Just curious, but at noon EST, 7 July, has any....

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by USAsoccer, Jul 7, 2005.

1. USAsoccer

USAsoccer Member

Jul 15, 1999
    Tampa, Florida
    Any...leading Islamic Cleric or Ayatollah issued a condemnation of the London bombing attack?

If so, could you please past that link here in this thread for my education and edification? It would useful to know that some condemnation exists... The Pope has spoken out against this...what about his Islamic counterpart?

The point is, I am betting, that the silence from the Middle East and Iran and Pakistan, Egypt, etc...will be deafening.

There is a saying that "silence" is "acquiescence".

The "war on terror" is inappropriately named...what we are really fighting is a war on Islamic fascism, and we need to start saying that.

Beyond that, it is hard to see a difference between organized crime and what goes on inside a lot of mosques...

It is at these mosques that the planning, aiding and comfort is given to the guys who will carry out these homicide attacks.

We have all heard the stories of how Mosques are used to store weapons, ammo and other violations of the norms of international laws governining armed conflict, and yet nothing is ever said by the religious leaders of Islam. If the international community is agreed that religious instituitons are to be entities for peace, someone needs to ask the Islamic Clerics if those rules should apply to them as well?

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. christopher d

christopher d New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Weehawken, NJ
  4. USAsoccer

USAsoccer Member

Jul 15, 1999
    Tampa, Florida

Thanks...Dante

I would expect a group of Iman's in London to speak out...but for whom do they really speak for, especially if we find out that other Iman's in London are actively participating and assisting in the attacks? And anything from Iran? Saudi Arabia? Moqata Al Sadr?

I am not trying to pick a fight here... I am truly asking some sincere questions that we need to ask and talk about honestly with a level head without it downward spiraling into the usual Bigsoccer name calling...

5. DynamoKiev_USA

DynamoKiev_USA New Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Silver Spring, MD
    These are London's Muslim leaders, obviously they are going to make a statement and be against this.

6. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FROM THE ARTICLE:
    "Muslim Association of Britain president Ahmed Sheikh said the attacks would make the Muslim community less safe."

THAT'S NOT CONDEMING THE ATTACKS AT ALL! I didn't read a "I condemn fanatical Muslim terrorist bombings" sentiment in anything quoted in article from Muslim Association of Britain president Ahmed Sheikh, just a selfish concern for his and his fellow Muslim's safety!

Perhaps I am reading too much into this, but shouldn't the Muslim world more strongly denounce such bombings?

7. USAsoccer

USAsoccer Member

Jul 15, 1999
    Tampa, Florida

First two paragraphs form Dante's article...

"Muslim Association of Britain president Ahmed Sheikh said the attacks would make the Muslim community less safe.

He said women in headscarves might be in particular danger and warned all Muslims to be especially vigilant."

Boy...those were harsh words condemning the attack on moral grounds...

Say what, you hear no such things... What, you say it sounds like he is more scared of what the reprecautions would be to him and his ilk...

Yea, then you saw the same thing I did...

Or there was this...

"The person who did this was targeting along with wider British society the Muslim community, ruining the good relationship we have."

"It is scary. A tiny element of the community will make use of this. It is a blow to us, to all of us. It is a moment of sadness and we send our condolences to the families of those who have been killed or injured."

Dr Bari said "We're just shocked and horrified by what has happened. I spoke to the congregation at the mosque and tried to calm their fears and told them they must remain vigilant."

These guys have NOT SAID ONE WORD ABOUT THEIR BROTHER MUSLIMS CONDEMNING THEM... There simply scared about how THEY will be preceived!

FRIGIN PATHETIC... I'm sorry, but lets call a spade a spade for gosh sakes!

At the end of the article, we finally get what should have been said by the Iman's at the top of the article....

The Sikh Federation said: "We totally condemn the terrorist attacks targeting innocent civilians in London. These are the acts of cowards and a challenge to the international world. Those responsible have no respect for human life."

But I note that a Sikh...is not a Muslim...

Dante...

I am afriad that I am still waiting for some Muslim religous leader to truly condemn this attakc. You post, in spite of the BBC spin didn't cut it!

8. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I guess that doesn't count since it didn't appear at the top of the article. Can't please everybody, I guess.

9. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Selective reading comprehension, methinx.

10. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

Has Ahnold boldly denounced the bombings yet? Are we sure austrian-americans are truly with us in the fight against terror?

11. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    How about right in the middle of the friggin' article:

Sir Iqbal Sacranie of the Muslim Council of Britain said he utterly condemned the attacks.

"We are simply appalled and want to express our deepest condolences to the families.

"These terrorists, these evil peoplewant to demoralise us as a nation and divide us.

"All of us must unite in helping the police to hunt these murderers down."

Oh, and ******** you idiots.

12. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read those skipshady...and while I admit they are profound and direct, they are not specifically addressed at the likely fanatical Muslim terrorists. While it may be premature to point the finger directly at the specific identity (person) at the guilty, the Muslim Clerics seem to need to shoulder a burden of world condemnation against the fanatical Muslim terrorists, both in London now (if they are found to be the guilty for the transit bombing) and in Iraq and Afghanistan now.

Again...skipshady... I read the words of condemnation issued by the Sheiks, Clerics, and others of the Muslim community... they need to be specific and on target: against the bombing and against the fanatical Muslim culture which breeds such bombing!

13. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As of noon July 7th EST, has any major Southern Baptist leader condemned the attacks? How about a major Reform Methodist leader?

The Koran expressly forbids the killing of civilians, and the fact that these terrorists have declared "Islam" as their religion is a bastardization of Islam. Or in other terms, Islam : AQ :: Christianity : Branch Dividians.

14. USAsoccer

USAsoccer Member

Jul 15, 1999
    Tampa, Florida
    Sir Iqbal Sacranie ?????????????????????????????????

I guess the fact that the gentleman had been Knighted by the Queen of England just didn't cut if for me as a consesus opinion of the Muslim Iman's of England...

I mean, how many Muslims have been knighted as a "Defender of the Faith"....

Talk about IRONY! :confused: :rolleyes:

15. DynamoKiev_USA

Jul 6, 2003
    Silver Spring, MD
    It's not that simple at all.

16. USAsoccer

USAsoccer Member

Jul 15, 1999
    Tampa, Florida
    The Pope Spoke out first thing this morning..

Do the Southern Baptist have a particular need to condemn this bombing...or the Reform Methodist...

Care to expound why THEY need to speak out?

I know that a lot of Baptist and Methodist have been involved in terrorist bombings over the years...so the nexus was obvious! :rolleyes:

17. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Interesting.

Otherwise, I suppose I will have to let your local mosque know that they're losing a member of their congregation. I'm sure they'll be heartbroken.

18. USAsoccer

USAsoccer Member

Jul 15, 1999
    Tampa, Florida
  19. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Not quite sure what your point is here, but your ability to turn yourself into a self caricature makes you super awesome.

20. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    ******** off.

Go read about the guy.

You asked and now you dismiss because it doesn't fit with your world views that all Muslims are evil.

21. DynamoKiev_USA

Jul 6, 2003
    Silver Spring, MD
    :rolleyes:

22. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow.

USASoccer...I've come to know a bit about you in terms of PM dialogue and such...so, as someone who recognizes that you have made, and continue to make, substantive contributions to our armed forces and our collective saftey, let me say...

This is the worst set of posts you've ever offered, and reflect a seeming hope that you can rest replete in the notion that Muslims all over the world are no damn good.

The Muslims I've just come inside from dealing with, Metropolitan Police Londoners who are heading back down to London after G8 duty, and citizens of Uzbekistan and Kurds from Iran who are part of my wife's int'l womens' group, are shedding tears; I'm glad they don't know how quick you are to condemn them and their spiritual leadership for something they actually DID, but, even if they didn't, wouldn't itself be indicative of a damn thing. There are loads of PCs here who are STILL sitting in front of the common room television in disbelief, with very little to nothing to say.

Really bad thread; but, maybe, indicative of a desire to dehumanize the Other so that your contribution to the proces of killing those seemingly in relationship with the Other becomes easier?

23. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    See above post.

24. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think too many folks listen to right-wing hate talk radio (you know who you are), and take commentary/propaganda as actual news.