Juventus 20/21 Serie A Season Thread for March [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Mar 1, 2021.

1. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I've heard so much criticism of Pirlo, Ronaldo, the midfield...how is it that Paratici isn't the #1 person to blame?

indestructible, scirea6 and juveeer repped this.
  2. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A team that won once since January beats Juve.

Scudetto race is evaporated.
    We need to start doing a fire sale. I wouldn’t mind seeing Pirlo gone. He needs more time to develop as a coach, but not with the A team!
    Agnelli thought he could get cute and bring Pirlo in to still have a successful season. Well obviously he couldn’t.
    This team needs a new direction. Ronny is gone.
    We spend more than anyone for midfielders and here we are with a midfield that is literally invisible.
    We need to go back to the drawing board.

3. dean smith

dean smith Member

Juventus
    England
    Jan 17, 2021
    I think they will struggle to do that. That has got to be the worst performance I’ve ever seen from a Juve team and I have been following them since the late 80s. That’s goodbye to the scudetto and it should be goodbye to Pirlo. What a complete embarrassment to all Juve supporters. It’s not losing I’m unhappy with but the fact there was no effort,we looked slow, couldn’t link the play up, couldn’t cross the ball or take corners or free kicks properly. We wasted so much time in possession and gave the ball away cheaply. Think they need to do something in training to build there strength and fitness up because we were 2nd in every department today and if we played until next Thursday I still don’t think we would have scored.

4. dean smith

dean smith Member

Juventus
    England
    Jan 17, 2021
    Let’s try and do a deal with PSG straight swap Ronaldo for Icardi. Let Marata go and bring in another forward who can score 15/20 goals a season . I think Icardi and Dybala would be a great partnership. Re vamp the midfield by getting rid of Bentancur,Rabiot ,Bernadesci and Ramsey and bring in pogba and Auour. Say goodbye to Bonucci and bring in Alaba or the lad that’s on loan at Milan Tamori

IcEWoLF repped this.
  5. dean smith

dean smith Member

Juventus
    England
    Jan 17, 2021
    He has to take some responsibility

juveeer repped this.
  6. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems that he has been blamed the most on here. Followed by a poor midfield, then Pirlo, followed by Ronaldo.

7. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Weston McK did more in his 20 minutes than the rest of our MF did all game.

We need to stop pulling it back when we get a break. DELIVER THE DAMNED BALL...Who knows something positive may happen? Instead we pull it back and pass it around the horn a dozen times before we .lose it when trying to play through 22 legs in a very restricted area.

Rabiot has all the makings of an excellent player but he just doesn't have the motor and the grinta necessary to be consistent at this level.

We must qualify for the CL now. Not going to be a given.

usnroach repped this.
  8. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this was such a poor game, I couldn't believe how it seemed that it was the first time the team played together and we are in March.

I have tried to not be in the "Pirlo out" camp but this rebuild needs someone who knows what they are doing in practice, not theoretically.

Who is available though?
    • Allegri probably isn't coming back.
      • It is possible his opportunities aren't as numerous because of his pragmatic approach being pretty archaic for top level clubs.
    • If Roma don't make the CL, Fonseca could be out.
    • If Atalanta don't make the CL, Gasperini could be willing to leave.
    • Inzaghi would probably be willing to leave from Lazio.
    • Mancini may want back into club football after the Euro's.
    • Deschamps after the Euro's maybe?
    It is hard to see what Pirlo has done to deserve more than this year if we finish as bad as we are playing now.

To be clear, I don't blame it all on Pirlo, he is just trying to do his job. The fact is that he shouldn't have been given the position in the first place it seems.

9. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    He's better at taking FKs than as a member of the wall blocking them. And yes he sucks taking FKs

10. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I ilke Pirlo and other than the insistence of playing out of the back every.single.time.even.when.it.is.not.on, I think his ideas are sound - IF we had a Pirlo to pull the strings.

Instead we have gah-bage pulling the strings.

ironically, Pjanic would be better suited to this system than Arthur or Sarri's from last year. Plus we would still have someone who could occasionally get a free kick on goal.

11. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, would you take back that swap deal if presented?

dean smith repped this.
  12. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Livid. Absolutely f*cking LIVID.

gumbacicc repped this.
  13. dean smith

dean smith Member

Juventus
    England
    Jan 17, 2021
    I would. We would get more goals from set pieces and he gets a lot of assists. Arthur is good but won’t take any risks with balls into an area where we can be dangerous. All his passes are the simple ones

14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just think, Amazon is filming this season… it should be good.

indestructible and cizko repped this.
  15. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is 0 flow. Players have been utter crap.

16. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope we don’t qualify for the CL next year. It would be easier to get rid of Ronaldo then.
    Also it would be easier to get rid of Pirlo and Paratici and Nedved! All must go. It’s time to rebuild.

Ship Ronaldo to PSG for Icardi.
    Ship Morata.
    Ship Dybala off to Barca or some team in the UK.
    Ship Bentancour to some crappy team.
    Ship scezny somewhere not Juve. Anybody can replace a GK.
    Ship Arthur go EPL.
    Ship Rabiot outta here.
    Ship Pirlo to the B team!
    Ship Danilo outta here.
    Ship Sandro who can’t stay healthy.
    Retire Chiellini and Ship Bonucci.
    Cut Ramsey.

Build around Chiesa and other younger talent.
    Sign Allegri. Win serie a next year.

17. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's REALLY shortsighted. That would be millions of dollars lost and you want to rebuild the team? How?

Morata, Szczęsny, Arthur, Danilo should all remain. Danilo has been one of our best players this season. Arthur is one of our better midfielders, yes he had a bad game, no denying that. Morata does more than just score goals and Szczęsny is a top rated goalie who has saved us a few times this season.

Chiellini is retiring and Bonucci should not be a starter for this team.

juveeer and gumbacicc repped this.
  18. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did anyone listen to Allegri's interview yesterday, he was spot on about so much. I would love to have him back at Juve, despite a lot of people here blasting him in his last year.

IcEWoLF and scirea6 repped this.
  19. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    Well, in my opinion, it was time for Allegri to move on. But taking into account current affairs, I would take him back in a heartbeat.

Sarri and Pirlo aren't on Allegri's level, that's for sure.

IcEWoLF and gumbacicc repped this.
  20. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Here, he has received criticism. The media wants to talk about Ronaldo and Pirlo the midfield as primary culprits.

21. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    No one denied he was a good manager, but the idea was to go to a more attractive brand of football. Management have gotten their player personnel decisions all wrong. That doesn't mean it wasn't time for Allegri to go. Although he is a superior manager to both Sarri and Pirlo, I'm not sure how much more he would get out of this lot with these awful midfielders. Take the Ajax fixtures as an example.

juveeer repped this.
  22. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    As much as I hate to say it, I think Sarri would have us in 1st place right now :whistling:

IcEWoLF repped this.
  23. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    LOL no way.

24. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Sarri's teams in the 2nd year show considerable improvement over the first, I highly doubt we'd be in this mess we find ourselves in had he stayed.

I don't like him and it was good he was sent packing, but there's no denying he's infinitely better than Pirlo.

IcEWoLF repped this.
  25. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would rather have winning football than attractive football, so far the attractive hasn't worked out.