Just bought season tickets

Discussion in 'Raging Bull Nation' started by adiamas, Feb 20, 2007.

1. The5thOfficial

The5thOfficial New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Kearny
    You are not being nosey at all. The regular price for seats in the Sideline section (the section RBN sits in, section 115, is a Sideline section) would be $368. The RBN price is $329.00. You can contact ticket sales at 1-877-RBSOCCER and ask for Remy, Dan or Tim - and make sure to mention the RagingBullNation package.

As for being on the fence about buying them, I'm happy to go into why I think its a great idea to get them, and a really good time is now (before Harrison) - but that's probably best left for a private message - so feel free to PM or email me.

The RBN website is
    http://www.ragingbullnation.net/

best,
    aj

2. sublicon

sublicon Member

RBNY, Fulham FC
    United States
    May 28, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Onion, totally feel you on this stuff, man. Lots of respect for you guys who have held it down for so long. However, I think the point of the competition is being confused a little bit. Bare bones, its a season ticket competition, nothing more than that. If your group buys more season tickets than another group, you win.

I think some groups are taking it too personal. Anybody who goes to a match knows who the loudest group is in the stadium. They aren't gauging overall support, they are gauging season ticket sales. Simple as that.

As for me? Well, I'm a one man supporters club and proud of it. Virtually all of my members are season ticket holders . . maybe we should do this competition based on a TICKET to MEMBER ratio. I think I'd have a shot! :)

3. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By your definition, my "one man supporters club" have multiple season tickets per member. ;)

My club now has a name:

The He-Man-Ref-Haters Club.

My wife has started the He's-not-with-me Club right next to mine (but a few seats down for obvious reasons.)

4. sublicon

sublicon Member

RBNY, Fulham FC
    United States
    May 28, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hahahaha :D

5. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah good points, i know exactly what the competition is. But i dont know man, part of the so called prize is that before every game the PA announces the winning group as the "teams largest supporters club".

To me that is such a slap in the face to us. We have been their single biggest group sale over 11 years, we have fought hard to keep supporters coming back to the swamp year after disapointing year, we survived an attempt by Nick to wipe us out, and we have been here for 11 years at the head of the spear in terms of vocal support.

Potentially having to hear "Kearny Army or Raging Bull Nation" announced in our presence in front of everyone at the game as the teams largest supporters group would feel as good to me as a thorny stick up my ass.

The bus trip i dont care about, we have been doing that shit for years, although saving an extra 3 grand off our account to put towards cool stuff for Red Bull Park's Empire End would be nice.

I just wish the FO would have found a better way to go about all this.

6. louis09

louis09 Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Long Island
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi Guys

My name is Louis and I bought season tickets a few months ago...section 130 row 1, I am new to the sport but my Girlfriend is not, she has been to lots of metrostars game in the past and really got me hooked on the sport during the WC 2006, I also had the chance to watch Arsenal this season and loved the experience as well as the game too. We would like to join a supporters group but to be honest both sides make good points. Well 3 sides with RBN, ESC and the Kerany Army. If someone could help me out I would appreicate it. Thanks

7. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Tickets, schmickets

Louis, I must ask you a very important question:
    Is your girlfriend your avatar?
    If yes, you both are definitely welcome in 101!

8. louis09

louis09 Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Long Island
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Tickets, schmickets

Sorry to say that the girl in the avatar is Christine Aguilera. My Girl has Black hair instead of Blond.

9. The5thOfficial

The5thOfficial New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Kearny
    Louis,

Its nice to have a new member of the family, no matter which Supporter's Club you join. I'm sure all will say that our number one goal is to support that team. How each shows that support is what differentiates us. One is not better or worse than the other, just different. You should definitely ask each what they believe of their own groups and hopefully that conversation will go on in their own dedicated threads.

RagingBullNation is an organization that believes in a positive, supportive, game day experience where singles, couples, families, just about everyone can feel comfortable and support the game loud and proud. We sit in Section 115, which is a standing, drumming, and cheering section!

RBN also does a lot of work with non-profit organizations. We will be raising funds for MLS Works during the first half of the season and will support another (club suggested) organization for the second half. We will also be doing a few other promotional ideas throughout the season.

You can find details of what is included in a National's Passport on our web site - http://www.ragingbullnation.net, from the top tool bar under PASSPORTS.

10. louis09

louis09 Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Long Island
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the 411....i will be making a choice before our next home game.
    I guess I would shave to go with the diplomat visa since I really love my seats.

11. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Tickets, schmickets

No offense to your gf, but if you bring this Christine to a game, please drop by 101!

12. louis09

louis09 Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Long Island
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no worries

13. Franklin

Franklin Member

Oct 13, 2000
    Ohhhhhh....NOW I see how it works.

Have fun with your soda cans.

14. nymetrobulls

nymetrobulls New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    nyc
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about you actually list your club before you come in here talkning shit. OK asshole?

15. jevanvoo

jevanvoo Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Manhattan
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    please don't feed the trolls. he's here to get a rise out of people. Do you seriously care what this guy has to say? does it make you feel differently about our team? in the long run, does it matter? I love energy drink f.c., that's enough for me :)

16. Franklin

Franklin Member

Oct 13, 2000
    I know it's convenient to call people trolls that don't agree, because everyone wants their little club and their little clique where everyone gets along. I can assure you I'm not saying or doing anything to get a rise out of people and laugh at them.

I have been playing the game since I was 6, am now 35, and have been coaching for almost 16 years. (I even coached against a certain father of a certain player currently playing for the Red Balls youth team.)

To answer your question, my club is the Cosmos. Then it was the Metros. It will never be the Crap Energy Drink Cans. Never ever.

Forgive me, I was so sickened by this corporate rape that I didn't check what the idiots on this board had to say about it a few years ago. If I'm dragging a carcass that has long since been beaten to death, and am discussing a civil war that has long since ended, I am sorry.

I am fascinated by the people that would support a corporate pimp who would whore this team out to their product. Is it the fact that there is no other live soccer around ? Is it the fact that no one agrees that this is the case, that they didn't really spit in the faces of all Metros fans and rip 10 years of their history from them as they did to 100 years in Salzburg ?

Is no one offended that they would drop New Jersey from their name, despite getting tax dollars to build a stadium 15 additional miles into New Jersey ?

Hell, it's your board, no one has to answer any question, and you can delete this like the others. But I can copy and paste, and I can show other boards how you treat dissenters on PigSucker.cum.

17. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will. Just as much fun as I had with my Metromedia magazines.

18. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it weren't for corporate rape, you wouldn't get laid at all, now would you?

I can't believe you felt so betrayed by the company that is actually pumping money into the team, rather than the company that was letting it rot. If AEG was such a great owner, why did the Metrostars suck ass for so long?

And what I really find funny is that you are whining about changing one market brand with another.

Listen, when you do grow a brain and realize that the magic fairness fairies don't give people quarters for telling the truth, please don't come back here to let us know.

19. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, damn. It's fun to get them spitting about how righteous they are. More entertaining than poking a clown with a sharp stick.

20. Franklin

Franklin Member

Oct 13, 2000
    Thanks Jim B, that's an answer I was looking for. I was just looking for the reasoning.

21. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AEG sold the Earthquakes to Houston. The team had just as many hardcore fans as the Metrostars, but that didn't matter to the owners.

I'm glad that we got rid of them and got to keep our team in the area.

22. nymetrobulls

nymetrobulls New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    nyc
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah like how before RB was in the picture they dropped the NY/NJ part and the official name was just Metrostars?:rolleyes:

23. Franklin

Franklin Member

Oct 13, 2000
    Don't mind that. I mind New Jersey tax dollars being used to fund a team called New York. The Giants and Jets got away with it, and should, as it was part of the deal to bring them to the state. To have the team move to Newark (yeah, yeah, Harrison,) which doesn't consider themselves New York in anyway, is distasteful.

Sure, the MetroStars was MetroMedia, and that was a problem with the MLS to begin with. If it had been Cosmos from the beginning, no one would've ever f'd with the name. Now we get stuck with a team that has a new corporate name every decade. While the Japanese may not mind with their baseball teams, it's highly distasteful in the New York area and it's why no one will ever embrace this team.

Red Bull figured they could pimp this team out to have an entire city cheer for their corporate brand. New Yorkers will cheer for a brand all right, if it's a team. They can smell a rat from a mile away.

And quite frankly, if the choice is between cheering for a soda can, or not having a team...let's just say that's what Fox Soccer Channel is for.

I understand this is distasteful to many here that may care for this club, so I won't force the issue. But I will break my allegiance to New Jersey and join the Boro Boys.

24. wgoood2

wgoood2 New Member

Aug 26, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dont let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya.

25. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What allegiance? All you've done is come here spouting off turds.

It's funny that you prove your ignorance to any historical knowledge of the sport, yet you name drop with the Cosmos.

Back to corporate branding. I suppose that PSV Eindhoven should be ashamed for it's branding and association with an electronics company back in 1913. Oh, did you know they play in Philips Stadium? Double evil, eh?

Perhaps we should shine a light on Bayer Leverkusen and the world famous aspirin. (And no, Bayern Munich is named after Bavaria, not Bayer.)

Even here in the US there has been a history of this sort of corporate interest in naming a sports team. For example, the Pittsburg Steelers and Detroit Pistons are named after the industries famous in those cities. And the Green Bay Packers were named after a meat packing company. Where does the mythical line that Red Bull has crossed exist? For F&^k sake, there was a hockey team named after a Disney Movie!

So don't tell me there is some taboo that was violated, or some ethical rule broken. Your issues are your own.