Just got back from Disney World and... no wait, this really is on-topic...

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Val1, Jun 29, 2005.

1. gomez

gomez New Member

Jan 27, 2005
    If cannons are cool, then the Charleston Battery is the dogs bollox. :D

I was at Sea World and Universal Islands of Adventure a couple weekends ago and I noticed the same thing as far as kits are concerned. I didn't see a single Chelsea kit.
    England NT had the most followed by ManUre. I think Arsenal would probably be the next most popular, but I wasn't recording with a pen. Also saw Rangers, Barca, Wolves, Hammers, Sunderland, Milan, Boca Juniors, and US NT.

2. leepyswetr

leepyswetr Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Chicago
    Everyone?

3. deeplennon

deeplennon Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Seattle
    *raises hand*

It's sad actually.. The Cubs sell out every game yet the White Sox are the best team in baseball and can't sell 20,000 tickets.

4. rgrayson

rgrayson New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Im surprised that Real isn't on that list to be honest.

5. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    lol... that is some sample size to work with eh?
    val may need to get out a bit more~ ;)

6. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    I was actually wondering if he rode any rides or just spent all his time wandering the park counting! :D

7. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, we were there for my wife's company's retreat.

No, for my honeymoon (May 2002) I watched the FA Cup final against Chelsea (it's only ray parlour!!!) in an ice cream shop/bar (yes, really) on St. Barths. Oddly enough, for being an island owned by the French, this was the only place on the island to watch the match and it was only me and Jean Paul (the owner) watching.

His English was non-existent.....my French slightly less than mediocre....but between the two of us we understood that we were both rooting for Arsenal and toasted many a Caribe to both Freddie's and Ray's goals.

And yes.....I was there with my wife's blessing. She's a saint regarding my football obsession. Of course it helped that she was sitting on the beach two blocks away drinking rum punch. With that kind of alternative activity....indulging my Arsenal obsession for 2 hours wasn't too tough for her.
    ;)

8. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Oh, I rode lots of rides, but when you spend 6 days, 8 - 10 hours a day in the park, walking around, getting fast-passes, and standing in line, there was plenty of time to notice such things. At least, I do.....

9. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am impressed most of all that you could handle 6 days at Disney World!! I lived in Florida for 8 year, 2 years were 1 hour from the park and I have never been b/c I don't think I could handle the insanity.

10. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    A friend of mine lives in Orlando and probably goes to Disney (or as we call it, Diz-nee because it just looks cooler) about eight to ten times a month. He's so obsessed that he knows every little thing about every ride, as well as all the tricks to get Fast Passes easily. He even tried out to be a host in the "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" game. It's like that episode of "South Park" where Cartman bought his own theme park. I keep picturing my friend going through the Haunted Mansion pointing at everything before it pops out of the wall.

11. topcatcole

topcatcole BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 26, 2003
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like a 'keeper!

12. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

:D :D :D

13. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No doubts.

14. Texas4x4

Texas4x4 New Member

Jul 18, 2004
    I went to Disney world in 2002, during the world cup, and I saw literally hundreds and hundreds of England shirts.

15. DougG_ATL

DougG_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2005
    metro Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at the Nascar Nextel Cup race in Atlanta in March and saw a fellow Gooner wearing an Henry shirt. I flagged him down and talked footy with him for a bit. Amazing that in a sea of race fans, a pair of Arsenal supporters could stand out!

16. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    YES! Another NASCAR fan on the boards! Finally, someone to join Coach and I!

17. (TxT)

(TxT) Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Tampa, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I was there too during WC 2002 and saw literally thousands of jerseys. Most families were either kitted out in all England, all ManU, or a combination of the two with Beckham on the back of practically every jersey. I also saw jerseys from all over the world Japan, Korea, Germany, Brazil, ect. But what sticks out the mostis on the ferry ride the last day I was there there was a man with a blue WC 98 USA jersey. Then the day before when we went to Who Wants to be a Millionaire? and at the end the host told everyone to watch the USA-Poland the next morning.

18. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw a guy running the Peachtree Road Race yesterday in a France kit with Henry on the back. It is indeed a small world!

19. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You want to see soccer jerseys? Try the O'Hare International Terminal (Terminal 5). Literally, you'll see jerseys from every corner of the planet, especially flights from Asia and South America.

You know, even when I went to the US-England match a few weeks back, I couldn't have seen more than 2-3 Chelsea jerseys. Remember, they've really only been "that" successful for a year now. Even though plenty of folks hate them already, they still have a few more years to go before reaching that sort of mass appeal.

20. Epikoinos

Epikoinos Soccer player-coach-manager-journalist

Arsenal, Real Salt Lake, Forward Madison
    United States
    Jan 6, 2004
    Oregon, WI
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At Summerfest -- music/drinking festival -- in Milwaukee yesterday.

Saw two Gunners (one in 0405 home shirt, the other in the JVC yellow).

Unfortunately, also saw Sp*rs and Man U

21. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Went to Disney World for the second leg of the honeymoon. They are selling football-looking shirts with Disney stuff on them. They had what looks like the United home kit from the year before last with NeverlandMobile instead of Vodafone as the sponsor, and the crest has a ship that says "Hook Football Club". :D (no jokes about Capt. Hook being a pirate/buccaneer)

They also had one that looks like Real Madrid's kit, but I didn't study that one so closely...

22. SLO-Gunner

SLO-Gunner New Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Baltimore
    Had no idea you got married Ian, congrats..

23. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    s it just us? I could have sworn somebody else was a fan of left turns for 4 hours...;)

24. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you Ali.

So far, so good. :D

25. SLO-Gunner

SLO-Gunner New Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Baltimore
    Also, I happened to walk by Lucky Bar last weekend...I'll be sure to make it out there this season.