Pre-match: June Friendly Matches vs Indonesia and China - P/I/P Match Thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by TFC Ajax, Jun 2, 2013.

1. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    June 7, 2013 - Indonesia vs Netherlands
    June 11, 2013 - People's Republic of China vs Netherlands

I see no reason to have two separate threads for these two matches.

Discuss:

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    These should be a real snooze fest. I can't say that I'm interested in watching either of them.;)

3. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Same here - it will be interesting to see if there's any Dutch players in the Indonesian side but I couldn't care less about the football. I will be watching jong oranje's tournament though.

4. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I would have to agree with the above. I was trying to make a best/most interesting XI for this game, until I realized that it's a very uninteresting squad.
    Just look at the midfield. Sneijder is the only worthy player there. After him there's Toornstra, Duarte, Siem de Jong, and a three times turncoat. zzzzZZZZzzzzz.
    Up front we have our normal top three and it might get a little interesting if Wolfswinkel starts.
    And at the back we have the fascinating CB options of Pieters, Heitinga, and Vlaar. I can't wait to see them cowering with fear like at the Euro.

If I were to hazard a guess at the likely XI for at least the first game, I think it will look like this:
    [​IMG]

5. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    There was a nice little story about Heitinga's Indonesian roots in my paper today. His grandad was adopted by a Dutch couple and moved to the NL in the early 1950s. It's the first time Heitinga's visiting Indonesia and he's very excited about it. Apparently he has a lot of fans over there.

6. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I don't think many Indonesians know that Heitinga has a root there. He looked 'Westerner/European' enough. If I were to guess, Giovanni van Bronckhorst would be the most recognizable icon for his physical resemblance to the native folks.

7. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    RVP is also of Indonesian descent.

It's a shame that Irfan Bachdim wasn't called up for Indonesia. Never imagined from his time at Ajax that he would turn out this big in Asia. He has close to 4 million followers on Twitter, more than any other Dutch footballer.

8. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004

Heitinga even sends tweets out in Bahasa...

9. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    RvP didn't play well in the first half.

10. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The Dutch is attacking in number but the GK made 4 close range save. Also, Indonesia defending with 8 players.

11. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  12. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011

What a Legend

13. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    [​IMG]

Schaken:"God bless you Siem, I've put in so many crosses and you were the only one to head them in against inferior defenders"

Btw. How bad was Pieters in that central role? I think BMI has nothing to fear for his place in the NT, at least not from Erik.

14. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Can we just end this game now before half our team gets injured? One rightful red card already and the penalty should have been a red as well

15. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Damn I missed this photo. There is real love going on there on the pitch. :D

16. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Sneijder gonne Sneijder.

17. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Bit harsh on Duarte not making any minutes yet?

18. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think China has some real fighting spirit in their team and even some nice combination play. It was all killed off by the red card, otherwise this game would have been pretty tough to win. They were not going to let Netherlands play with them.

19. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Pieters is a joke by the way. Understandable, but still. He was chosen over Willems. Nelom is just as bad. No way Willems would not have done a better job than those 2.

20. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Build up first half was bad. Especially Vlaar with wrong vertical balls into the final third. BMI can do that better than him.

21. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Guzman was also sloppy in this match. Good that we have an overload of fine midfielders coming. The second he becomes complacent Clasie will be there to step in, or van Ginkel if van Gaal likes Pot's idea to play him DM or Nigel when back in business. Maybe Anita if a miricle happens at Newcastle

Toornstra was mediocre at best and don;t expect to see back in Orange.

22. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I have said this in the past and is one of my personal weird theories, but I think Lens could have been one of the best right backs in Dutch history. He must be up there with the people in the world having the best foot eye coordination. He is so precise and fast towards balls changing course or rolling different than expected. The reason why Ballotelli rammed the ball inot the stance during the Netherlands vs Italy game was because of an off world Lens interception. I remember Guardiola saying that Messi would also be the best left back in the world had he played that position and the reasoning behind that remark actually also applies to Lens in this regard. Lens is also fast and strong. I simply don't see any player get passed Lens if he is willing to put in the effort.

23. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Kuyt is just poor man.

24. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Really harsh for Duarte to not get any minutes. I think he is at least as good as Toornstra if not better. Maybe he was bad in training.

25. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    RvP could not finish today in open play as usual, but worked pretty hard. Same goes for Robben.