Juventus 23/24 Serie A Season Thread for March [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Mar 1, 2024.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only 5 minutes lol?

2. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Too many mistakes in this match. Finishing, Defensive.

I thought Allegri managed it well. Even left all 3 On.

3. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Ngoge was one of the guys ball-watching on that rebound. Not a good look after you give up the penalty.

AGomes repped this.
  4. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Fuxkkk

Ruga

5. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely no luck today.

juveeer repped this.
  6. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Dude, ******** this game. Another sitter missed.

7. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    How shit do you have to be to be subbed off after being a 2H sub? GTFO.

8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2-1, awful. This season is turning to shit.

juveeer repped this.
  9. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Unlucky.

Injuries, Finishing. Giuntoli and staff needs a head shake whoever recommended Ngonge or whatever this clowns name is. Someone needs to be accountable over this one.

All Napoli players are boxed out and they let a guy who weighs 150 LBS get in with ZERO difficulty.

10. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    As much as Miretti was struggling at the end (and he definitely was clearly), doubt he does these 2 bonehead moves that Ngonge did.

Whatever. Only ourselves to blame.

11. dean smith

dean smith Member

Juventus
    England
    Jan 17, 2021
    Can’t believe we didn’t win that. On another day we would have had 6 goals. Played well tonight and didn’t deserve to lose but we missed all our chances. Knonge should never have been brought on in such a high stakes game and I think Kostic should have come on for illing earlier in the second half. We were unlucky. Was impressed with our closing down and the high press. This was probably one of our better performances this season imo but we had no look. Locatelli had a good game more involved and played the ball forward for a change. Charly was flagging the last 15 but I liked his commitment and work rate. MOM Sandro. Didn’t really put a foot wrong closely followed by Bremer. Another tough game next week. If we lose that hopefully it will be the end of Allegri at the end of the season

12. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Fit and in form Rabiot would have been the difference.

Suddenly Bologna closer to us than I would have ever imagined.

Atalanta and Fiorentina struggling like us.

Milan likely overtakes us for 3rd. Doesn't mean much in the overall picture but need to nail down top 4 ASAP.

juveeer and dean smith repped this.
  13. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Also. Roma doing well. Taking advantage of an easy part of the schedule. Unlike us in February. I shit on them this week over there but they moved on from Mou and it's working.

Truthfully the absolute best case scenario is if I was offered Top 4 and winning the Coppa Italia, I'd take it.

14. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    For 1 Week at least I don't want to see on social media "allegri out". For all his iasues, he was just fine today.

15. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    That's the issue; the inconsistency of late. When Allegri finally gets it right, the players don't execute. For as criticized as the midfield was today, I still see Vlahovic as the biggest culprit.

dean smith and AGomes repped this.
  16. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    I kinda see what Chiesa was doing on the last play of the game. Maybe he floated that FK a bit too high and slow (purposely) but Meret barely got to it.

17. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Pardon my ignorance on that one, I didn't know Nonge was from the Next Gen team. I swear there are about 3 players with similar names in the league. Napoli & Verona, I believe.

OK, now I'm kinda am blaming Allegri. Why not Hans Nicolussi-Caviglia instead? Why this match? You'd think Allegri would save him in a match where we have a 2 goal lead. Why today?

Thinking about the overall play since February. Even against teams at the bottom half of the table, we struggled to create, played too pedestrian. But unlike this Napoli match, we didn't create much. What I'm saying it, it's not like we ran into a juggernaut today that kept us from possessing the ball, we have been having this problem for weeks now. I don't think the absences would have changed much where this is concerned.

18. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Going to have to take back my in game message. This is on Allegri.

Nonge has played 9 Minutes in 'A' this season and that was 1 Appearance against 20th Placed Salernitana. But Allegri and Landucci figure to themselves that today, in a level match against the defending champions in their building, is the appropriate time for this 18 YO's second appearance? With a more experienced and available Nicolussi Caviglia available?

This was not the correct move. This match was thrown away on so many levels.

dean smith repped this.
  19. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1 win in 6 games & that was a last min winner by Rugani

absolutely horrendous to watch our defense NOT get on that rebound from the PK.

juveeer, juventino13 and dean smith repped this.
  20. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    That was ridiculous.

Daei_10 and juveeer repped this.
  21. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    [​IMG]

lmao, they're so ********ing bad

Daei_10, dean smith and gumbacicc repped this.
  22. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Looking at the Kvara goal again, really hate what Bremer did. Instead of heading it downwards to any teammate that was in vicinty without any Napoli player around, he uses all his might to head as far away as possible only for it to go directly to a Napoli player. Chiesa could have had 2 Assists on 2 Vlahovic goals before ADL even made it to his seat. So wasteful.

23. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    We seem to be running into this a lot this season.

24. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    We are going to be lucky to qualify for CL if this keeps up.

25. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Actually, in real time, when I saw all the Napoli players lined up in sprinters stances well off the 18, I thought, damn, this is going to be like an NFL kickoff where they were all going to time their run and sprint into the box the moment the ball was kicked.

They blew right by us.

Frankly that was a smart play by Napoli. No excuse for our naivety, but that was not luck on their part.