Juniors at home and abroad (Non-FESA) - 2010 Edition

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by el_cuscatleco, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Use this thread to discuss junior players that are contracted abroad who are not affiliated with FESA. This thread can also be used to give updates on random junior teams that take part in international tournaments. Again, obviously they must have no affiliation to FESA.

2. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Juniors Abroad (Non-FESA) - 2010 Edition

El equipo U 16 de las escuelas de fútbol San Jerónimo Nejapa viajaran a Costa Rica para participar en un torneo juvenil donde estarán equipos como el FESA de El Salvador y los equipos y los equipos ticos Brujas y Saprissa.......

Video link: Escuela de fútbol de Nejapa viajara a Costa Rica

3. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Re: FESA On The Grind

Con una goleada de 8 a 0 al Nejapa (El Salvador), el representativo de FESA de la categoría ’93 inició su participación en la II Copa Brujas, la cual se realiza en Costa Rica del 18 al 22 de enero.......

Link: Aplastante Victoria en Copa Brujas

4. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Re: FESA On The Grind

Okay, group stage is now over. Nejapa lost all their games, conceding almost six goals per game, while only managing to score one. They were the worst team out of the eight that participated.

5. GonzaMagico

GonzaMagico Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Re: Salvadorans Abroad - 2010 Edition

I want to a rival High School in LA but here is a link about another High School player.

lunes 1 de febrero de 2010

Diego Calix, otro salvadoreño goleador

[​IMG]
    Los Provocadores siguen buscando talento salvadoreño en el exterior. Después de Dustin Corea encontramos otra historia muy interesante: la de Diego Calix, de 18 años, quien juega para el Oaks Christian School, California, Estados Unidos. Eso sí, nació en El Salvador.

6. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

His name sounds like the name of a world class talent, seriously. Is he? Well that's a different story. Interesting, I'm glad to see are setting our eyes on the prize. FESA a prueba? I think so!

7. L.A.Firpo84

L.A.Firpo84 Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Jaja...you know what you gotta do Kevin...shoot Fesa an Email ;-)

8. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

Has the kid done anything of any significance apart from scoring a decent amount of goals in a high school league? Honestly, i don't see anything about him that warrents attention. I mean for anyone to be taken into consideration for national team selection (which is what all this is about) they must at a minimum be playing at a decent level, this kid isn't. Does this mean he couldn't become a good player in the future who plays in a good league? No. But right now, there is nothing about him that shows he's anything more that a decent high school player (like thousands of others who have never made it pro, and others that might never make it). Give it a few more years and then lets see where he's at. Right now IMO, there really isn't anything there that makes him a standout and worth mentioning.

9. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

On a lighter note, here is the original article (where 'los provocadores' got their info) that was done on Calix.

10. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Agreed. They didn't say anything but him being a goal scorer in his league. That's not that hard and definitely shouldn't get you a call up. I mean if the kid is beastly and goes to FESA and get's a shot then does well, I'll feel a little stupid but still.

11. GonzaMagico

GonzaMagico Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Re: Tracking FESA - 2010 Edition

Isn't that the whole purpose of FESA, to find young talent, develop young talent, and if good enough ship them to other bigger and better institutions.

Who said anything about him being ready for the National Team?! I think if he is good enough to get college interest (which I'm not sure if that is the case), don't you think he might be decent enough to play for U-18?

Cusca....I appreciate all you do on the blogs, but you should come off that high horse of your's.

12. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

After what has happend with Corea that is what the most people now expect; that we find players abroad that are good enough to play in a national team at some level. Put this kid next to Corea and there is no comparision (in terms of achievements), again i'm not saying he couldn't become a quality player in the future but right now he has done nothing to warrent any attention. I mean you know how many kids dominate at high school level but are never able to go pro? Alert FESA to who this kid is and what he has done and i guarentee you that although they'll no doubt keep an eye on him (which is what i'm saying we should do) they wouldn't make a big deal out of it.

Once more, i'm not saying the kid is trash and that he'll never amount to anything, all i'm saying is that at this point in time he hasn't done anything worth noting. Does he have potential? Maybe. Has he proven to be anything more than just another decent high school player? No. Should we track him? Definitely.

Again, let's give him a couple more years and see where he's at. If he's really that good then he'll be doing something worth noting. Until then let's try not to make a big deal about this.

At a minimum, if he can get picked up by an NCAA Division 1 college then yes, i think at that point in time he would warrent further attetion. That said, just cause he'd be playing there doesn't mean he's good enough to be in the national team (ala the rest of our college players), he'd have to be a standout and then maybe he'd be in with a chance.

High horse? :D

I'm just stating my opinion, if you don't like it, fine; if you wish to debate it then go ahead.

On the other hand if you're sour because of the PM i sent you then..............:rolleyes:

13. LASalvie

LASalvie Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

It's true, we shouldn't get carried away. But it's good to know people are on the lookout now for young talent abroad. Hey also FYI for those that don't live in the LA area, Oaks Christian is one of the top private schools in athletics in the state of California. They get heavily recruited, so if he keeps it up, he'll get good offers throughout the country.

14. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

Agreed. But lets just not hope it's the start of people looking for and posting info on players just because they live outside El Salvador and score a few goals here and there. I mean we all hope that we'll find some top players but chances are the the majority won't even go pro so lets not try and get to hyped up about it.

But that's their american football program isn't it? Soccer is offered, american football is what they are known for. That said, i wonder if Calix will get recruited into college that way. I mean according to this site he also plays as a kicker for their football team so it's possible. :D

15. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Rofl.. :D

16. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

fyp ;)

17. LASalvie

LASalvie Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

Or what if he ends up playing Rugby in Australia!:D

18. acuseone

acuseone Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan

just out of curiosity are you from the los angeles are because...the high school he goes too is in a pretty competetive league

19. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

Paul Vargas, de 15 años, entrena con las inferiores del Stuttgart. Es seleccionado Sub 15.......

Link: Un salvadoreño entre los germanos

20. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn2giCfEPNI"]Jóvenes de CASSAL visitan El Salvador[/ame]

Conocer la tierra que vio nacer a sus padres y jugar en suelo cuscatleco era el sueño de 49 niños y jóvenes miembros del Comité Angelino de Selecciones Salvadoreñas (CASSAL).......

Link: El futuro de El Salvador

La Academia de fútbol CASSAL, formada en su mayoría por jóvenes de padres salvadoreños que han nacido en los Estados Unidos, viajo a nuestro país para visitar a los deportistas integrales de FESA.......

Link: Visita de Fogueo y Amistad

21. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Oh man! Cassal! I was going to play for them when I was 7 in LA but I had to move to Kansas City. I trained for like a month with them and I was the youngest by like 2 years. They had some talented kids in the team.

IF I'm not mistaken this is the same Cassal in LA that had a couple different teams of all Salvadoran players (obviously) ...I think the Cassal I was going to play in was the youngest.

22. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

La municipalidad de Soyapango lanzó ayer una convocatoria abierta a los jóvenes futbolista de la ciudad industrial que quieran buscar un cupo en la selección infanto-juvenil que viajará a Suecia para participar en la Gothia Cup, a celebrarse del 18 al 24 de julio........

Link: Se buscan talentos para la Gothia Cup

23. #1rmadrid

#1rmadrid New Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Virgina
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  24. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  25. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Re: Salvadorans Abroad - 2010 Edition (Part II)

1. I hate to say i told you so but.......

Fact is you shouldn't believe everything you read. Like i've said before, i always doubted that he would make it to the seniors, and the fact that he had played in the reserves means little considering the reserves are formed by junior players.

2. The kid would have been better off just going home and finding himself a club there. To be moving from one junior club to another at his age is pretty sad to be honest. He should have taken a page out of Flores' book and just gone back to El Salvador.