Juve v Cagliari - 3/2/07 [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by dor02, Feb 2, 2008.

1. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    When these two teams played last time, it produced one of the matches of the season. Aside from the last round's results both teams haven't been in impresssive form. After the 3-1 win against Livorno and now with Camo back in the fold, we need to put in more creditable performances so we can play in the CL next year. Having Buffon out doesn't help our cause.

2. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
  3. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
  4. RichieZ16

RichieZ16 New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Denver
    Were not playing terrible but we need to keep the ball more and make Cagliari chase the game. Molinaro is playing a fine match along with Nedved. This game is screaming for one man, CAMORANESI!!!!!!!

5. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
  6. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
  7. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
  8. RichieZ16

RichieZ16 New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Denver
    What a pathetic performance today. Disgrace to the club that we tie Cagliari. The really sad thing is that we SHOULD HAVE LOST THIS MATCH. Ranieri is an idiot and should be a dead man walking. Not one ounce of creativity from the center of the pitch. So so sad what is going on with this club right now. if i was Milan/Fiorentina/Udinese I couldn't wait to play Juve.

9. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I've just arrived at home from a 2nd Bundesliga game and can't believe to see this result! :eek: :rolleyes: What a setback after the good performance from Livorno! :( 1:1 at home against the bottle team ... well, that's definitely a disgrace!

10. magik9113

magik9113 Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Conn.
    i think Sissoko came on and played well. He just needs to get more comfortable with the system

11. RichieZ16

RichieZ16 New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Denver
    How Ranieri can be satified with the result of this match is beyond me. Thats the thing with this guy, he has no business leading a big club. I see Spaletti ripping into Roma today, ranieri should appologize for this disaster. Satisfied? Amazing if you ask me.

12. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Unbelievable. Nedved scored a very good goal but Bianco's goal showed how weak our defence is.

I don't understand why we need two DMs playing at the same time. I didn't see Sissoko play but what was the point of getting another DM? We need a creator, a midfield general. We can't rely on Zanetti making a long pass to launch a counter-attack.

Ranieri should go and watch the matches from the earlier half of the season. We sure knew how to play then. Are we too dependant on Camo for some magic?

13. Progresso

Progresso New Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Sissoko is a beast, he tried a couple ill advised long passes, and he practiced his passing with our defenders, but that is one of the problems with this team, a good DM like Sissoko has no distributing CM to pass the ball to once he wins it.

14. JumpinJackFlash

JumpinJackFlash New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Soviet Britannia
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kazakhstan
    This is just depressing, the way we performed for most of it. Its all well and good complaning about Inter stealing penalties (of course they stole another this week), but when we can't even beat a side at the bottom of the table then it means nothing.

Cagliari have played well against us in both games this season, they did against Milan too, if they turned out with some conviction when they were playing normal teams instead of just the big boys then they'd be safe.

15. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Did he really say he was satisfied with the result? :eek: I can hardly believe that...

Here's Anna's match report.

CLICK

16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel that Ranieri's time will be coming to an end come May.

17. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I am hoping it comes to end sooner than that because if they wait until then it may be too late to salvage a Champions League spot with the way this ship has been sailing lately.

18. RichieZ16

RichieZ16 New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Denver
    Thats the damn truth. Milan are getting better and believe Fiorentina want in the CL bad. We need Zanetti now to stay on the pitch, no injuries or suspensions. If Pavel and Mauro stay healthy, Zanetti will be the balance in the center of the park to get us through the second half. He really has been a fine player so far.

19. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany