Juventus 21/22 Serie A Season Thread for October [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by juventino13, Oct 2, 2021.

1. dean smith

dean smith Member

Juventus
    England
    Jan 17, 2021
    Slow start. If we don’t show more urgency it will only be a matter of time before Roma score

2. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a goal by Kean!

3. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lmao it was Bentancour that scored not Kean!

4. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No it was Kean! Hahah it hit Bentancour then it hit Kean!

5. dean smith

dean smith Member

Juventus
    England
    Jan 17, 2021
    Good goal to get against the run of play. Zaniolo going off is good news for us

6. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Woj with the penalty save

juveeer repped this.
  7. dean smith

dean smith Member

Juventus
    England
    Jan 17, 2021
    Tek has saved Chiellini blushes. Great save. Chiesa and cuadrado disappointing first half. Don’t like how deep we are sitting inviting them on. They seem to have a lot of room in midfield to shift the ball. Think we need to up a he tempo in the second half and show more urgency

8. dean smith

dean smith Member

Juventus
    England
    Jan 17, 2021
    Great effort and technic from berna

9. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    De Sciglio has been playing great today

juveeer repped this.
  10. dean smith

dean smith Member

Juventus
    England
    Jan 17, 2021
    Poor start but he has grown into the game

11. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Arthur finally making an appearance, hes been out for so damn long.

12. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Chiellini with a big match today, he's been solid.

13. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Sandro in for De Sciglio, good game from him

14. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Game over, good win. Juve were solid defensively.

juveeer and dean smith repped this.
  15. dean smith

dean smith Member

Juventus
    England
    Jan 17, 2021
    Didn’t play well tonight. Felt we gave the ball away to easy, gave to many silly fouls and I thought we rode our luck. However we defended fantastic again as a team.It was an ugly win but 3 points again. I prefer it when we are in control of the ball and dictating the game. Something Allegri needs to get us doing again

16. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The team needs to be more aggressive but oh well. We played solid. Kean with a nice goal. Berna actually played well. Cuadrado was dog shit today.
    Chiesa was non existent. Shezny made a great pk save. This team will definitely be better with a healthy Dybala and Morata. Arthur was decent for the few minutes he was in there. It’s good to see some midfield control again.

dean smith repped this.
  17. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I though we were fortunate that Orsato didn't play advantage on the penalty he gave. Setting that aside, it's nice to see the little run we're on and that we look better-organized defensively. Allegri must have a lot to do with that.

It was also nice to see a number of the players who have been historically dog shit for us put in nice efforts: De Sciglio, Bernardeschi, Arthur, Bentacur, etc. Hopefully we have turned the corner and we are finding form. It would be nice to get Dybala back soon and I hope that Chiesa could be slid back into his more comfortable winger role because he really struggled to make an impact as one of the two strikers yesterday.

I also thought that Allegri made a good move switching over to a 4-3-3 later in the second half when Roma were completely outplaying us. The extra midfielder in Arthur allowed us to keep better control in midfield and take some pressure off the defense who were constantly under threat. Chiellini had one of his uncharacteristically poor matches yesterday so it looked to be a matter of time before we conceded. Fortunately Allegri's changes prevented that.

juveeer repped this.
  18. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They don't play advantage in the box because if the player misses the goal, they won't then call for a penalty. Also, if he did call for an advantage VAR would have reviewed the goal and then he would have annulled it since Mkhitaryan handled the ball before it went to Abraham.

19. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    If I was Zaniolo, I would never play against Juventus again.

20. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Grinta has returned.

I do not like the way Max has used #22 the last couple of games. he is far more dangerous when he has room to move.

21. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chiesa should never play in the role of a striker. He was non existent. Put him where he should be and you got a diamond. I’m sure Allegri learned from yesterday. I think he probably didn’t have much of a choice because both Morata and Dybala are not 100%. Surprised Kaio didn’t get any minutes but that’s understandable since we already a youngest starting in Kean who has proven his ability to score vs someone who just turned 19 and is probably not going to be a starter this year.

22. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    With the Zenit match out of the way, arguably the most important match is up against Inter. A win against them puts in good position going forward.

23. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  24. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    He's always been a self-centered ********. I wish they would stop discussing it because overall the Ronaldo experiment was a failure, no more so than the results on the pitch.

scirea6 repped this.
  25. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006