Juventus 20/21 Serie A Season Thread for October [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Oct 8, 2020.

1. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our salary is 10x some of these teams we are drawing with. We should expect a much better performance!
    A poor team making us look pedestrian. I am sorry but this was a huge miss with Pirlo. Throwing him to the wolves was a very bad bad idea. He needed time to develop. Agnelli went with his impulse.
    We need Zidane on this team.

2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Pagelle Juventus, i voti bianconeri dopo il pareggio contro il Verona: Kulusevski show. Nuovo flop Bernardeschi

Le pagelle della Juventus dopo il pareggio (1-1) contro l'Hellas

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ref was bad, but in the first half other than the goal called back we were extremely poor.
    I do not want to see Berna or Ramsey in there anymore, both suck and both are very inconsistent. We will need to see better performance by the mid fielders, also not having Benta in there hurt us. Arthur was fine, he was playing the Pjanic role just fine, just on attack he lacks big time.
    We need Ronaldo back ASAP because this team is a garbage without him.
    Also Dybala once again shows how inconsistent he is. He had some nice opportunities but the bottom line is that he wasn’t good enough to capitalize on any of those chances. I am to the point considering selling Dybala and obviously have Cristiano go after this season.
    Extend Morata and bring in the next top striker, maybe try to sign Mbappe with all the cash we free up with a fire sale.

4. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    Except of few minutes of nice creative football, it was a bad performance. Pirlo did not adapt and Dybala, Ramsey and Berna were deserving of a lash after their showing.

But I do not think we are at a point that everything needs to be disbanded. I will wait a few more games before pushing the panic button like a madman.

5. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most teams have established some type of chemistry, this team just has big issues. Since Allegri left we didn’t regain the same chemistry.
    I would offload Dybala and Ronaldo after this season and go all our for Mbappe. We can make this work imo.

Scezny
    Demiral De Ligt Bonucci Sandro
    Cuadrado McKinney Bentancour Kulu
    Mbappe Morata

6. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    You'll need more than money to lure young Mr Mbappe to Juve. He's at the point in his soaring career when even the most unreasonable demands he would make seem very reasonable in view of his talent and upside. He can write his own ticket at virtually any of the CL contenders and perennial league winners in Europe.

7. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Mbappe has stagnated at PSG, he has not improved much since being there. His value should not be what it is regardless of his upside. He needs to leave Paris to make it to that next level

8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You must have forgotten this team under Sarri, Del Neri, Ferrara, etc.

scirea6, juveeer and gumbacicc repped this.
  9. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    You can fairly scrutinize/criticize Pirlo and also understand that any team that brings in a new manager and new faces can expect to experience growing pains. What we have seen thus far has not been good. However there have been glimpses of good play to suggest that we can improve.

We clearly should have won yesterday. Two crossbars, missed penalty calls, annulled goal, etc. It just didn't go our way. The same could be said of the Crotone match. Had we gotten the breaks in those two matches, people would be singing a different tune.

It was fair to give Sarri half of a season before understanding he was not the right manager for Juve. His ineptitude led to Pirlo being named boss and having very little time to prepare the side going into the season. Pirlo is owed the same amount of patience from the fanbase before we label him incompetent as well.

Dante repped this.
  10. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The important thing is we aren't losing, but we are not playing well regardless. Team has to step it up, but we have been extremely unlucky the last few games. I'm not worried just yet

11. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have played 6 games with zero losses including 2 red cards and played down for almost 50 minutes. Our starting LB, CBx2, LW/CF (top 5 player in the world), and CM has been out for almost the whole of it. Sure, we have dropped points to bottom of the table Crotone and TOP Half of the table Hellas Verona (9th 2020 / 8th 2021).

This isn't new, we almost exclusively start slow and every "Anti-Juve" starts hot and people freak out how this is the year. It is the same almost every year.

This year is different, we have a brand new coach with a very condensed pre-season and fresh new ideas to help transition to a younger team. How some of you expect us to be playing like Peak Allegri or Conte after 6 games and 2 international breaks is beyond me. Of course, it is fine to question Pirlo and the management, but calling the season over or Pirlo a failure already is ridiculous. Just like how we weren't winning any silverware with Sarri last year...I may be wrong though, I admit that I wanted to give Sarri a shot and thought it could work and was wrong. Pirlo seems much more different. I see some rehearsed things like Conte while also being pragmatic like Allegri being able to go 4 in the back or 3/5 in the back.

Side note. Danilo has continued to impress me this season. He stepped into the CB position and was winning duels left and right next to Demiral after Bonucci went out.

phat, gumbacicc, Dante and 1 other person repped this.
  12. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Betta worries me. he was good to very good most of last season but arguably he has been the worst of our "starters" to date. Berna has been the worst but he is not a starter. he needs to be moved for the sake of his career.

Still think we lack the creative presence in the MF we have lacked since our Mister left.

phat repped this.
  13. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which is why I think we should be at our best in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 taking a lot of the creativity off of a midfield 2.

Depending on the severity of Bonucci/Chiellini
    ----------------------tek
    -Cuadrado-Demiral-Danilo-Frabotta
    ----------Arthur/Benta--Rabiot
    -----------Kulu----Dybala----Chiesa
    ---------------------Morata

Add in De Ligt, Alex Sandro, and Ronaldo to that team and we can be infinitely stronger with huge potential.

phat and juveeer repped this.
  14. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    But sad to say Juve isn't going to be the place to take him to that next level in the near future

15. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mbappe is going Real Madrid. If you think otherwise, idk what to tell you other than you are delusional. Madrid did not sign anyone this summer and will splash big next summer with probably around 150-200 mil for him, IMO of course.

juveeer repped this.
  16. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    Yep, I can agree with 4-2-3-1. We can easily get overcrowded in the middle of the pitch while flanks are not used as much. Although you put Ronaldo on the left wing and you have a problem. He will not defend, and neither will Ramsey and Dybala if they will play behind Morata.

17. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pirlo has yet to be able to start his preferred lineup because of COVID, injuries, etc. He had a very short pre-season then had the stupid international break. The team is playing every 4 days or so and as others have been right to point out, unlucky so far. It was never going to because some amazing attacking team overnight. Need to give Pirlo a chance. He's already putting his faith in some of the younger players, which you know is something that's coming from the top as well. Juve's not going to be spending hundreds of millions any time soon. Very, very few teams will be.

He's building something for the future, a young team that can only grow. Just need to get rid of a couple more players and tighten up the midfield.

18. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    We're not even the running to sign him so that's irrelevant, but I agree, he wouldn't progress much here either

19. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But all reports saying Mbappe is gone this summer.
    Obviously if he waits another year other clubs will offer him huge $$ like Real Madrid. He wants to win and wants that huge payout.

20. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because of Juve Pogba became a star, sure he had all the raw talent but Juve put him in a position to succeed. To some extend we did the same with Morata and Dybala.
    Tevez had some bad years until he came to Juve.

juveeer repped this.
  21. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001

22. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Chiello is back in training, doubt we see him this weekend though

23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    De Ligt could get cleared to join the team later this week or early next week. Two good signs

gumbacicc repped this.
  24. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    CR7 finally tests negative.

falvo repped this.
  25. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #175 falvo, Dec 26, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    GIANLUIGI BUFFON 7 - Straordinario quando chiamato in causa. Decisivo in campo e fuori con il suo carisma. Nulla da togliere ovviamente a Tek ma forse non è un caso che le tre migliori partite dei bianconeri in stagione, contro Cagliari e Parma in campionato, contro il Barcellona in Champions, siano arrivate con Gigi in campo.

[​IMG]

WESTON MCKENNIE 7 -
    La rivelazione di questo inizio di stagione. Avvio in sordina con poche sporadiche apparizioni, senza lasciare il segno. Poi Pirlo ha iniziato a capire la sua importanza e lo ha gettato nella mischia con continuità. Inserimenti, 'garra' e anche una buona qualità. A tanti ricorda il primo Vidal juventino, un grande augurio per l'americano.

[​IMG]

CRISTIANO RONALDO 7,5 - Determinante e trascinante, sempre decisivo e la sua importanza si è capita quando non era in campo. E' arrivato a quota 81 reti con la maglia della Juventus, 64 reti in campionato, 14 in Champions, 2 in Coppa Italia e uno in Supercoppa italiana. Ronaldo in Serie A è salito a quota 12, in totale quest'anno sono 16 le reti segnate in appena 14 presenze.

[​IMG]

ALVARO MORATA 7 - Alzi la mano chi si aspettava questo rendimento! Non era la prima scelta (e la vicenda Suarez lo dimostra) ma poco importa perché ha dimostrato di essere una prima scelta sul campo, a suon di gol e prestazioni convincenti. Morata ha infatti messo a segno 10 gol fino a questo momento tra campionato e Champions League che gli consentono di raggiungere la doppia cifra per il settimo anno di fila.

[​IMG]

usnroach repped this.