 3 Stankevicius, 6 Zoboli, 19 Di Pasquale).

All.: De Biasi 5.5.

Juventus (4-4-2):
    Buffon 6, Zebina 6.5, Thuram 6.5, Cannavaro 6, Zambrotta 6, Camoranesi 6.5, Blasi 6.5, Emerson 6 (14' St Tacchinardi 6),Nedved 7, Del Piero 5.5 (20' St Olivera 6), Trezeguet 6 (1' St Ibrahimovic 6.5).

(22 Bonnefoi, 5 Tudor, 7 Pezzotto, 25 Zalayeta).

All.: Capello 7.

Arbitro: Trefoloni di Siena 5.5.
    Angoli: 4-4.
    Recupero: 3' e 3'.
    Ammoniti: Sculli, Mareco, Camoranesi e Del Nero per gioco falloso.
    Spettatori: Ventimila. '

I gol:
    35' pt - Su un corner battuto da Del Piero, Nedved anticipa tutti e mette in rete di testa da distanza ravvicinata.

38' pt - Splendida azione di prima con Nedved che trova in area Zebina, pronto a servire un assist preciso per Trezeguet che segna da due passi.

24' st - Ibrahimovic prende palla sull'angolo sinistro dell'area, si libera di Di Biagio e Mannini e batte Castellazzi con un destro che passa sotto le braccia del portiere bresciano.

10. modjoe23

modjoe23 New Member

Sep 12, 2004
    USA
    Hey guys,

Anyone know where I can download videos from the juve matches (at least the goals). If you do please post the link(s).

Thanks

11. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

3-0, not far off i guess. Zlatan looked really good up top by himself.

The team's performance was excellent.

Buffon had an easy night but looked sharp on corners and balls into areabut hardly had to make a save!

The defense looked really well organised, albeit against a woeful looking Brescia attack. Cannavaro and Thuram played together as if they had been doing it all their life (Parma continued!).
    Zambrotta had a disappointing game by HIS standards but he played well.(was made captain upon Del Piero's exit from game, good Capello)
    Zebina was a pleasant surprise and moved forward rather niftiLy!

Emerson was there but quiet. (went off injured)
    Manuele Blasi was SUPERB. He was our own Gattuso, not trying to be fancy but just destroying anything in the middle of the park giving the defense superb coverage.
    Mauro Camoranesi was disappointing AGAIN, he had some flashes but all in all poor showing by him.
    Pavel Nedved was as USUAL brilliant, EUROPEAN PLAYER OF THE YEAR type game. The ball to Zebina who in turn laid on assist for Trezeguet was WORLD CLASS!

David Trezeguet was non existant cept for scoring which is all i cud ever want from him.
    Alessandro showed quite a few flashes of brilliance but didn't really push himself. Did provide the corner for Nedved's goal.

SUBS....
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic was stunningly good. Goal was great on debut. moved very well and looked very comfy on the ball, looks to have continued where he left off at Ajax.

Alessio Tacchinardi was quiet but effective in shutting up shop.

Ruben Olivera was very good on ball and had some very impressive dribbles.

FORZA JUVE!!!!!!!!

12. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I dont appreciate how Juve approached the game, way too many fouls and very slow movement made the first half slightly unbearable. However in the attack Juve was a force and impressed me with their great speed.

P.S.The defence was impeccable.

13. rgrayson

rgrayson New Member

Jan 20, 2004
  14. Robert25

Robert25 New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Hmm I think Cannavaro will normally get the starts. i think i heard he was battling for fitness too, plus Montero might have needed rest from playing for his country this summer.

Overall great game by Juve. This is what we can do, sure its Brescia, but Juve can begin the season on the best foot.