June 2 Watch Parties (Stout Bar in NYC w/ ESC, and NJ Viewing)

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Sweeper, May 29, 2007.

1. Sweeper

Sweeper New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Good morning all.

Just wanted to let you know, the 10 West Sports Bar in East Hanover/Whippany on Route 10 Westbound will be hosting a soccer night on June 2. There will be drink specials and food specials.

Come out and watch the US take on China in a Gold Cup friendly at 8:00 PM; at the same time, RBNY will be playing KC. Miami Mike, the owner of the Sports Bar, has agreed to reserve us a viewing room that can hold 60-70 people and has a dozen TV's. Every other TV will have either the ESPN2 broadcast of the national team game or the MSG broadcast of the RBNY match. The big screen, will be devoted to RBNY.

He's hyping the event on his website, and the marquee overlooking Route 10 also has the listing:
    http://www.ramadaeasthanover.com/Sports Bar.nxg

Last time, close to 30 people showed up to watch the game. It'd be nice to send a message to the local community (RBNY has proposed a practice facility in nearby Florham Park) that we care and support soccer.

Let's get the word out about this event. I was there last night, and they had RBNY schedules all over the place. The guy is showing an interest in supporting us, let us do the same.

If this could get stickied-thanks.
    Please respond with a PM or an email if you're interested.

KD

2. Ed-D

Ed-D Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 13, 2005
    NY
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: June 2 Watch Party

what about Stout?

3. kahlva

kahlva New Member

Feb 2, 2007

I believe there is still a watch party at Stout - anybody have confirmation on this?

I'm planning on being there, at least...

4. lfcli30

lfcli30 Member

Jun 21, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Stout is on.

5. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004

damn working that night, no doubleheader action for me. :(

6. Goalkeeps7

Goalkeeps7 Member

Apr 1, 1999

IN...and i'll have about 5-10 friends. I shall consider this my saturday night drinking.

7. sublicon

sublicon Member

RBNY, Fulham FC
    United States
    May 28, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Why did USA have to schedule a friendly at the same time? This is depressing, hope we can get two TVs going . . simultaneous monitoring of club and country.

8. Goalkeeps7

Goalkeeps7 Member

Apr 1, 1999

In both bars(stout + whippany), it shouldn't be a problem.

9. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton

Im going. Im always glad to see Redbulls on the sign when I drive down Route 10.

I think the NJ fans should patronize this place, lets show our support!

10. NYFC

NYFC Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Brooklyn

Does Stout play the Red Bull games upstairs in the main bar too? I'd feel odd going down to the private room.

11. Red Bull Metro NY

Red Bull Metro NY New Member

Apr 6, 2006
    New Jersey USA

Why? It's a hell of an atmosphere with all of these guys there! Just go downstairs(but watch your step, they're steep).

12. Sweeper

Sweeper New Member

Feb 11, 1999

http://www.bigapplesoccer.com/article.php?article_id=9928

I'll let you guys know about any food or drink specials.

The set-up will be every other TV will have on either Red Bull or the national team.

KD

13. kahlva

kahlva New Member

Feb 2, 2007

It just feels like the downstairs part of the bar. "Private Room" gives the wrong image. Think "Downstairs Bar" where everyone is shouting at the soccer match. It's fun.

14. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Member

Feb 2, 1999
    W. Orange <-> NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

USA-ECU at Route 10 was a good time. Planning on being there on Saturday.

15. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's fun down there, we get to be as loud as we need. Plenty of room for us to stand around the TVs and yell like we were at the game.

Plus there's a bar in that room too. Kitchen ain't too far away, neither.

16. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Re: June 2 Watch Parties (NY and NJ)

I was going to say we should call it the Ratskeller, but non-German speaking DC scum would take ironic delight in that.

Call it the Bull Pen -- or Hell's Kitchen (in midtown, but what the f--k).

17. jevanvoo

jevanvoo Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Manhattan
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'll miss you guys Saturday :(

18. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Um, nothing private about the downstairs. Second bar, dining area, as far as I know, nobody checks why you are even down there (believe me, I've had some sinister reasons myself...)

19. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

WTF?!? :eek:

20. jevanvoo

jevanvoo Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Manhattan
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

jevanvoo is an active member of her community, and holds season tickets to many, many events, one of which commands my attention 6/2/07 :(

21. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

But, dang! The stoopid kids don't even know how to spell "time"! We sing better than that!

22. jevanvoo

jevanvoo Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Manhattan
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ill be on the bus for the 10th :D

23. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No worries. See you on the 10th.

24. Sweeper

Sweeper New Member

Feb 11, 1999

Just wanted to add in. Drink specials: $2.00 Coors Light pints and $3.50 Guiness pints. $5.00 for a dozen wings (hot, bbq and terriyaki).

25. Congorilla

Congorilla New Member

Feb 18, 1999
    RBNY, STOUT NYC, and Heady Guinny makes THREE! June 2nd 7pm!

Its common law (cabin!) knowledge at this point, but the Empire SC will be at STOUT June 2nd. All love to those making the Rt. 10 scene, but with this being an RB match FIRST, and a US friendly SECOND... well, my little laddies you know where the full-on 101 descontrolados accion will be. Blame SuperFan for us having to pull club over country rank on this one, Jersey. More bounce to the 22 ounce, baby.

Not to mention it will be your very last chance to pony boy up for the June 10th away bus to DC before the 2nd bus fills up and you left standin' on the side like the pay poor tax of 15 dolla guy. So I say, "Get thee to Toytee Toid Sweet for some STOUT-N-SHOUT NYC!, June 2nd."

We will of course have both games simulcasted, but if there is significant interest in doing so, we can do some Jack Bauer shit (DAMMIT!) and burn a DVD of the USA game that we can run right after the RB is over. Maybe we will do that anyway, and those that want to concentrate on club (pogo!) action can move over to the tape delayed USA match at 10pm.

And one more note you should take serious heed of. Those that are not season ticket holders should seriously call the FO and order your sec. 101 Beckham v RB tix NOW. Mr Steeves has told me (they are selling fast!) that they will sell the entire lower bowl out before moving to the upper deck and that means strange (ers) in 101. If ya don't want us to be outnumbered either get yer season ticket holding bruthas to order you some 14 dolla advance tix or call thems yo seff! I ordered a few monday, but don't get caught snoozing on this one mates. Our section will be sold out 2 months before the game whether you there or not.

See ya Saturday at STOUT-N-SHOUT.
    The party will be downstairs in the private room. The game is at 8pm ET. Stout, if you haven’t been there, is on west 33rd street, between 6th & 7th avenue. You can view their map online at stoutnyc.com.