Juventus 20/21 Serie A Season Thread for May [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Apr 30, 2021.

1. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    You would think they won the title o_O

2. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
  3. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It just means how important is to make it to the CL for this team. If you don’t play in the CL for even a single year then that’s one year lost and the player getting a year older and loss of revenue. CL money is important especially because the pandemic has ravaged the teams earnings. Hopefully all clubs will have full capacity when the new season starts.

usnroach and juveeer repped this.
  4. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    [​IMG]

lol

IcEWoLF repped this.
  5. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
  6. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Some good ones.

7. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
  8. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    With the amount of Euros at stake, they kinda did. or at least the lottery.

9. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    juventino13 repped this.
  10. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    They all need to shut up.

But then we have a guy like Pep praising Sacchi. Does he have pics or something?

Dude had one of the greatest collections of talent in club football ever and managed to win with it. I could have won with that team.

Then he had one of the most stacked Italia teams of all time and he failed miserably. Goes to PKs with he best Italian PK taker of his era on the bench.

gumbacicc repped this.
  11. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    As bad as this season was we still managed to be the second best defense in the league, giving up 38 goals to Inter's 35.

But we were fourth in goals scored.

We had a better goals scored and goals allowed record than Milan, yet finished behind them. That is rare.

12. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Moggi as well. In this instance I give credit to Marcello Lippi because unlike them, he stays relatively quiet.

IcEWoLF, juveeer and gumbacicc repped this.
  13. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Same goes for Capello. If I recall correctly, he only won the Champions League with that three-Dutchman Milan plus Baresi and Maldini. What a genius. With us, we played pitiful football over the course of two years despite having a world class player at every position and got embarassed in CL. He can go take a walk.

juveeer repped this.
  14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Exactly right! To think Juve will get much money by selling Ronaldo this summer is a pipe dream. Best case scenario is they find a team that is willing to assume his final year salary and he is off the books with no money coming in. What technical director in their right mind would pay a transfer fee for a 36 year old striker with a high wage bill?

15. Trequartista10

Apr 10, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Without CR3.5 the attack was more fluid, less built around one player just trying to get his, and less predictable. Get Dybala fit give him the season to prove he's still what we all thought he would be, you aren't going to sell him for much anyways. Get 2 new midfielders, and a legit 9 who can play with his back to goal but also finish. Most of the teams problems are in midfield and CR3.5 sucking all the oxygen out of the attack.

cizko and juveeer repped this.
  16. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    It is funny that 2 of the most flowing attacking football matches we played all year were yesterday and against Lazio, both times when CR3.5 was not starting.

The group that played yesterday , if they can add a quality MF and a back to goal CF to the mix as a changeup to Morata, would be formidable. Morata looked a lot better with a crew of suppliers like Dybala, Kulu, Chiesa and Cuadrado. He works hard and our pressing game is much better without CR 3.5.

Rabiot has played much better the last few games and at this point I would keep him. He worked well with the younger players that played yesterday.

17. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Morata could have had 5-6 goals.

18. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rabiot shows up only at the end of the season.
    He is too inconsistent and wouldn’t mind if we cut ties with him.

Dybala is constantly injured and just can’t stay fit. I think it’s time to sell him while he still worth something.

Morata must go. He was okay this season, at start he was great but he disappeared for half the season.

Strikers are everywhere, the problem is getting quality midfielders. We can build a team around a solid midfielder. I would love to get Pogba back but his transfer fee probably too big and his wage demand is probably going to be astronomical. Not Ronaldo big, but up there.

19. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Locatelli seems to be the doable move that would improve the club almost immediately.

20. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They all look good until they join the squad and they have inept coach like Pirlo or Sarri to improve the midfield. The system this year was absolute trash. I expected better midfield play under Pirlo. Boy I was wrong

21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Guardiola would not have gotten any better results from this crop of MFs. Yes, Pirlo may have been too green for the job but managing rubbish players is a challenge for any trainer.

22. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    It didn't help that Pirlo had a whole season and couldn't figure out his best XI. You can't develop any fluidity if you start with a different XI each match.

juventino13 repped this.
  23. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    38 matches in Serie A, 38 different lineups

gumbacicc and scirea6 repped this.
  24. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That's just unacceptable. I mean, that would be unacceptable if he was coaching the Primavera.

gumbacicc and juventino13 repped this.