Jurgan's moving out

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by 21st Century Pele, Mar 28, 2016.

1. 21st Century Pele

Apr 16, 2014
  2. um_chili

um_chili Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    Losanjealous
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    $2.4m for a 3000 square foot home? Sheeeeeeit. SoCal real estate, man.

But yeah, this is interesting. What will really tell us something is when there dude puts in an offer on a new place. I hear property values are favorable in Guam. Go check it out, Juergen! Take a nice househunting trip in the South Pacific. For like a decade.

3. drew_VT_6

drew_VT_6 Member

Feb 22, 2000
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's right by the Ferrari/Maserati dealer. Waterfront 4000sq ft lot right there with a dumpster on it sells for >$10mill.

Let's hope there's more to this than meets the eyes. Maybe the Chinese super league is buying out his contact!

He's moving on to build the next monorail.

4. SeminoleTom

SeminoleTom Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is why I live in the southeast. You might be able to buy a 3,000 square ft house for under 350k in these parts. I don't know how regular people afford these prices. Guess I chose the wrong profession...lol.

Fanatical Monk repped this.
  5. drew_VT_6

drew_VT_6 Member

Feb 22, 2000
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thinking of it like a floating average in college. In the SoCal economy everyone is getting a 99 or 100 or the bonus points on the test so your 94.5 looks less than average.

6. Cannons

Cannons Member+

May 16, 2005
    #6 Cannons, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    Fanatical Monk and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  7. olephill2

olephill2 Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting. According to Zillow, the home was last sold in February 2011, 6 months before Klinsmann was introduced as the US national team manager.

8. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    Sort of scary that his home address is out there. Unfortunate for a public figure.
    And if you look at bltleo's post, he apparently has a meeting in Germany soon

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  9. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jason Kreis joined the staff in January, before that happened.

So this was probably in the works for a while, after the totality of the GC losses, CONCACAF Cup failure, disappointing friendlies surrounding, lackluster first set of qualifying performances, missing the Olympics on the first try, and apathy he has about January Camp (claimed he doesn't see the point).

Our German friend Blteo, whose cred is vouched for, claims he knows he's not well liked by the American public and is inkling he'll probably take a job in Germany a while after tomorrow night's game.

Likely, either they want to retain him but he just doesn't feel appreciated (got an ego) and engaged anymore (quit die Mannschaft after 2 years), or they figured out the best solution for both parties to end this relationship would be for him to find another suitor to save face, and they can save on the alimony then, otherwise the split would be hard to justify. So Gulati publicly gives him a vote of confidence.

Where there's smoke there's fire.

olephill2, Pl@ymaker, kickin365 and 2 others repped this.
  10. 21st Century Pele

Apr 16, 2014
    Home address, or at least property owner is a matter of public record.

comoesa repped this.
  11. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Member+

Jun 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I looked, but I did not see any evidence proving it.

#KlinsiRaus

Fanatical Monk repped this.
  12. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not well liked? I like Klinsmann. He is a positive, engaging figure. But this is a results oriented business. You fall too far down and you are out. That's just the way it is. Guatemala was the last straw.

Deep Wilcox, Wessoman, orcrist and 6 others repped this.
  13. kickin365

kickin365 Member+

Mar 4, 2002
    Yes but most celebs would bury the ownership thru an LLC so they can't be found.

14. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    That also may be a refinance. My house is listed as sold the last time I refinanced.

Deep Wilcox, swedust and olephill2 repped this.
  15. asdf2

asdf2 Member+

Oct 11, 2004
    San Francisco
    And when you sell it in 10 years it's worth $250k whwereas the one in Calif or NYC is up 50% and you've made $1.5mm.

16. BirdsonFire

BirdsonFire Member

May 9, 2008
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Yeah, I saw this before the qualifier somewhere. Wish I remembered where

17. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    Maaaaaaaaaaybe. I won't be convinced he's gone until I see the press conference. And all this begs the question why Kreis isn't managing the team right now, if Klinsmann really has one foot out the door (though he's certainly been managing like it). I mean, couldn't he be "unavailable" tomorrow because of some excuse or another?

Fanatical Monk and BirdsonFire repped this.
  18. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Insecurity about a new coach popping his cherry in qualifiers or even January camp right before. Similar irrationally conservative mindset as Jurgen has with playing heavily vets in friendlies leading up to official competitions and then cycling back to the old guys like Beckerman and Jones or familiar faces like Orozco and Alvarado when it matters, even though we've already seen they are sub-standard.

After this set of qualifiers, Kreis, or whoever the new coach would be, would have a few friendlies, and then a whole secondary tourney in Centenario, before he has to be asked to clinch advancement to the next round of WC qualifying in September.

21st Century Pele and olephill2 repped this.
  19. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    He'd be better liked by the American soccer public if he didn't talk down about it. It's a shame if he really feels that way. I ran into him at the market before he was hired, he was super nice. And, many of the local soccer guys I know have played pickup with him and say he's a real nice guy.

20. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    Yep. He has lived in Newport a lonnnnnnnnnng time. Well before 2011. Fwiw.

21. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana

Somebody had to do it...

tab5g repped this.
  22. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His house was up for sale way before his debacle with the Guatemala game.

23. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    Ditto. Forgot exactly when I'd first heard of this, but I'm pretty sure it was a couple of weeks ago.

24. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007

lets be clear.

Jones has been darn good outside of the last 40 minutes of the 120-minute mexico match where he had zero percent of energy left after coming of an injury. And even within that game he beat 2 mexico players at once on the dribble about 3,4, or 5 times?

That man should be our CAPTAIN. Pure will and heart.

He was the leader, commando, and backbone down in Brazil.

25. Monarch Bay Beachbum

Apr 5, 2004
    The OC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are correct. He did purchase this home in 2011 as JLK Living Trust from the Eaton Family who bought it in 2006.
    The home is completely staged so no one is living there now. It may have only been an investment property for him. I know the listing agent I will try to get more info from her tomorrow.