Justin Moose

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by ncguy, Feb 25, 2003.

1. ncguy

ncguy New Member

Jan 28, 2002
    NC
    Will Moose still be at Wake his Junior year?

2. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    No.

He may not even be there for his sophomore year, though I suspect he will.

Kid's too good, and just as importantly, versatile. He can play attacking mid, right mid or withdrawn striker. After not being part of the U20 pool before his strong freshman season, he's played his way not just into the pool but it appears onto the roster for (tentatively) next month's World Youth Championship in (tentatively) the United Arab Emirates.

It helps that the roster has been expanded from 18 to 20 spots but either way Moose apears to have leapfrogged Ned Grabavoy for a backup attacking MF role.

Further, he's been exposed now to all the MLS teams. Any coach that hadn't seen him during the college season has now seen him at the combine and as the U20 team plays friendlies with various MLS teams. He's now a known, and likely, coveted commodity.

I'm sure some MLS coach will talk to the league's P40 honcho (Todd Durbin) and then it's just a matter of time before the league approaches him. And then, it's likely see 'ya Winston Salem.

3. ncguy

ncguy New Member

Jan 28, 2002
    NC
    Agreed. He is the real deal.

4. LuvDaBears

LuvDaBears New Member

Sep 4, 2002
    USA
    Moose will definitely be part of the WC roster. A friend on the team tells me that he's really playing well, and Rongen has been spending lots of time talking with Justin.

5. The Wanderer

The Wanderer New Member

Sep 3, 1999
    Everything I've read so far says that he has impressed. I believe the fed needs to come up with a residency program for players like Moose--there's got to be at least a team full of guys like him out there who could really benefit from some higher level training.

6. LuvDaBears

LuvDaBears New Member

Sep 4, 2002
    USA
    Couldn't agree more with the Wanderer. There are lots of guys out there, just like Moose...good college players who haven't been noticed for one reason or another by nats youth scouts...and guys who really come into their own as players at the age of 18 or 19, or even later.