Juventus 19/20 Serie A Season Thread for February [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Falc, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How is Agnelli trying to charge premium prices when we play so shit? Lol

Our games are such a drag, we have no pace or ideas in attack. Our corners might as well be a goal kick from our own box, we never even get close to scoring. That stupid 2 men on the corner has done nothing for us and its not tricking any team.

At least we finally scored a free kick and Chiellini is back

phat and IcEWoLF repped this.
  2. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sometimes I wonder if people actually watch the match or just regurgitate the same old moans and groans. Was this the best game ever? No, not at all. We moved the ball much faster and created a few good opportunities against a side defending with 9/10 men inside their final 1/3.

If it wasn't for a wonderful save from their third string goalkeeper, from a corner.

NicktheGreek repped this.
  3. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I agree with part of that regarding the criticisms, but they left me unconvinced for large stretches. We created a lot more today and I believe the play was a lot more fluid without Ronaldo in the mix. That said, a really good side playing at their top level would have put at least four goals past this Brescia side.

4. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back on top of the table.
    Lazio beat Inter 2-1

The Lazio team is really a good team, they got some decent midfielders.

juveeer, phat and NicktheGreek repped this.
  5. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Lazio played with a real desire and treated their fans to a great game. Very entertaining match. I'm enjoying this season immensely

phat repped this.
  6. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I gotta say we could really use Khedira right now for this midfield

ArtemioD repped this.
  7. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Inter goes from 1st to 3rd in one day
    :cool:

phat and Daei_10 repped this.
  8. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its the worst team in the league and they were down 1 man most of the match

9. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ewww

gumbacicc and Tifoso repped this.
  10. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This team needs to dump injury prone guys.

Costa, so much talent but always hampered by injuries.
    Pjaca, pretty much the next Costa, skills but always injured.
    Khedira he has not been healthy in years, while he is an improvement...he can rarely stay healthy.

phat repped this.
  11. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Those 3 are gone in the summer IMO. I'm hopeful Pjanic and Matuidi follow.

12. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    You know things are bad when we are praying for Khedira to come back. Frankly we have a Pjanic who is a decent player but has been overrated for some time. Bentacur could be a player. The rest of the guys aren't good enough for a side of this caliber. Rabiot and Ramsey are plain average. Matuidi is past his best and not good on the ball. Khedira has never been good on the ball and is always hurt.

Where people want to see Bernardeschi as a mezzala you know there is an issue. We aren't going to be able to do much until the summer. There's been some smoke to the Pogba return rumors. I would also add that with City's issues De Bruyne may become available. I don't think we have the wherewithal to pull that off but it may lessen the competition for Pogba.

The absolute perfect scenario would be to bring back Pogba and sign Tonali in the summer.

13. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Raiola keeps talking Pogba every day

ManUtd are idiots for not cashing in on him sooner. He is getting cheaper by the day

IcEWoLF repped this.
  14. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What do you consider realistic exactly?
    Its about how we rearrange our funds. Same way CR and de ligt were fantasy but they happened

Tonali, Veratti, Jorgino, Barella, Sensi, Zaniolo (pre injury) are all better than any of our current mids

15. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    It would take roughly 250-300 million Euros to assemble that midfield.

16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If not more. Hence realistic. Tonali is realistic and would be a great addition. Zaniolo is not realistic any time soon. Roma won't sell him to us now, or in the near future most likely. Barella and Sensi, not any time soon, or at least not for cheap. Jorginho, meh.

17. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bonucci will be suspended for one game following his 5th yellow card of the season against Brescia.

18. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to mention PSG and how they avoid working with us after the Coman fiasco (not to mention that you can't count on Veratti), and Barella stating that he wanted Inter over us. Sensi would have been a good back-up to Pjanic. Orsolini may end up being just as good as Zaniolo and Chiesa even though he has less hype.

Hoping we get Tonali as well, he would be a fantastic addition.

19. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really? That wasnt the question though was it? He asked for names of Italians that can start for us and i named them. Didnt say we can sign them all at once. LOL!

20. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe what was asked was...

So, not a wishlist, but realistic. For now the only names on that list are Jorginho (meh) and Tonali (yes, please). The other names are not realistic at this point, and some are not better than some of what we currently have.

gumbacicc repped this.
  21. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I think it's fair criticism to say that the club ought to have pursued Barella and Sensi this past summer. However, they had a logical reason for not doing so. They thought that in Rabiot and Ramsey they had strengthened the midfield with quality players (more established than Sensi and Barella, respectively) that they got on a free. You can understand why they didn't go after the two players that Inter got for those reasons.

In retrospect those are turning out to be not so great signings by Paratici. However, there is no concerted effort not to sign Italians; nor any evidence that we would be significantly better if we had seven Italians starting.

usnroach repped this.
  22. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our midfield needs to improve, you will not win anything with this mid, we are unable to control the ball, it’s always lob it and hope the attackers get clear to make something happen.
    It’s lob city up in here.

23. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    In all fairness to R&R, Sarri took forever to ingrain them into the side. I am not sure if Sensi, Barella or Tonali would have fared better. Look what he did when Chiellini went down. He went straight to de Ligt and pretty much stuck with him. Demiral showed to be a good replacement & the few times Rugani has been used, he has done well. Sarri does not know how to manage a big squad.

24. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  25. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Hearing that Chiello might even start against SPAL. I hope Sarri isn't rushing him back just because Juventus has been shit this year and he thinks Chiello could alleviate some of that with his presence.