Juve - Genoa [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Matteo4Azzurri, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Matteo4Azzurri

Sep 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Game just started, 7 minutes into it.

Lineups:

GENOA: Barasso; Bega, De Rosa, Criscito; Botta, Coppola, Longo, Fabiano; Adailton, Juric, Greco
    Subs: Rubinho, Biasi, Stellini, Lopez, Diogo, Zeytulaev, Forestieri
    Coach: Gasperini

JUVENTUS: Buffon; Birindelli, Kovac, Boumsong, Balzaretti; Camoranesi, Paro, Marchisio, Nedved; Bojinov, Palladino
    Subs: Mirante, Chiellini, Zebina, De Ceglie, Venitucci, Guzman, Maniero
    Coach: Deschamps

2. Matteo4Azzurri

Sep 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Game ends 1-1. It was a dramatic one too with Gigi Buffon saving a penalty and Nedved booked with a red card late in the game :(

GOALS:

71' Nedved

74' Juric

It wasn't a win, but we did get a point. And I think we can look forward to the return of ADP & Trez next week!

3. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It was expected to be one of our toughest matches. Genoa has had a good season so far and we need to pinch the points off them.

4. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Genoa isn't easy to play on their home ground, so I'm contented with the draw (although it's not really clever to throw away a late 1:0 lead)!

5. The Bergamister

The Bergamister New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    Bergamo and Brussels
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This was an absolute crap game. We are being judged a bit to harsch in this game. The ref had it in for us, if a decision was debatable it would go their way. Not a good game at all, we were never let into playing our game. The penalty that Buffon saved was very lightly given and the palladino goal should have counted.

6. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    Palladino played very well in this game. Bojinov was crap.

Paro and Marchisio both had an off night for the most part. Both were too slow on the ball.

That Manuel Coppola for Genoa is a HELL of a midfielder. He's like a fast bulldog but with tons of skill. I can't believe he's not in Serie A. I've seen a number of his games this year and he always is impressing me.

I think he's only 24 and is Romano. Hopefully, a bigger club will give him a chance. This is another fine example of why Serie A has been sucking. This kind of talent should be in Serie A instead of the garbage teams are buying from abroad.