JUVENTUS (The Future Of Our Attack)

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by nirvaanfc, Jul 2, 2005.

1. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    (WHILE POSTING THIS INTO ANOTHER THREAD, I THOUGHT I SHOULD MAKE IT A THREAD)

The notion of LUXURY tag attached to Antonio Cassano & Alberto Gilardino is not warranted.

Take a look at every one of the biggest clubs in World football......

A.C.Milan - Kaka, (trying desperately for) Gilardino
    Barcelona - Eto'o, Ronaldinho
    Chelsea - Robben, (vying for) Gilardino, Adriano, etc....
    Manchester United - C.Ronaldo, Rooney
    Arsenal - Hleb, Reyes, Van Persie
    Bayern Munich - Schweinsteiger, (vying for) Podolski

All these clubs realise that the biggest part of football is blooding a young attacking superstars to have as the attacking core to make your team the best. If the youth academy cannot prodcue the goods you have to go out and look for them!!!

Look at some of the most succesful teams in Europe over the last decade: -
    Manchester United - Beckham, Scholes, Giggs (all at club frome very young)
    Real Madrid - Raul, Morientes

I just think the likes of Gilardino and Cassano are not on the market everyday, we may be stocked at forward line but i'd gladly part with Trezeguet, Zalayeta, Miccoli, Mutu (three of them noit four) to get one the next generation of Italy superstar attackign players.

As far as Nedved successor i have already seen Aliaksandr Helb the guy i saw as the perfect successor join Arsenal who have put together a team of young guns on the cheap to chalenge for years to come (and i am not an Arsenal supporter).

Juventus have Zlatan who i like but not love. He isn't a player i wuld have leading the team but i want him on it!!!
    I have maintained for ages Enzo Maresca is my next JUVE captain (thinking recently Gianluca Zambrotta before him though)

That said transfers are not made in Football for a quick fix to make a run at a title one year like in American sports. The long term future as well as ST future need to be given a look into....

2. dﮥnny

dﮥnny New Member

Mar 26, 2005
    US
    Why need a forward when you have Del Piero, Trezeguet, Ibrahimovic, Zayaleta, Mutu, and Miccoli. That is six forwards and Capello will probably only play two at a time. Getting another one would be useless.

3. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i assume youre talking about me when you mention cassano being a luxery. cassano or gilardino is not vital to us at all for the next couple years. we have one of the best forward lines in the world. i dont think many can top Ibrahimovic, Del Piero, Mutu, Trezeguet. im pretty sure cassano will stay now that roma cant buy players. we can get him next summer, when its closer to Alexs retirement/exit also.

4. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I have already said Zalayeta and Miccoli are very unlikely to stay and if we are to get funding for Cassano or Gilardino it will be through sale of Trezeguet.

Speaking about the sale of Trezeguet, i know its just a rumour, but if Chelsea offered 37 Million Pounds, i'd say grab it and sell of Mutu, Miccoli, Zalayeta and then you have enough money to grab both Gilardino and Cassano, but thats in a perfect world!

5. Rima067

Rima067 New Member

May 10, 2004
    I feel it would be so stupid of us to get rid of our only out and out striker. We're an Italian team after all. And thinking back to the Champions League, barring Trezeguet we can't keep depending on Nedved to score for us!

Heck, I keep telling the Arsenal section we'd (Arsenal fans) do better with an out and out striker! (Trez specifically)

The only player on our team who doesn't waste shots (striker or anyone - Mr. Zambrotta I'm looking at you :p ) is Trezeguet. Although, the new 37 million Pound bid is something else..

6. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I know that this is highly unlikely, but I'd like to see both Gilardino and Cassano plying their trade at the Delle Alpi. I'm infatuated with the Parma hitman because he would be a safe bet for 20-plus goals a season -- I'm not sure the same can still be said of our current, oft-injured marksman-in-chief, David Trezeguet. He'd also contribute more in the way of collective play. Cassano looks like a potential superstar trequartista in the Roberto Baggio mould. It is not in his best interests to remain at Roma; they are going nowhere fast. Skills such as his need to be consistently showcased on the biggest stages. The Giallorossi can offer no such guarantees.