Justin Che at ADO Den Haag on loan from Brondby

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by EXALIFTIN, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Tigerpunk

Tigerpunk Member+

Jun 17, 2004
    He's a 19 year old centerback. He doesn't need to get a lot of time for them to decide that he's worth buying.

2. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's mostly playing as a right back. But they've had him for a year.

I just don't get the impression Hoffenheim will exercise the option.

3. Tigerpunk

Tigerpunk Member+

Jun 17, 2004
    They just promoted him back to the first team a few weeks ago. He's 19 and at least capable of playing Center back (Richards played right back in the Bayern system). With hoffenheim possibly in a relegation fight I don't think his future value to hoffenheim is based on how much he plays now and you're just going to have to wait until summer like the rest of us to find out whether they want to pull the trigger.

4. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Matarrazzo is anti-American...

BostonRed repped this.
  5. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Out injured:

Justin Che will not be an option for TSG Hoffenheim in the near future. That's what head coach Pellegrino Matarazzo said in the preliminary talk for the home game against Borussia Dortmund (Saturday, 3:30 p.m.).

“Unfortunately, Justin has problems with his knee and his adductors. He will be out for three to four weeks," said the trainer on Thursday.

https://www.ligainsider.de/justin-c...lt-in-naechster-zeit-keine-option-dar-334167/

mace repped this.
  6. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    And, like Leeds, in a relegation battle.

7. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Comeback underway:

Winoman repped this.
  8. bshredder

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a guess, but I’m thinking Hoffenheim isn’t going to exercise its option to buy on his loan. It’s getting late

9. twoolley

twoolley Member+

Jan 3, 2008
    Likely true. It does seem like he’s continued to show enough there to have a real professional future just unclear at what level yet.

10. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hoffenheim announces they aren't exercising their right-to-buy:

11. Ray Shoesmith

Ray Shoesmith Member+

Valencia
    United States
    Nov 14, 2021

I guess those plans of turning heads and getting noticed by Der Mannschaft ist uber.

glutton4Bolts repped this.
  12. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He never should have left w/o more experience at the MLS level.... especially considering that he never played CB for FC Dallas. I have my doubts that he will even get a start at CB for Dallas this season.... especially considering how poor the RB position has been for them this season. I am guessing he comes back and battles for the RB slot.

theboogeyman and RossD repped this.
  13. bshredder

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In early 2022, a bunch of MLS teams decided to accept offers to move players on a 18-month loans with options to buy.

All of these loans have failed across the board: Che, Bassett, Sands, Sealy

Either sell your player or loan them short term to clubs where they fill a need. An 18 month loan isn't a loan that helps the need of teams. It's an extended trial that amounts to offering to send players into bad situations where they are flyers to the clubs they land at. In the end, it amounts to just a long waste of time.

adam tash, Anderson11, wsmaugham and 8 others repped this.
  14. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not sure I would call the Sands loan a failure. But the rest are for sure.

15. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I suspect that team learned there lessons. FC Dallas especially as they also had that debacle with Cannon. Has anyone heard whether they have been paid yet? So either they want your guy or they don't. No more freebies. I do think the players themselves may not clamor as much to just go anywhere in Europe now that there are starting to be more failure stories while players who played in MLS longer are still going and doing OK.

16. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As the great philosophers TLC once said:

[​IMG]

17. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    European interest:

18. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #318 m vann, Jul 10, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2023
    I’m not opposed to Brondby. I wonder if any of those clubs are 2.Bundesliga clubs. I really wouldn’t mind seeing him cut his teeth and have some stability in that league.

Deeneaus repped this.
  19. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think loan to buy is just not a good option.....either sell outright or nothing imo

Pegasus repped this.
  20. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    idk...I feel like the higher up the ladder a player starts, the better chances for long term success....

but at this point, he has not been picked by several clubs that had extended looks....

still very young, but needs playing time.

Maybe better to shine in MLS than start out in europe at a low tier....not really sure....

but he needs to play and play in a place where it will help him develop

21. theboogeyman

theboogeyman Member+

Jun 21, 2010
    I think a season-long line would be okay in the right circumstances, but most of those were 18-month loans. The issue was that the loan clubs were not really financially committed to their development, but the length of the loan meant that a lack of pt could really throw off their development.

before the move, Che was getting regular playing time with Dallas, but it was at right back. Also, while he had good moments, he was not consistent.

He would’ve been much better-served to stay in mls and show what he could do at that level.

22. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a good question and pertinent to others as MLS improves. How much better if at all would he be had he stayed and now would have had a season and a half more starts? Would he have started getting minutes at CB or at least RCB which I see as his best position. Players need to look harder at where there are at in MLS and exactly where the good spots for their career to advance somewhere else are. Don't go to bad spots just because it's over there. Wait for a better spot than where you already are.

23. zlatan_but_a_car

Botswana Meat Commission FC
    United States
    Oct 16, 2017

Seems like Che to Brondby is a done deal

24. twoolley

twoolley Member+

Jan 3, 2008
    Seems like next mauricio cuevas, alex mendez, other kleiban guys. Europe at all costs.

25. zlatan_but_a_car

Botswana Meat Commission FC
    United States
    Oct 16, 2017
    "Justin Brøndbyvester for some footy: Che at Brøndby IF"

Alternatively I'll take the more useful "Justin Che at" if we use the club's full name: Brøndbyernes Idrætsforening

gjackson2207 repped this.