Juventus to play in Toronto and New York in August

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by narduch, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Stephen1164

Stephen1164 New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still have my rooms booked at Rogerscentre if it happens

2. juve10

juve10 New Member

Jul 25, 2003
    The Inter match has been the hot rumor among many Italians in the U.S. The talk was that the Italian Super Cup would be played in the US (like 2 years ago). I doubt this is going to happen. My guess is that this whole thing gets scrapped! Time is running out and Italians can't plan things over-night!

3. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    why do you doubt its gonna happen? i see no reason why the super cup wont be played outside of italy. its not that uncommon.

4. JinJin

JinJin Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ok I got this from a friend who knows some guy, he says that Red Star Belgrade will be playing against Juve in Toronto. This might just be BS but thought I'd just pass it along anyways.

5. ECMoney

ECMoney Member

May 9, 2003
    Toronto
    Looks like Juve has found their opponent....

Juventus and Crvena zvezda set to clash in Toronto

Serbian and Italian immigrants in Canada will probably “clash” once again on the stands of Rogers Centre in Toronto as after their national teams (Serbia & Montenegro vs. Italy 1:1) played a friendly match earlier this summer, it’s very likely that two famous clubs from these countries, Juventus Turin and Crvena zvezda Beograd will follow and play against each other at the beginning of August.

“The match is scheduled to be played on August 3rd, and there is no doubt that the interest of the local crowd will be huge,” said Dragan Stojkovic the president of Crvena zvezda Beograd and added: “It’s a bit bad timing for us considering the Serbo-Montenegrin Super League starts but we will sort it out with the Association of the top flight clubs that our first round match against Hajduk gets postponed for one day.

Therefore the battle that was started with the match between the national sides but ended without a winner will be continued through the two most popular clubs outside the domestic borders of Italy and Serbia & Montenegro. Juventus as actual Champion of Italy and Crvena zvezda the club that has just revealed that Italian legendary goalkeeper Walter Zenga is set to become the new coach are therefore to decide who plays better football at the current moment.

6. Stephen1164

Stephen1164 New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Juventude

Juventude New Member

Aug 9, 2003
    Mississauga, Canada
    If it was not 100% cancelled before, it certainly is now. Here is the Juventus calendar for the month of August.

Il calendario dell'estate

Ecco l'elenco completo delle partite che giocherà la Juventus nel mese di agosto:

1 agosto AMICHEVOLE Biellese - Juventus a Biella ore 18
    3 agosto AMICHEVOLE Politehnica Timisoara - Juventus a Timisoara ore 20.45 (ora italiana) in tv sulle reti Rai
    6 agosto AMICHEVOLE Benfica - Juventus a Lisbona ore 21.15 (ora italiana) in tv sulle reti Rai
    9 agosto AMICHEVOLE Juventus - Roma a Pescara ore 20.45 in tv sulle reti Rai
    12 agosto AMICHEVOLE Trofeo Birra Moretti Juventus - Napoli - Inter a Napoli ore 20.30 in tv su Canale 5
    14 agosto AMICHEVOLE Trofeo Berlusconi Milan - Juventus a Milano ore 20.30 in tv su Sky
    17 agosto AMICHEVOLE Juventus A - Juventus B a Villar Perosa ore 18 in tv su Sportitalia
    20 agosto SUPERCOPPA ITALIANA TIM Juventus - Inter a Torino ore 20.30 (broadcast da definire)
    24 agosto AMICHEVOLE Trofeo Gamper Barcellona - Juventus a Barcellona ore 22 in tv sulle reti Rai