Juventus to play in Toronto and New York in August

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by narduch, Jul 11, 2005.

1. juve10

juve10 New Member

Jul 25, 2003
    It was pretty hot but it was great to see a meaningful game between two Italian Squads. I can't find anything to confirm that the match will be played in the US

2. RedandWhite

RedandWhite Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Canada
    Yeah. I was there too.

3. narduch

narduch New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    They had to have the Dome closed for the Italy-Serbia match. There was a chance of rain, and with the real grass being laid on top of concrete, any bit of rain would have left the field unplayable.

I do recall the Dome being open for the Roma-Celtic game last year though, but the weather was nice that day.

4. Sarda

Sarda New Member

Jan 30, 2005
    Canada
    CFMT news says it will probably be Benfica in Toronto.

5. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah, and I was sitting in Row 15, right under the beating sun for 120 mintues without a hat. Plus, the dark colors of the Milan jersey I was wearing attracted heat. It was really unbearable that day...

6. ddbboommbb

ddbboommbb Red Card

Aug 26, 2004
    I just heard a similar report from CHIN radio, saying it may be Inter-Juve in toronto, man that would be awesome

7. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    a little FYI, guys.

juve stayed at a hotel near Pingry School in Warren, N.J., just off of Interstate 78, probably about 30-40 minutes from NYC by car.

and the players were all accessible...the hotel's nice and luxurious (where the italian national team stayed during WC94) and it's in the middle of nowhere...i got some great shots of the players since there was very little people there.

good luck.

8. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Yeah but this whole thing about "air conditioning" is a lie. If there was air circulating in the Dome I sure as hell didn't feel it.

9. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I remember getting a bud from the vendor behind the goal and he handed me the beer in a plastic imitation bottle. I was like "what the hell is this?" Then I realised ofcourse the "glass" threat in a public arena had to be accounted for.

It was kinda cool actually, you think you're holding a bottle of sprite when its a actually a plastic bottle of beer.:D

10. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey
    somerset hills hotel. every italian team that comes here stays there(pretty much all the time). juve, the national team, parma(when thay were good) and i believe milan stayed there. they always give about 15- 20 min to come outside and sign autographs and take pictures.

11. metro1026

metro1026 New Member

Jan 21, 1999
    Swamps of Jersey
    Aug. 6th is the Hambletonian at the Meadowlands Racetrack which will attract 20,000 to the place.

I'm not sure if they would schedule a big even at the stadium on that date.

Although...the Hambo ends at like 6pm so they could schedule the game for 8pm....that would be nuts though!

12. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    ya i had great seats 14th row right by the centre line so what i felt was the temp where the players felt but if its as hot as it is here today (43 degrees farenhiet) both teams no matter who juve faces will have a hard time

13. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Sportsera today listed some possible opponents for at least one of these games as Barcelona, Benfica and Liverpool. If they play Inter in one of them, it would be for the SuperCoppa.

14. Tottino

Tottino Member+

Mar 19, 2005
    Frosinone, Italia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Juve is playing Benfica at the skydome. Downtown Toronto is filled with Portugues, so this is gonna be a FULL HOUSE game.

15. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    unless they have poor advertising and bring the seccond or third string teams like the italy serbia game

16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Toronto media is reporting that Juve will play Benfica if Chelsea can't be convinced to stay a few extra days. They also said that Juve will be playing Liverpool in NY.

17. Stephen1164

Stephen1164 New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where did you hear about Chelsea maybe staying to play?

18. Tottino

Tottino Member+

Mar 19, 2005
    Frosinone, Italia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I heard someone say Juve-Rangers

19. narduch

narduch New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    They better announce this soon if they want more people to show up then the Italy-Serbia game.

20. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    ya expecially because this is club soccer i mean with ithe italian national team all italian soccer fans cheer for italy but not all italian soccer fans are juve fans so they better get cracking expecially since if people want to come they will have to take time of work

21. Stephen1164

Stephen1164 New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only 2 and a half weeks to sell tickets for Toronto will be tough.

22. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    tickets arent even on sale yet at least not on ticketmaster.ca so it may even be less

23. Stephen1164

Stephen1164 New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I booked a room for Rogerscentre, so bring it on

24. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The whole team is going right?

25. Stephen1164

Stephen1164 New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We do not know anything but they are coming, their playing somewhere and somebody