Juventus Uni ugliest in soccer according to ESPN.

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Ferris, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Ferris

Ferris New Member

Mar 31, 2003
  2. Crewbasher

Crewbasher Member

Jul 7, 1999
    The Enemy Base
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt the home jersey would be picked as the worst one ever. It's a classic. However, if they're still using the pink away jersey.... that's definitely a candidate.

3. Di7seconds

Di7seconds New Member

Feb 11, 2003
    Land of the Free!!!!
    Typical that they wouldn't put a soccer braket. I think that Celtic's away jerseys are really guady.

4. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. A #2 seed. BTW, i'm not so sure they are talking about the black and white kit. They could be talking about the table cloth

5. juventusfan10

juventusfan10 New Member

May 20, 2003
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    being a juve fan, i like both of them... but i am disapointed at the job nike has done.. if i had to choose, i would pick last years. also pink was one of the original juve colors so... i guess nike wanted to go with a retro feel. BTW the juve third jersey looks like they just took some random purple cloth and sewed it together in 2 seconds. its so ugly... nothing special about it. no wonder its the third.

6. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Juve have one of the nicest jerseys in Italian football, it's recognised the world over as theirs (even though some big names teams such as Newcastle also use it).

As for Celtics away jerseys, the mustard one was putrid, but the new black one is nice, and the black & green hoops was one of the best away jerseys ever (late 90s)

7. roarksown1

roarksown1 Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Playa del Rey, CA
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Juventus has the ugliest uniforms anywhere, they obviously didn't watch the UEFA Cup match between Man City and those misfits from Poland, Groncli or whatever it was. Those jerseys were awful, with upside down trees going from the shoulder down the sleeve. Just awful...

8. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are talking about the pink jersey.

9. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

it is freakin' hideous

10. BadAzzSnowboarder

BadAzzSnowboarder New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Malibu, CA
    Juve's Lotte home/away kits were classics. Especially the away kit.

The Nike design of current is ugly.

11. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    funny..

cause I wipe my ass with any Juve jersey I can find so it really doesn't make a difference what they look like. Man U jersey is a little crapy compared to the one's they had when they won the CL in 99' I think it was.

12. Blue Eyed Soul

Blue Eyed Soul New Member

Jan 22, 2003
    Gilbert, AZ USA
    I guess you'd have to lump Newcastle in with Juventus, too.
    Shows you how much research SI did. I'm not surprised.
    Screw 'em. I like them both.

13. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
  14. BadReligion

BadReligion New Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Washington, DC
    Juve's away kits really aren't that bad. At least they're trying something different. The home kits are way better than last years, I didn't really care those...

Ugliest kits would have to be the now defunct Colorado Caribou's home kits from the late 70's. They actually had leather frills on them.

15. Ferris

Ferris New Member

Mar 31, 2003
    ::shudder::

16. Spurs74

Spurs74 Member

Nov 10, 2003

Whoever talks about ugliest kits ought to do better information gatherering or what have you.

my point is that Nike (who now outfits Juve) did a hatchet job in cutting of the black/white stripes worse than what Kappa (previous Juve outfitter)a few season ago.

about the pink shirts they play in, that was Juve's original colors when they were founded in 1897...the black/white stripes came about in 1905 when the club's founders went to England to university and became a fan of Notts County FC. their officials gave him a bunch of Notts County shirts on his way back to Italy which is what they've worn since

17. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-column&prov=reuters&type=lgns

Imagine this year the young fan of Juventus, hoping that Santa would bring a shirt emblazoned with Alessandro Del Piero's name and number (10), unwrapping the present and discovering that instead of the classic black and white stripes he has to wear the pink away shirt.

Pink? Surely that is for the little sister's Barbie doll?

But no, this season, the Italian champions are wearing the gentle, pastel shade on their travels.

The excuse for this is that the Turin club wore pink shirts for their first six years before switching to their famous 'zebra' shirt in 1903 and are cashing in on their history.

Juve adopted black and white stripes after wrongly receieving -- and keeping -- a strip meant for Notts County a century ago.

Since then those colours have become world famous as Juve have won their 27 titles. They have won nothing in pink -- even losing 2-0 in pink to Lazio last week.

18. GoFireGo

GoFireGo New Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Chicago
    I dont like Nike's home Juve kits at all, especially compared to the Lotto ones. I dont like how the stripes dont go all the way down the shirt, looks stupid, but whatever. Nike is making too many jerseys, I find their designs pretty repetative, especially for national team jerseys. I love the pink kits, simply because they get such a reaction. I saw one guy the first day of classes this semester wearing one and he was with one of the most attractive girls Ive seen...so he was making the ultimate statement.

19. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I gottaz get meself a longsleeve Lotto Juve home jersey

20. RoverMax

RoverMax Member

May 4, 2003
    NYC
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The pink Juve kits are awful.

21. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    yea, not my favorite, but the girls seem to love them :)

22. chocolate

chocolate New Member

Oct 25, 2003
    milwaukee, WI
    no we dont they seem so tarty i mean on the men, but thats still un ugly shade of pink.

23. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Interesting. Well at least the girls in Little Italy in Manhattan and Bensonhurst in Brooklyn love them.....

24. chocolate

chocolate New Member

Oct 25, 2003
    milwaukee, WI
    i thought there wasnt that many fans in the usa and yet there are 3 girls who like the juve shirt and know that it is a football shirt???????

25. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    The places I mentioned do not represent the USA. Those places are heavily Italian influenced, and therefore know what a Juve is and know that Del Piero isn;t some fancy italiant meat :) Although he could be...
    haha