Just curious, but at noon EST, 7 July, has any....

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by USAsoccer, Jul 7, 2005.

1. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin
    I'm not holding my breath waiting for the Imam of Finsbury Park Mosque to condemn these attacks.

2. TruxHalapino

TruxHalapino New Member

Jun 19, 2002
    wtf people..

I would like to see a mass condemnation + actually doing something from Muslim imams all over the worlds, but not holding my breath here.

You do realize that the number of Iraqis (most are muslims, no?) killed in terrorist attacks since "mission accomplished" is far greater than the number of people killed in London yesterday.

3. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    I didn't realize USASoccer and I were each others' sockpuppets. I agree with the general points he's been making in this thread but we're not the same person.

Just because the Catholic Church was wrong in its handling of the sex-abuse crisis doesn't mean that it's OK for Islamic clerics to handle this far more serious crisis in the same exact way.

And how are Muslims themselves ever going to solve the crisis if their own religious leaders won't take the simple fvcking step of condemning these attacks and publicly pointing out exactly how they contradict Islam's teachings??

4. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Muslim leaders were quick to condemn the attacks, but at this point we need more than words. Hopefully we will see some proactive actions.

5. dj43

dj43 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Nor Cal
    Consider this: Terrorist actions, in which they have shown a willingness to kill their own, have been more effective in quieting MUSLIMS than it has in quieting the rest of the world. IOW, the terrorists are saying, "we will kill whoever, whenever, whereever we choose and if you don't board up your house and stay indoors we will kill you. And even if you board up your house, we will find a way to kill you there."

That, IMO, may explain a portion of the reason for the fact that there have been only a small number of condemnations by "the muslim community."

6. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You need to repeat the bolded for your ideologicial kith and kin; the post RIGHT AFTER yours indicates that you have neither been heard nor understood.

7. Conejito

Conejito Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Groningen, Holland
    He has a point though.
    I do think this desire for muslim leaders to speak up shows a lot about the way something like "the muslim world" is manufactured in people's heads.

8. John Galt

John Galt Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Atlanta
    Just want to point how much less funny IntheNet's antics are when he acts like a bigot and a traitor.

9. patrickdavila

patrickdavila Member

Jan 13, 1999
    Easton, PA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What does the so called prophet have to say about Terrorism?
    Qur’an 4:76 “Those who believe fight in the Cause of Allah.”
    Qur’an 3:150 “Soon We shall strike terror into the hearts of the Infidels, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority: their abode will be in the Fire!”
    Qur’an 9:123 “Fight the unbelievers around you, and let them find harshness in you.”
    Ishaq:327 “Allah said, ‘A prophet must slaughter before collecting captives. A slaughtered enemy is driven from the land. Muhammad, you craved the desires of this world, its goods and the ransom captives would bring. But Allah desires killing them to manifest the religion.’”
    Ishaq:395 “Muslims, if you listen to the unbelievers you will retreat from the enemy and become losers. Ask Allah for victory and do not retreat, withdrawing from His religion. ‘We will terrorize those who disbelieve. In that way I will help you against them.’”
    Qur’an 9:88 “The Messenger and those who believe with him, strive hard and fight with their wealth and lives in Allah’s Cause.”
    Tabari IX:69 “Arabs are the most noble people in lineage, the most prominent, and the best in deeds. We were the first to respond to the call of the Prophet. We are Allah’s helpers and the viziers of His Messenger. We fight people until they believe in Allah. He who believes in Allah and His Messenger has protected his life and possessions from us. As for one who disbelieves, we will fight him forever in the Cause of Allah. Killing him is a small matter to us.”
    Qur’an 8:5 “Your Lord ordered you out of your homes to fight for the true cause, even though some Muslims disliked it, and were averse (to fighting).”

10. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Um... there was a time? Within my lifetime...

11. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What are you babbling about? Did you read it?

12. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    I got him, but I would have anyway, so you still need someone to pick yours up...

13. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Lord knows we've seen enough proactive passions... :D

14. vivzig

vivzig New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    The OC
    This is where I began ignoring you. :rolleyes:

15. DynamoKiev_USA

DynamoKiev_USA New Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Silver Spring, MD
    http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1120702712270

16. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    all the republicons whining about how many muslim leaders ranted against this (or how vociferously) are just spectacularly full of crap

even if every single muslim on the planet bought fox"news"channel airtime to do a GOB bluth chicken dance, bang england rally sticks together and tapdance on a terrorist's very own commemorative osama ceramic dish, you wouldn't buy a word they said anyway

17. Attacking Minded

Attacking Minded New Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Um no, not at all. In one of the best examples of a self effacing post, this post you've just made is shown to be

Well, you pick your word.

Anyway click on this link, https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217249

That's how it's done bd. Now lets see if you have the honesty to correct your post.

18. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran's reaction has been as follows:

19. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

i meant it as in "all those republicans who are...", not "all republicans are"

sorry for the confusion

20. Attacking Minded

Attacking Minded New Member

Jun 22, 2002
    I'm disapointed in myself as I thought your response would be different. Have a good day.

21. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Whatever we may think of the Iranian leadership, I think that the particular statement which you quoted was exactly what we need to hear from Muslims. I for one appreciate the way in which the Iranian statement made it clear that their God and their religion condemn the terrorist acts, and that they stand in solidaritly with the rest of humanity against the perpetrators of such acts.

22. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Perhaps IM can also provide some of the Iranian reaction broadcast for internal consumption?

23. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I honestly wish people like you would get to see what is broadcast by Iran. The themes that are emphasized are very different than what you imagine.

Iran hates Al Queda and is the only country in the Middle East which spend serious amount of time trying to discredit them. In Iranian lexicon, Al Queda and the Taleban stands for "savages".

The difference is that Iran has long felt this way about Al Queda and the Taleban. Others are newcommers by comparison.

Another difference is that the US war on terrorism has curiously been a war more focused on Israel's adversaries, such as Iraq, now Iran and Syria, than Al Queda. Go figure, since anyone familiar with the politics of the region knows that Al Queda's base of support did not come from any of these countries.

24. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    That's why I asked. Perhaps you can provide some examples to counter some of the reports I've read?

25. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran