June 2, 2007 vs Loss Angeles -

Discussion in 'Supporters Abroad' started by morrissey, Mar 14, 2007.

1. RoundBallNewbie

RoundBallNewbie New Member

Aug 23, 2006
    DC in exile
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, it definitely sounds like numbers are better so far, right? I'm definitely up for grilling early and often. Would be willing to contribute whatever needed, up to and including attempts to run a hibachi out of the trunk of my '96 Accord. I guess I'm homesick for Lot 8 :)

2. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am waiting to see if my parents are coming out for that week (DC and Gold Cup). So it could be two or possibly 4 tickets.

James

3. Nytshade

Nytshade Member

May 21, 2001
    Newport News, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be buying at least two tickets this Friday, and most likely more. Should be a good group wearing the Black and Red.

4. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So it looks like the Galaxative staff is pretty willy-nilly on parking. Some of the $10 lots have vanished. But there is no official word. There is a pretty big bitch-fest on the Galaxative boards on the gouging going on. We will have to do this up really nicely.

Where does everyone stand as of now?

james

5. Monarch Bay Beachbum

Apr 5, 2004
    The OC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still have not received my tickets from the LA Gals.

Has anyone received their tickets already?

6. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't worry about it until the middle of May. Usually these things are sent out a week or so before the game day. Did they charge your credit card? Can we get a head count so I can see how things stand now? I will be getting my tickets this week or next - once we all get our tickets taken care of we can get started on planning the tailgate/banners/etc.

james

7. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's our head count as of now? There is less than one month until this match.

Has anyone been to the HDC for a gals match this season? What are the parking policies re: lot 4a and 4b.

James

8. Nytshade

Nytshade Member

May 21, 2001
    Newport News, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have two for sure as of now. As for parking, I've not been there yet this season to experience the ass-pounding...er...parking fees that are now there.

See you on the 2nd!

Scott!

9. RoundBallNewbie

RoundBallNewbie New Member

Aug 23, 2006
    DC in exile
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. JayJay4Pres

JayJay4Pres New Member

May 10, 2003
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I started a new job and have been working pretty much nonstop since the begining of April, and it looks like this month will be busy. I will still try to make the game, but not sure if I can get off work. I'll buy a ticket next week either way.

11. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any of you guys planning on going to the USMNT game on Thursday? If so where are you sitting?

james

12. Nytshade

Nytshade Member

May 21, 2001
    Newport News, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As much as I'd love to, I'd have to leave work early, drive up from San Diego, and then drive back to work on Friday, to then drive back up again for Saturday's USA match against T&T. I'd spend more money on gas than I would on tickets. Not to mention the time committment. :(

13. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3 Tickets ordered for me. They told me we only have about 10 people. Anyone planning on getting tickets please call soon. Headcount for those that have actually purchased tickets.

3 for me.

edit - parking at all lots now $15 dollars - the Galaxy guy tried saying it was the HDC and had nothing to do with Golden Balls

james

14. JayJay4Pres

JayJay4Pres New Member

May 10, 2003
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Call the ChivaGirls office and see what they say on parking. I still need to talk to my boss about it, but I will buy my ticket for sure this week, if I can't make it, I'll make my brother go, but he's not a soccer fan, let alone a DC fan....but his son is(thanks to a certain Uncle)

15. JayJay4Pres

JayJay4Pres New Member

May 10, 2003
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I bought my ticket today, and was told I'd have the day off. So things are looking up. Also looks like I'll be bringing 2 people with me(My aforementioned Brother and Nephew). I didn't buy their tickets yet, though I should by Wednesday. Also, I give this Doug guy an A so far, returned my call from the weekend promptly this morning and was very quick.

16. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I made the purchase. I should be there.

17. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We all should be there, but there are always reasons why we can't. I will take a head count (virtually) at the end of next week to see where we stand. Then we can talk about the tailgate.

james

18. JayJay4Pres

JayJay4Pres New Member

May 10, 2003
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have 3 tickets ordered. So yea...and my new customized Jersey shipped today. Go me.

19. DCUtool

DCUtool Member

May 18, 2007
    So-Cal
    Me and my wife will be out there for the game on the 2nd (we live in dc) and was wondering how we should go about getting tickets to the game, tail-gating, etc? Also, we'll be coming from Rancho Cucamonga and are curious as to how long it will take on a Saturday afternoon to get to the stadium? Any help is much appreciated

20. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Ticket info is here: https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11034979&postcount=18

Watch this thread for the other stuff.
    Good question. Not sure ...

21. JayJay4Pres

JayJay4Pres New Member

May 10, 2003
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can take that one.

Usually it takes me about 45 minutes-1 hour(from Ontario) to get to the stadium. Getting home usually a little longer. A lot depends on the route you take. Mapquest gave me an aproximate time of 50 minutes. I'm not sure what time I'll be headed out that way, or which route my ride will take. But you should give yourself at least an hour to an hour and half cusion.

22. jade1mls

jade1mls Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle
    I have a kinda odd question. I may be flying down from Seattle for this game. I may however have a press pass as I would be going to LA on request of the World Soccer Daily guys. I'll have my DC United jersey on but obviously wouldn't need a ticket. Could I stand in your section or near it?

23. Monarch Bay Beachbum

Apr 5, 2004
    The OC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I finally received my tickets. We are in section 118, row B, seats 1 and 2.

Last year we had plenty of empty seats around us. I think Jade should be able to join us with no problems.

Now, we just need to get our Screaming Eagles jerseys before the game.

24. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you order from the number I posted - the tickets should be in 116 not 118. If this is mistake let me know. I haven't gotten tickets yet, but will confirm when i get them.

25. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't wear the jersey while you do your work - they make take umbrage with that at Galaxy Media Relations, but when you aren't working the press pass pretty much gets you everywhere.