Just Some Ajax News

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by astabooty, Nov 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AjaxGunner

AjaxGunner New Member

Mar 18, 2004
  2. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

they seemed still in a funk from the other day, almost embarassed to be playing at home - i'd expect the title to be wrapped up at zwolle in 2 weeks... maybe i should make the train ride

3. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I'm glad to have it in Zwolle rather than Nijmegen.

We're gonna have a party :D

4. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

are you going?

5. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Yup. Although the chance of actually getting a ticket is 0%.

The first pick is for a group of +- 600 fans. I'm in the second group and I don't expect Zwolle to hand over more than 400 tickets :(

But you never know your luck. It's going to be one hell of a weekend so I'll probably be lying half dead in a Zwolle pub at kickoff time :D

6. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

keep me updated if an extra ticket surfaces somehow

7. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I really wouldn't count on it. Best bet is a ticket in a Zwolle section, which might very well be available.

8. AjaxGunner

AjaxGunner New Member

Mar 18, 2004
    Re: Ajax chief in Chelsea talks over feeder scheme

"Ajax football chief Louis van Gaal was in London over the weekend for talks with Chelsea.

The Sunday Mirror says Van Gaal was at Stamford Bridge to watch the 0-0 draw with Everton and discuss a potential feeder club arrangement between the two clubs.

Ajax are famous for their youth academy and Blues chief Kenyon wants Chelsea to have a similar system.

One of the reasons Kenyon wants to replace Claudio Ranieri as boss is that he does not believe Ranieri pays enough attention to the production of home-grown players."

No! No! No! Don't do it, Ajax! If there's any truth to this, this is exactly what I was worried about. It makes no sense. Don't Chelsea already have this arrangement with PSV? Is Ajax to be raped and pillaged as well? Why not just merge the clubs, then? If they have any ambition, any chance of winning the European Cup again, how would the board allow this to happen? Oh, yeah. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Hopefully, it's just Kenyon asking for advice about the youth set-up, or it's all complete bull-pucky.

9. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Re: Ajax chief in Chelsea talks over feeder scheme

ummm... it was the mirror - no need to panic

10. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I hope not.

11. AjaxGunner

AjaxGunner New Member

Mar 18, 2004
    True, true. About as reliable as the moon coming out in the morning and the sun coming up at night, but I also saw the PSV story first related in one of those rags.

12. forza inter

forza inter Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Middletown, ct
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey, just as a side note, i am real happy to see john o brien offered a contract extention by ajax. good call on their part. if he can get healthy this coming season, they should be looking to lock him. hes such a class player and still relatively young. gotta love the american

forza inter

13. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    from another site:

14. worldfootballgenius

New York Red Bulls
    United States
    Jul 9, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    when does he start playing again?

15. b50c

b50c New Member

Apr 30, 2004
    Holland
    AJAX KAMPIOEN!!! 2-0 NAC Sneijder&IBrahimovic!

16. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Congrats to Bluedaddy, AFCA and all of you other Ajax supporters with your championship victory.

17. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

thanks BG - anybody who wants a photo from the leidesplein celebration can PM me

18. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    AT 5 reports Maxwell has refused an offer from Inter. Meanwhile Ajax and Maxwell are still negotiating an improved contract.

19. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

he doesn't want to go there... now if valencia were to throw a wad of sweaty cash at him, i might worry

20. Galvatron

Galvatron Red Card

May 18, 2004
    He probably won't go to Spain. I'd say Juve, Milan, and especially Roma will be after him too sooner or later.

21. Tombo

Tombo New Member

May 31, 2003
    Krimpen, Holland
    Oyeah, he's my man! :D :D
    And eventually when he goes, I hope he'll go to AS Roma or Juve, as long as it's no AC Milan of Inter...

22. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

AS blowme?!? WHY on earth would you want him to go there - its a crooked club, the coahc is gone, the mass exodus has begun and totti cant be far behind

23. Galvatron

Galvatron Red Card

May 18, 2004
    AS Roma could really use an attacking left-back, but since the club is in such financial dissaray, they probably won't be able to afford him. If they did have the money, then I would see no reason why doesn't wanna go to Roma. Afterall, they were the 2nd best team in Italy last season, and they just hired a coach who did very well last season with young and unexperienced players.
    And I am 99% sure that Totti won't leave Roma, and definitely not in a way like "when the chips are down, I think it's time to go", no, Totti is a real club man and is adored by every Roma fan, he won't turn his back on them now.

Anyway, the gravitational pull of Italy is still gonna effect Maxwell over the coming months, but if Ajax stop being greedy bitches, and offer this man the great contract he deserves, than I expect him to be playing in the Arena again next season.

24. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Ajax needs people like Maxwell and Trabelsi. It's a shame they let them walk that easily. Koeman can sit there and be angry at Trabelsi... in all honesty the man should have gotten a better contract two years ago and an even better one last year. In the end I feel it would help a lot more than silly (and void) clauses in his contract. The average circus monkey gets a better contract than some of Ajax' finest.

25. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    The average circus makes a lot more money, too! =)

If Maxwell does leave this summer, will Jelle stick around?