Juventus to play in Toronto and New York in August

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by narduch, Jul 11, 2005.

1. ddbboommbb

ddbboommbb Red Card

Aug 26, 2004
    15 days untill the game in Toronto..still no one knows anything about the game, they are settting this up to be another major flop

2. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    why do they do things like this it only costs them money because less people will be able to go it makes no sense this game will most likely be another version of the italy serbia game where if they had advertising and enough notice the game would sell much better

3. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey
    i got my tickets a week and 1/2 ago on ticketmaster.

4. juventino10

juventino10 New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Ottawa, ON
    How did you get tickets a week and a half ago? I have been checking everywhere, and I haven't even seen confirmation that they would be coming. Could you post a link to the ticketmaster page? Beacause I can't find it anywhere.

5. ddbboommbb

ddbboommbb Red Card

Aug 26, 2004
    he obviously didn't get tickets to the games we are talking about

6. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey
    i can't link it but its very simple. when you go to ticketmaster, there's a box where it says search. type in milan and you'll find it under there.

7. juventino10

juventino10 New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Ottawa, ON
    Well, its ridiculous that the plans haven't been finalized with only 2 weeks left. This could have been such a huge event with proper marketing, especially in Toronto. Its too bad North America is so careless and so far behind the rest of the world when it comes to soccer. I could assure you that if the NFL wanted to bring 2 teams up here to play an exhibition, we would know about it months and months before.

8. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey
    wrong game sorry

9. juventino10

juventino10 New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Ottawa, ON
    We are talking about the proposed Juventus games. Not milan.

10. solointer

solointer New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Toronto
    I'm going to update you guys on the chances of who will play Juve in Toronto or New York....

Inter

Inter face Juventus and AC Milan in the TIM Trophy at Trieste's Nereo Rocco Stadium on the 20th July, then after the Bordeaux friendly the squad flies from Verona to London, England for four friendlies against Leicester City (25 July), Crystal Palace (27 July), Norwich City (29 July) and Portsmouth FC (31 July).

After two days off, the squad returns to Appiano Gentile on Wednesday 3 August to continue summer training.

This is directly from the inter website (http://www.inter.it/en/stagione06/index.html)

It could be possible that Inter would cross across the Atlantic to play Juve. Their next game after the friendlies in England is on either the 9th or 10th of August for their Champion's League qualifier.

Chelsea

Tough to find information. They are in their U.S. tour right now and they wrap up the tour against AC Milan on the 31st of July. The Chelsea website and fansites only have info on their games in July. Nothing about August.

Benfica

Also hard to find Tour information. It has been reported by Italian and Portugese news shows that they were going to play each other in Toronto.

Also rumoured: AC Milan

It's tough to find infor but this is what I have heard so far. My prediction is Toronto: Juve vs. Inter and in New York Juve vs. Benfica...

11. Stephen1164

Stephen1164 New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Benfica has a preseason game on the 7th in Europe so how can they be playing the 6th in New York?

12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had heard Benfica in Toronto and Liverpool in NY, but who knows.

13. Sarda

Sarda New Member

Jan 30, 2005
    Canada
    And I heard that it was going to be Benfica, but they backed out. That's why there is no information on this. Juve has no one to play. Anyone want to strap on a pair of boots and make a decent challenge of it? Or at least give them someone to score against?

14. Stephen1164

Stephen1164 New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    well the canadian national team has nothing to do since the gold cup is over

16. Sarda

Sarda New Member

Jan 30, 2005
    Canada
    That would give them someone to score against. Many, many times. :)

17. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    ya but even more embarassing for the canadian national team would probably be that the visiting team (which had to travel well over 5000 miles to get there) having more fans at a game in the largest city in canada

18. ddbboommbb

ddbboommbb Red Card

Aug 26, 2004
    lol classic!

19. ddbboommbb

ddbboommbb Red Card

Aug 26, 2004
    well just about under 2 weeks and still no real solid info on the game, what a disaster, they will be lucky if they get 20,000 people, what are they going to do, tell us about the game the night before

20. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    i wouldnt be surprised if thats what they did

21. juventino10

juventino10 New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Ottawa, ON
    I just hope they still play. It doesn't look like they will go through with it.

22. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    they should still play since this is the "replacement" for the china tour that failed and they would like to get something rather than nothing in that time period

23. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    this is just a rumour but it is the most solid thing that i have found in a few days now but apparently juve will face inter milan. This started when moggi and morrati met for an hour in morratis office and were not discusing transfers so maybe this was moggis last ditch effort to bring another big name club over with them

24. Stephen1164

Stephen1164 New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Love the rumors, 13 days till the game is played

25. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005