Just Another Whiny MLS Thread

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by bradley31, Apr 15, 2006.

1. bradley31

bradley31 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Is MLS.net no longer going to broadcast games online? To watch these games do I now have to sign up for DK? What about games that aren't shown on DK like tomorrow's DC United game.? Would I have to sign up for HDNET to watch that? What's the freakin deal?

2. pupusa3000

pupusa3000 Member

May 15, 2001
    East Bay Area
    Re: The best MLS Soccer Thread Ever

On the DirectTV guide for DK channels, it doesn't show the DC game, so if you wanted to see the DC game, you probably need to get HDnet. For the record though, DK is a great deal so if you can get it, do it.

3. Crewbasher

Crewbasher Member

Jul 7, 1999
    The Enemy Base
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Wow... this was most assuredly not the best MLS Soccer Thread Ever. I feel cheated. Give me my ten seconds back, chump.

4. pupusa3000

pupusa3000 Member

May 15, 2001
    East Bay Area

I have a confession...Carlos Ruiz and I tag teamed all of the hooter girls from the Hooters in Guatemala.

NOW it the greatest MLS thread ever.

5. bradley31

bradley31 New Member

Oct 1, 2005

That is the greatest MLS thread, or any other thread, I've ever heard of. However, I have changed the name of this little whinefest.

6. bradley31

bradley31 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Despite having changed the name I am still in despair. My honky-tonk cable provider doesn't seem to carry DK. So, will it be online or not? In turmoil.... I am.

7. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    An MLS story

The MLS allstars were in England to play Man Utd in a real soccer stadium. After the match was over, Freddy Adu and Carlos Ruiz wanted to go an English pub, you know, because the atmosphere is so much better than in American bars. They heard about this one place that had a special promotion going on. Unfortunately, the bar was packed, and they were relegated to a single table in the back. Actually, it was the second place they went to; the first had was too crowded and full of ugly people (too many unsightly lines). Of course, Freddy had no problems ordering a beer. Then all of a sudden, out of the hundreds of people there, one guy actually recognized them and offered to buy them a pitcher of beer. He said, "There are two main types of beer in this place. We call the first one "Real Inter-esting United Football Beer," and the second "Rapid Fire Fusion beer.'" Carlos and Freddy disagreed on which one they would go for, and proceeded to argue for a good ten minutes. They called John O'Brien to help them settle the dispute, but he didn't answer as he had fallen and couldn't get up. The owner of the pub even got on the PA and offered his opinion, but they didn't listen to him because his announcing sucked. So finally the guy who recognized them said, "You know, I could just get you one of each." Freddy replied, "NO!! It must be one of the other!!" So nothing was resolved.