Just got Gol TV back after long absence

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Ed Ennui, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Ed Ennui

Ed Ennui Member

Lazio
    United States
    Jul 18, 2006
    Yoknapatawpha County
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just moved and now I have access to Gol TV again after not watching it since their spat with Dish Network. In the interim, I started following Ligue 1 via Setanta (and, to a lesser extent, the Russian League).

I enjoy Ligue 1. But now I have access to La Liga and the Bundesliga again and I was wondering about Gol's coverage. To be honest, I didn't really miss watching Spanish football because any game not involving Real or Barca seems almost pointless to watch. (And that has only gotten more pronounced in the last two years I assume.)

But I did regret not being able to regularly watch Barca during one of the best club seasons in history. And I previously enjoyed watching German games on Friday nights, are those still regularly shown on Gol?

2. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you have access to ESPN 360 or Deportes then you are set. ESPN and Goltv now split the Bundesliga and La Liga coverage. That means essentially that Barcelona is usually on one channel one week with Real on the other, usually swapping networks the next week, though not always. Goltv has first pick for each week, so the big games are still going to be on Goltv, at least in English. Goltv is now showing the Friday games live and it seems one other game on the weekend live, with ESPN carrying a couple live bundesliga games.

3. Ed Ennui

Ed Ennui Member

Lazio
    United States
    Jul 18, 2006
    Yoknapatawpha County
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, turns out I haven't watched much Gol. Not a big fan of the Spanish game, and one game in HD on ESPN 2 suits me just fine. And the Bundesliga has been on hiatus forever.

4. blackhornet

blackhornet Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that'd be one game in about a month :rolleyes: