Juventus U23 Team

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, May 9, 2018.

1. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    It is all about getting playing experience.

phat repped this.
  2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Why won't Moise Kean play for Juve's U23's? At 18 going on 19, I tend to think he would be better playing for them instead of sitting on the bench at or on the Primavera squad.....

3. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    He is prolly getting loaned out in Jan.

4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    To another team in the Serie A , or to the U23's?

5. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Sounded like abroad. Holland maybe via Mino's Dutch contacts.

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pro Vercelli 1-0 Juventus U23.

That's 5 losses in a row for the team, they are now in the relegation zone. There's talk that Zironelli is at risk of getting sacked. Alfredo Aglietti, Federico Giunti and Fabio Gallo are the names being bandied about to replace him.

7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juventus U23 added a couple new players, Benjamin Mokulu ed Edoardo Masciangelo.

Mokulu is on loan from Carpi and Masciangelo is on loan from Lugano.

Juve U23 currently sit in 12th out of 20 in Serie C. They've won 7 out of 23 games, with 4 draws and 12 losses.

[​IMG]

8. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    And they are currently losing and a man down so make that 13 defeats. Until they reach Serie B and can stabilize in the division, this whole B team thing isn't gonna work out much I think.

9. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Don't worry about the records. The idea is for the young players to get meaningful playing experience against older players instead of primavera. The alternative is that they are loaned out to other teams, which does not guarantee much in development.

usnroach repped this.
  10. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Not gonna be much use if they get demoted to serie D and play with a bunch of amateurs

11. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    You would be surprised the level of play of amateurs. Still better than playing against kids. The better players would get loaned out in that situation and other players will get their shot.

falvo repped this.
  12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Oh I get it now! Its all about the "Level of the League"! :):):):)

13. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Kids=amateurs. Same shit, different toilet

14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The thing is, many teams in the traditional Serie C & D have older, more experienced pros. They also may have a core group of players who have been together from year to year. Juve's U23's won't have this and this may be a reason on why they are struggling.

upload_2019-2-5_4-34-13.png

15. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    As long as they don't get demoted and improve next year they should be alright, but I still don't see this being fruitful for us for a very long time

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Getting demoted in most leagues really isn’t always a bad thing. Many teams can actually improve by getting relegated. Look at Parma they were in Serie D three years ago and they are now a mid table Serie A side who just drew Juve’s first team.

The only problem I see with the U23’s is not fielding more experienced players. What would be better in my opinion is to start older , older players who may be on the cusp but are loaned out and sitting on a bench somewhere. Even if they don’t end up on Juve , their presence on the team will give confidence to the younger players on the squad.

Using Parma’s model as an example , they started a 38,39 and 40 year old Lucarelli in Serie D, C and B respectively. He retired when they won promotion back to Serie A but his presence I’m surre helped the younger players on the team. Juve’s U23 team could definitely use players like this. Heck even one could do wonders.

juventino13 repped this.
  17. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny thing is, half the roster are players loaned into Juve U23 from other teams.

18. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    This is also the first season of this experiment. This Juve B side is not to compete eventually against the main team. It is to develop players. If that is getting accomplished, then no need to worry that they are not promoted.

19. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That's true, but I would love to see it happen eventually. I think what @falvo said is a good idea and I hope we can implement something similar going forward. Its gonna take some time though for sure

falvo repped this.
  20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Just looking at Juve's current bench, I think the U23's is like a C or even D squad.

21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    For as long as I’ve followed Serie A, B, C or even D, the competition was always fierce. You won’t have star players but you will have players out to break legs. You will also have seasoned pros. I’m not saying a squad of over 30’s but a few experienced players would help instill confidence in the youngsters. As it is, the U23’s are college aged kids who need to learn to play with players who are their age and older as well. The Primavera already plays with Youth team players so I don’t think it can help that much by having another almost youth team.

juventino13 repped this.
  22. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a lot of talk that Pirlo will be the U23 coach next season.

gumbacicc repped this.
  23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Radio Sportiva reports that Andrea Pirlo could be the next Juventus U23 coach.

Juve finished in 12th place.

24. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    12th isn't too bad for an under 23 team against professionals in their first season.

25. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Is Juve going to change its stance on the U23 or will they let older players play too?