Juventus 23/24 Serie A Season Thread for February [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Feb 1, 2024.

1. dean smith

dean smith Member

Juventus
    England
    Jan 17, 2021
    Not a great performance. Thought we lacked pace and movement off the ball. There are players there that we need to get rid of at the end of the season. Sorry to you American guys but I don’t think Weah is cut out for this league and didn’t contribute along with Locatelli, Kostic, Chiesa, and Rugani (until the end). It’s a win , I think we were fortunate. MOM Vlahovic with McKennie a close second.

2. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We won vs a team that might get relegated…
    It’s nice to win, but this team is really not that good. If we are in the champions league next year I can see us exiting in the group stages unless any major changes occur this offseason such as getting rid of Allegri and few of the players…

AGomes and dean smith repped this.
  3. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Allegri aside, is part of the issue we are just not experienced enough?

Seems like we put out an Under 25 team each match, minus a few exceptions.

4. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    This is a factor. But we were kicking butt for months before the Inter game and now collapse.

Hopefully we can get back on track now. Chiesa has been woeful all of 2024. We can't afford him to be this poor from here on out.

dean smith repped this.
  5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  6. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    #156 AGomes, Feb 26, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2024
    Guess we'll know on the March thread but tricky match on the 3rd in Napoli. No Rabiot or Wes. If I had to guess, Hans Nicolussi Caviglia to replace Wes. Charly to draw in for Rabiot. Miretti could have Minutes for Charly. Opted not to watch the Frosinone match so I don't know how Charly played. Chiesa under fire so I cannot see him put in another bad performance so soon.

Real young MF whereas they will have more experience. In the first meeting, Bremer won plaudits for pocketing Osimhen. Going to need another effort like this.

Napoli play Midweek versus Sassuolo to make up for their SuperCup commitments. Have to take advantage of this.

7. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    There is talk Max may play Danillo in MF.

8. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    Gotta keep that 3-5-2 formation at all costs.

9. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im beyond tired of Allegri that even if i miss a Juve game i wont care.

this man is hopeless and 3yrs from now we’ll be in this same exact place talking about “we need better players”

Next year we’ll just exit CL group or R16
    We’ll most likely sell some good players and go sign some over the hill player like Kroos or Modric.

same pattern over and over

gumbacicc and cizko repped this.
  10. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    We better not sign Modric. He is way passed it. Kroos might still have like 4 good years in him if we use him properly. Whether Allegri will or not as a different story.

11. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    Let's hope Giuntoli has some balls and will sack Allegri after the season (or they mutually part ways I don't care). But I worry that with Allegri's influence and pull within the club, they will actually extend his contract. I really do worry.

dean smith repped this.
  12. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The only way Allegri leaves is if Juve fails to make the CL, or he leaves of his own will. If neither of those happen he will have his contract extended until 2026.

gumbacicc repped this.
  13. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    Then we will be stuck in perpetual mediocrity.

gumbacicc repped this.
  14. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I agree. If the board has not seen fit to sack Allegri given how shit we are week after week throughout his tenure, there is no way he gets sacked until and unless things really fall off the rails.

15. dean smith

dean smith Member

Juventus
    England
    Jan 17, 2021
    Just reading your comments guys. I can’t see caviglia in for Wes as he has different characteristics. I would like him to get the nod over Locatelli but not against Napoli. Miretti will replace Wes and I think Charly will come in for Rabiot. I thought Charly done well last weekend when he came on. He commanded the ball and his movement and passing was good. As for Allegri if we would have been offered 2nd place at the start of the season by the start of 2024 I think we would have snapped that offer up. Yes we are playing slow horrible football and I do want him replaced at the end of the season, especially if that means keeping the likes of Chiesa and Vlahovic, but with the players he has at his disposal I suppose he is doing a good job in terms of league position. I do however think if he remains we will not evolve like all other top European clubs as his methods are very old fashioned.Lets hope he goes on the final whistle of the last game this season and it gives us time to work with a new younger coach to get ready for next season.

16. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he’s actually been worse so far.
    Lame signings

17. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    This I don't disagree with. However, I find it difficult to believe that there's not another manager out there that can finish second and play more progressive, entertaining football. We have to keep in mind that Allegri has the most expensive roster of all the Serie A clubs; it's not as if he is playing with Frosinone's players. It would be nice to get to point where watching this side isn't a chore. It's sport. It's supposed to be entertaining. Rhetorically, when can it be said that we were last entertaining to watch?

cizko, Daei_10 and juveeer repped this.
  18. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We were good in January then it all fell apart.

Inter has scored 4 goals each game last 4 games. Thats a team building confidence so they need goals they can score. Problem with our style is when things go bad and we need goals it gets desperate. Its not about entertaining football but rather have ability to score because thats how you win. Playing a hard fought defensive game each game takes its toll on players physically and mentally. Its not a sustainable model.

19. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Allegri's got such a bad rap that not even the Saudi's would table another offer for him.

Scudetto's gone but even he can't ******** up a top 4 or 5 CL place.

Might as well keep him until May.

But if by chance France don't offer Zidane a job after the EC, get him.

21. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Yeah, I wouldn't sack him know because you have to imagine we will finish in a top four spot. The concern is that they will not even consider anyone new in the summer.

22. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Let's see. We fired the last Scudetto winner, but we will keep Max for another failing year?

23. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yes, they will

gumbacicc repped this.
  24. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    I'm hearing that part of the reason why he has the Boards support is that he was told to play the youth (we are younger now than we've been in YEARS) and he's doing precisely that. That these are the Results from that. I can see that but my issue with him besides the lack of spectacle is he doesn't bring along younger players in development.

25. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well this stupid team is strapped for cash so maybe they keep him for another year…