Juventus 23/24 Serie A Season Thread for March [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Mar 1, 2024.

1. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Allegri Post Match...

"This Result serves us well because it keeps Genoa 24 Points behind us after their Loss to Lazio earlier today".

2. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Shomorudov (sic) told by Yerri Mina to slow down his walk to be subbed off. Seconds later they laugh about it. Shameful.

3. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Bring on Rugani to salvage a 94th Minute Draw.

4. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    We have zero substitutes that are inpactful. Isn't just this match.

dean smith repped this.
  5. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Goal. Milik

2-2

EDIT: Own Goal by Dossena.

6. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    2-2 Final.

7. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    9 Point lead over Roma but they have 2 matches in hand and a head-to-head against us.

They need to get on it or even this extra CL Spot won't be enough.

dean smith repped this.
  8. dean smith

dean smith Member

Juventus
    England
    Jan 17, 2021
    Played well from the 92nd minute. Lucky point. Yes we had 72% possession but done nothing with it. Thought we were out muscled again, no creativity and disfunctional. I suppose Allegri will say we played a great game because he is out his head on crystal meths. NOM Vlahovic. Was the only one who was aggressive and matched them physically. English commentators say they can’t see Juve winning another game this season with the way we are playing. I intend to agree. Another abysmal display with nothing positive to take from the game. We need a whole new midfield next season other than McKennie and Fagioli

9. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    If they can't get top 5 may very have to support Roma in the EL :eek:

Even if I think it ends here as Leverkusen seem to be too strong. Roma will probably just blame Officiating and the worldwide conspiracy to keep them down. Then head over to the airport and physically accost the Referee in the presence of his daughter. Most violent fanbase in Italy.

10. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Leverkusen might be the more impressive side so far this season, but the Europa League is the Europa League, and Roma’s record against Leverkusen is Roma’s record against Leverkusen!

11. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    #411 AGomes, Apr 20, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
    Not going to check but I believe Bayer Leverkusen finished in 10th last season. This year under Xabi Alonso they are a different animal -- still undefeated on all fronts. Of course Roma have it all to play for but currently Leverkusen have to be favorites.

12. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    #412 AGomes, Apr 20, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
    Anyways. Allegri is an issue but it's quite clear he isn't the only problem. Unless he has it in him to make the entire team worse.

I give him kudos for removing Locatelli. Far too long Locatelli has been deemed one of the players that cannot he subbed off. Next he needs to do the same with Rabiot. It's never come out but I always believed one of the reasons why Rabiot never took the ManU offer was he was given assurances that he would play all the time. That ship has sailed and he is probably gone anyways. Thing is, for who? As much as I back him, Miretti and Alcatraz still aren't better than Rabiot. But Miretti will be when he reaches his mid to late 20's. Alcatraz was just fine when he first arrived but that injury and the teams nosedive has clearly affected him.

Would like to win the Coppa Italia and top 4.

13. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    The new handball rule which essentailly took out the word INTENTIONAL, has made play in the box a lottery.

AGomes repped this.
  14. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    That is all we can hope for at this point.

Though now top 5 still gets us in Europe.

15. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This team is a shame. Way too many bums including the coach. It’s time to really have a big off season and ship some of these people out.

16. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    No Leverkusen were 5th last season. Xabi Alonso didn't even take over until October, after the previous coach got sacked for terrible results. I agree they are better this season, but so is Roma.

Leverkusen are definitely the favorites NO DOUBT! However, I look at this like another Milan vs Napoli in UCL of last year. Napoli were clear favorites, but Milan did it!

17. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Interdasting:

https://football-italia.net/giuntoli-juventus-confront-ideas-with-allegri/

Snip from the article:

"....His contract runs to June 2025, so it was phrased a different way, asking if Juventus will renew his contract.

“This is a consideration we will make along with the coach after the end of the season. We will meet up, confront our ideas on the transfer market and future choices,” replied Giuntoli.

“We certainly had a dip in our league form, probably because we were cradling that Scudetto dream and everyone was giving 140 per cent, but it was not enough also due to some refereeing errors.

“The statistics show we are the only team where VAR never intervened in our favour.”

18. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006

19. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I'm really starting to dislike Giuntoli. He has given us no reason for optimism.

Daei_10 and AGomes repped this.
  20. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    He hasn't had time or money to do anything yet.

Still, AA really screweled the pooch when he got rid of Bepe, who is arguably the best GM in Serie A.

dean smith repped this.
  21. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Best GM in Serie A if not the world. The only other sporting director I can think of that he could rival would be Perez from Real Madrid. However, Real Madrid are considerably a richer club than us. Not sure how Perez would do if he only had the funds and money that we do!

22. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Perez is the president of Real Madrid, not the sporting director.

Dante repped this.
  23. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Doesn't he manage the transfers usually as well though?

AGomes repped this.
  24. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy