June Pre-Copa Friendlies (Panama/Peru.)

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by HomietheClown, May 5, 2019.

1. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I cringe at Cuadrado as an 8. I can see him constantly losing possession right in the middle of the field doing one of his failed crossovers. As CQ mentioned, no need to overthink it and EVERYONE has to put in a full shift.

2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No, but actually what is happening with cuadrado is similar of what happen to wings and rbs when they are old........they start to becoming central midfielders........thanks to their sacrfice and the good technique skills............there he was nmore focusing in passing than in driblling all..........for rexample the assitance of muriels goal........and some other passes.

Azucarero and villus repped this.
  3. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    yes, I see it with A Valencia in Ecuador and I don't doubt the positives of Cuadrado on the offensive side of the ball. I'm just concerned with how he would manage defensively. I know he started his younger career as a RB but against some offense minded teams like Argentina I feel it's a gamble.

4. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Also in juve have played as defense..........actually cardona was much more confortable with him than with lerma........why?? lerma wasnt helping to pass the ball to carodna.........so cardona had to go more back than in first time to have the ball...........

Cuadrado is versatile..........

Azucarero repped this.
  5. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Right but let's put things in perspective in understanding this was a much weaker opponent than we'll face game 1 in Copa America. I know it was under a different regime but Cuadrado has had so many games in the past where he was a weak link. Maybe this role is the role that changes everything but I need to see more of it to see if it's working. vs Peru would be a good time to test again.

Furnaccio repped this.
  6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Something that could help Cuadrado is that Queiroz focuses on everyone playing defense as a team unit and everyone attacking as a team unit. That sort of discipline takes time and repetition to build for tactical cohesion and could help Cuadrado and everyone else who may have deficiencies as the days go by.
    If not then they won't be starting for too long.

pepinointer repped this.
  7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah and putting thing in perspectives also:........lerma against the same opoonent played worse than cuadrado.......as have been the rule when he has the shirt of the national team.

Uribes level in america this season have been terirble specially as 8.........he is used more as offensive midfielder without a lot of succes.

So if you put things in perspective we are seacrhing for guys in that position and cuadrado.........based in his last matches in his team could be think as an option.....cuadrado maybe wasnt before the best link..........but it was better than the other 80% of the players of the nt.

8. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Lerma played as an 8 in an attacking game where he was asked to play more offensive, that for sure is not his game so its not a surprise he didn't look great. In games where we have lots of possession and need people comfortable on the ball and making runs out of midfield that's not a situation to use him unless we use him as a 6. Also Cuadrado makes a lot better partner in that situation because he'll make runs off the ball and he will attack a lot of defenders which opens up lots of space for Cardona to exploit.

HomietheClown repped this.
  9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We have yet to play a Falcao-Duvan at the same time

Will that be a surprise against Argentina and if so why not just play them both and build up their chemistry?

pepinointer repped this.
  10. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Falcao shouldnt be a starter anymore.
    shouldnt been a starter during the WC either

villus repped this.
  11. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Who should replace him? I can only think of Duvan, but first he needs to adapt to the NT.

I hope Duvan won't become Jackson 2.0; good club form bad NT form. The NT is difficult for some players as they don't have much time to adapt.

Froboy69 and pepinointer repped this.
  12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    este man tira muchas frases sueltas y ni sustenta.

En el mundial ningun delantero venia con mejor ritmo que falcao, los servicios que tuvo no fueron buenos, aun asi participo en un par de goles-..igualmente no habia delantero en mejor forma ni cerca...ahora se puede decir que duvan viene para ser titular de copa......pero solo el y todavia no ah metido su primer gol con la seleccion ni en amistosos.........

HomietheClown and Bomb8 repped this.
  13. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Duvan should of gone to the WC. I can think of the England game were we needed a strong powerful player upfront to clash with the english defense. Falcao couldnt really do that. he lacked physical strenght and speed. layed around on the ground half the game trying to get fouls. rather pathetic at times.

Duvan should be our forward without a doubt. Powerful, fast and a top goal scorer in a top league. Unfortunately Falcao will continue to be our #1 forward at the expense of the team.

14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Colombian fans and journalists should learn that the only way to being useful or accurate isnt being tall, strong and fast as lara tought you.......oda a los carrolocos desde tiempos inmemomorables...

Duvan is great inst the case that he is carroloco, but his characteristics arent the only skills useful....in 2018 he didnt have a good season since january

15. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    was Duvan injured prior to the World Cup?
    not that it mattered b/c Pekerman was already dealing with several other injuries:

1. i think Cristian Zapata was hurt
    2. James got hurt sometime prior to the opening match
    3. Oscar Murillo came into the World Cup with little match fitness

16. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    right. i totally agree.
    colombian fans also need to get over the fact that Falcaos prime passed long long ago and in the wc it showed

17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not being in his prime is enough to have better season than the other forwards that compete for spot....that is just show in numbers...only duvan at his 27 after 7 season in europe could surpassed........

Falcao keep bulding uip plas and link very well with midifielders.........in the mastches of this year he showed much more confortable than duvan........

The wc dindt show nothing agaisnt falcao.........only showed that in the only match that colombia was able to create optiosn that was poland he was great.......in the other 3 he didnt receive services and was able to create a free kick with his talent

18. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Does anyone know what time the match will start tomorrow?

19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The Peru match is Sunday at 5PM EST,

Froboy69 repped this.
  20. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    In no universe did Duvan deserve to start over Falcao at the world cup.

This Copa America? Yes. But last season Duvan was not as good

Azucarero, pepinointer and HomietheClown repped this.
  21. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    And I think people are looking at it too much like a FIFA video game.
    Falcao is the unanimous team captain and heart and soul of the locker room.
    Duvan still is trying to figure out his role on the field and off the field with this team when it comes to chemistry and just ordinary camaraderie.

22. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Cool 2PM for me. Now what to have for lunch that match...

23. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    its gonna be hard for him to learn that role if hes on the bench most of the time

villus repped this.
  24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    And each manager had their reasons for having him on the bench.
    But in the matches he has started it is not like he played like Ronaldo.
    Even in this second half appearance against Panama I don't think people were impressed by him.
    But I personally would like to see him start next to Falcao myself.

J-Mezzy and pepinointer repped this.
  25. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Queiroz :

1. Duvan played the same time that Falcao against Panama. one time each one.

2. Duvan Started agasint corea and falcao was bench. he entered in second half

3. Falcao Started agaisnt Japan and Duvan was Bench. He entered in secon half