Jung Tae Sae

Discussion in 'Korea' started by WuTang2002, Feb 21, 2008.

1. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    I'm absolutely impressed with this kid. He's the type of striker we need. He's strong, fast, can dribble well, and can FINISH. He completely slaughtered our defense. I first saw him on Asian Football Show on Fox a few months ago when it was showing Chunnam vs Kawasaki but I never really followed up on him afterwards. But here's some info I found:

He's a South Korean national. Both his parents are South Koreans living in Japan as permanent residents of Japan (so called Jainichi in Japan) and because there wasn't any S.Korean school in the area, they sent him to N.Korean school. Having studied 16 years in N.Korean schools, he was naturally assimilated and found himself unnatural to play for any national team other than N.Korea.

There was a documentary from KBS called "Osaka Eleven: A story of Chosun High School Soccer Team" which was aired on 2/10/2007. I recommend you watch that show because after watching it, you'll completely understand Jung's decision to play for N.Korea.

As a soccer fan, I feel like I'm a victim of our not so proud period in our history which robbed him away from a chance to see him playing alongside Park JS and Lee CS wearing red and blue.

2. bijans-redded

bijans-redded Red Card

Jan 18, 2007
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  3. hihi

hihi Red Card

Mar 17, 2006
    Internet
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Where can I watch the documentary?

Anyways, from the looks of what's reported on the media, the guy probably wouldn't have played for South Korea even if the KFA pursuaded him. He grew up brain-washed and thereby determined to represent North Korea.

4. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    SLAUGHTERED our defense? Hardly.

Definitely a talented footballer, but the boy is way overrated.

5. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    End of effing thread.

Next.

6. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    North Korea has actively tried to help Korean residents in Japan, while, SK, under Park, did nothing. But still, that is starting to be old history, so Jung's decision is a bit surprising.

7. BOAY

BOAY New Member

May 19, 2006
  8. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  9. brave_reds-redded

Jul 2, 2007
    What a big loss.
    ******** KFA

10. Schwalker

Schwalker New Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Gelsenkirchen/Finja
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  11. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia

lol, that makes you sound like you are 40 or 50 something.

Aren't you actually younger than him? ;)

12. European16

European16 New Member

May 30, 2004
    Koln
    no idea who he is, but if hes as good as people say, i hope he comes to schalke

13. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    He's not

14. Golazo!!

Golazo!! Red Card

Jul 1, 2007
    obviously. hes prolly fat with a beer belly and likes to reminiscence how good he was at sports.

15. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I knew he was a angry old fkcing fart.

16. nxttc

nxttc Member+

Jul 14, 2004
    i just can't wrap my head around why his parents would let him go to a chongryun school. no mindan school in the area? what persuaded them to send him to a nk school and have him grow up in the chongryun system?

17. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Id say his parents are commies.

18. nxttc

nxttc Member+

Jul 14, 2004
    though sk citizens?

19. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    total, semi or psuedo sympathizers living in Nippon.

how else could you do that so brashly without caring what others would think. pretty serious stuff.

20. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Whoa?

What is his parents' nationality, anyway?

Anyway, choosing 조총련 or 민단 seems quite obvious to people in SK, but to those living in Japan it is (or used to be) quite different a matter altogether - especially with the South having neglected them for decades while the North kept supporting them in various ways.

21. bobjones2

bobjones2 Member

Jun 5, 2006
    You know Elliad is absolutely right. It's really easy to call zainichi's commies if you lived in Korea or United States all your life, but if you were born in Japan it's an entirely different story.

A lot of of Zainichi's are from Jejudo. You guys ever heard of Jeju massacre? A lot of Zainichi saw what South Korean military dictators were doing back in the 50's and 60's. At that time, DPRK was doing better at least economically. On top of that Park Chung Hee pretty much regarded zainichi to be DPRK spies. Kim Il Sung, whether you hate him or not, did send a lot of financial resources to Korean Japanese to build Korean schools and even a Korean university. They even built banks. Mindan didn't do sh17 until waaaay later. In fact, mindanish people advocated assimilating to Japanese society while Soren (Chochongryun) stood for asserting Korean identity---you know Soren girl students where hanbok to school. So, how can you say that Zainichis are simply commies? You say that only because you don't know anything.

mindan is a much smaller organization and has always been much smaller. If you put yourself in Jung Tae Sae's parent's position, what would you do? You can send him to Soren school and get a dose of communism but also teach korean identity. Or you send him to regular Japanese school, and he is on his way in losing his Korean identity and just becoming regular Japanese.

anyway, my point is it's not fair to accuse his parent's for being commies. It's like accusing anyone who lived in South Korea back in the 60's for actively supporting military dictatorship. It's like accusing every single person of Japanese ancestry for the Nanjing Massacre. It's ridiculous.

22. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    I like to see a lot of Zainichi's retaining their Korean identity, and its heart-warming and all, but they're pretty well off, for christ sakes. Who gives a fcuk? Bring back the Koreans in China and Kazakhstan. For christ sakes, they deserve better, especially from South Korea. I hear everyone b!tchin and moaning about the low birth-rate and all but I see a lot of Koreans living abroad for no apparent reason.

23. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    Svasco, I agree with you. Not only in China and Kazhakstan but also the ones in Russia, Uzbekistan, Krygistan, and Turkmenistan.

nxttc, forgive me for ignorance but are you Jaeil dongpo?

24. bobjones2

bobjones2 Member

Jun 5, 2006
    you know, without ever having seen a picture of you, it's kinda easy to see who was born after Jun Doo Hwan's time. It's also kinda easy to see who the gyopos and who the yoohakpas are...

"zainichis are well off". You know, this is true nowadays, but it wasn't too long ago (long ago as in when the current korean 386 generation were growing up) when zainichis had it bad. Japan then is not the Japan now. The thing is, Korean chauvinist kids don't make that kind of distinction and just bash Japan out of 'principle', but don't really see the change.

Forget Yonsama phenomena. When my zainichi nuna was growing up in Japan, and yes, she is apparent a lot older than most posters here, she often heard snide remarks about Koreans from her Japanese teachers. I don't want you to think that every Japanese were bigots--a lot of Japanese teachers are actually far far far more progressive than Korean teachers. But that's the world she lived in. It's not uncommon to hear some stories like, "I thought I was 100% Japanese, but on my grandmother's deathbed she told me she was Korean." etc etc.

I also just want to point out to you that Korean people are some of the worst racist m&*therf@ckers I have ever encountered. You should see what a lot of Korean people think about "Yunbyun" koreans that work in "low" jobs in New York City. Christ, in central asia, those Koreans are "somebody". In Korea, they'd be less than nobodies. A lot of Koreans just don't understand what having dual identity means. In fact, even in the year 2008, I bet a lot of Koreans still think that there are no gay people in Korea dispite the fact that bbo bbo bbo ajussi came out of the closet ages ago.

anyway, i blew a gasket here, because i just can't stand seeing Korean on Korean discrimination.