Jusko update....

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by red&black1, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Dan R

Dan R New Member

Jun 1, 1997
    Metro
  2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. rickinva

rickinva Member

Feb 8, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    How long will he be a Metro? Unless I missed it, the release says nothing about length of contract.

hhmmmm

4. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
  5. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
    It is most likely till the end of the season and then the MFO will evaluate him and decide if the they should extend his contract. Keep in mind that he'll be 33yrs old soon and has been bothered by injuries of late. It would of been pretty risky for the Metros to sign him to multi-year contract right off the bat.

6. NYC

NYC New Member

Nov 1, 1999
    You forgot the "n".

7. SlowFox

SlowFox Member

Aug 16, 1999
    Re: Re: Jusko update....

Now, now.

I mean, when you think about it, he's a good fit.

What kind of forwards do we have? Moreno never got up to speed, Gaven and McGee are kids and really are more wingers and BB probably prefers to play Mathis withdrawn (he's not a Gerd Mueller clone). So the hope was that Wolyniec could become a target forward and goal-scoring threat but, despite his hard work, things didn't work out quite that way.

So BB went out and got someone to fill a need. The guy doesn't have to be a star to make the team work. Just an extra goal here and there in various matches could have made things very different. Two more wins and two less losses or something like that would have kept the season interesting.

So the hope is that the addition of Jusko will give us a few early leads which can change the complexion of games tremendously.

=NLK=

8. psycho killer

psycho killer New Member

May 26, 2003
    NJ
    Does he start against the Crew or will BB bring him in off the bench?

9. AtNacional

AtNacional Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Washington DC
    If i was bob i would start him and give him the entire 90 minutes to show what he can do.

10. ChrisE

ChrisE Member

Jul 1, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Re: Re: Re: Jusko update....

You seriously think Magee is a winger?

11. KareemSoda

KareemSoda Member

Jan 23, 2003
    Not in NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    <The native of Gostyn, Poland will join the team on Wednesday, September 17 for training at Zimmer Field in Lawrencville, New Jersey from 6:00 p.m. until 7:30 p.m.>

Why are they practicing in Lawrenceville? This is just south of Princeton. All-the-same, close enough fon me to go and check it out.

12. KareemSoda

KareemSoda Member

Jan 23, 2003
    Not in NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably not too much, since the team can't get the ball to its forwards any other way than long hopeful clearances from the back!

13. KareemSoda

KareemSoda Member

Jan 23, 2003
    Not in NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nevah mind

http://www.metrostars.com/metronews/submissions/2003/september/09152003v1.htm

14. SlowFox

SlowFox Member

Aug 16, 1999
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Jusko update....

Well, I'm open to discussion.:)

I DON'T think Magee's a target forward and, being young, has the speed to work the wings. A player's position can change during the course of his career. Right now I would say that the fact that he is inexperienced PLUS the fact that, IMHO, he will NEVER be just a target means we have a hole up top.

So I perhaps should have said "not a center forward". To borrow old terminology, OL, IL, IR, OR but not CF.

=NLK=

15. JPhurst

JPhurst New Member

Jul 30, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Cool. Does this mean we will also have the return of the
    "Fak da croo!" chants on Saturday?