June 2, 2007 vs Loss Angeles -

Discussion in 'Supporters Abroad' started by morrissey, Mar 14, 2007.

1. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tickets for this match went on sale today. Tickets are more expensive now. Let's get started early and get a sizable group together for this match to get a group rate. If any eagles plan on a trip we should coordinate with them. This week also has matches for the Gold Cup at the ToolBox if anyone is interested in staying around.

So - here goes - Who is in and for how many?

james

2. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I'm probably in. Most likely, anyway.

3. JayJay4Pres

JayJay4Pres New Member

May 10, 2003
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be in for 1, one way or another.

4. jgildea8

jgildea8 New Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Capitol Hill
    I was really hoping to get out there for this game (it is my birthday and my hometown), but it may just be too long a trip to do for the weekend. :(

5. Nytshade

Nytshade Member

May 21, 2001
    Newport News, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in. I'll start rounding up my crew and see how many people I can get to commit to this. We'll have to meet earlier this year and tailgate 'properly'. Last year against Chivas was a bit....quiet. :confused:

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Scott

6. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    damn right it was quiet - that's why we are getting started early. Hopefully some of the SE's/Barra will make the trip out. I will be calling the Laxatives and trying to work out something. There will be only one contact person for this (hopefully) and I look to have that info out soon, possibly next week.

We need to make a day out of this.

james

7. RoundBallNewbie

RoundBallNewbie New Member

Aug 23, 2006
    DC in exile
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm ABSOLUTELY in for one, hopefully for at least one more. Can't wait for this game.

8. mrencouragement1

mrencouragement1 New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    I'm in, looking forward to seeing DCU out here and meeting other west coast fans.

Bert

9. Nytshade

Nytshade Member

May 21, 2001
    Newport News, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've got 4 committed already, and I've not heard back from a large section of my peeps. It looks like we'll get a good turnout. Everyone try and bring someone else. Let's make a bold statement with representation for this game. I just hope that they don't put us in the same place we were last year for the Chivas game. We'd be right next to the LA Riot Squad, and nothing worse than being drowned out by a big group of Gal fans. :p

Scott!

10. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    It's really a mistake to sit on that end of the stadium. The corner behind the away bench is the best place - sections 115 or 116. That's actually where they're supposed to put away fans, as I understood it.

11. JayJay4Pres

JayJay4Pres New Member

May 10, 2003
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea, but against Chivas, that's real close to the main Chivas supporters...The Riot Squad seats are perfect against Chivas, cause it's right by the tunnel. Where we sit against the Gals(115/116) is awesome for the Gals games, because we are about as far from the Riot Squad as possible.

12. Lzrdsrule

Lzrdsrule New Member

Nov 7, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'm going to need at least 6 tickets for this game...I'll know for sure on my final count in a couple weeks.

My brother's trying to get more of his friends to come out.

So for now put me down for 6 :D

13. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay - I will contact the Galaxatives reps this week and arrange for a section. Once I get that info I will post it here. I will try and get this started soon.

Ben - did you have a person that you dealt with?

james

14. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Talked to the Loss Angeles Galaxatives rep - prices have gone up yet again.

Prices for the Corners - $36 - that is the discount price for a group.
    We are aiming for section 116.
    They are going to have to block off some seats and I am waiting to hear where before I give out the info for purchasing.

Let us get a weekly update with headcounts by next monday. The closer I get to the real number the easier it will be for them to block out seats.

james

15. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    The guy I really liked left. He was actually a DCU fan.

16. JayJay4Pres

JayJay4Pres New Member

May 10, 2003
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reserves schedule was announced, and DC reserves will play Galaxy resreves on the 3rd at 10:00AM, if anyone wants to go, provided I have a chance myself, could show our road support at a reserves game.

The website says all games are Eastern time, but a 7 AM start seems awfully early.

17. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
  18. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is the info:

We currently have 25 seats in 116 set aside for us @ $36 a piece.

Please call Douglas Reid at 310-630-2226 and ask for tickets in the DC United section.

When you place your order (firmly) come back here and let us know how many tickets you ordered so we can get an idea how many people will actually be there for tailgate purposes.

james

19. JayJay4Pres

JayJay4Pres New Member

May 10, 2003
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool deal James...now to find the money.

20. Monarch Bay Beachbum

Apr 5, 2004
    The OC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You share your birthday with Freddy Adu and me.:)

21. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone want to have a group-watch of the Chivas game next week?

Ideas for places?

The only soccer-ish pubs I know of are West LA centric (with a little Hollywood).

Cat and the Fiddle (Hollywood)
    Cock and Bull (Santa Monica)
    Brittania (Santa Monica)
    Joxer Daily's (Culver City)

I think the college basketball thing may be over by next week - so we really will not be up against much TV wise.

james

22. Monarch Bay Beachbum

Apr 5, 2004
    The OC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just purchased two tickets in our section from Doug Reid.

My wife gave me permission to blow off our tickets to the Pacific Symphony for that night. This means that I will be venturing up to the HDC 3 times in 8 days as I also have tickets for the USMNT Gold Cup games on June 7th and 9th.

23. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's my plan as well. The parents may come out from DC and it seems like it will be a great week for soccer. I also plan on going to the reserve match in the am on Sunday.

james

24. RoundBallNewbie

RoundBallNewbie New Member

Aug 23, 2006
    DC in exile
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, I'm in for two tickets as well, my buddy just booked his yesterday. Absolutely can't wait for this game, looking foward to meeting all the West Coast supporters for the first time.

BTW - any info about tailgate contributions would be great to hear. Living in a barracks = can't cook, but I'd love to help out on the snacks/booze front.

25. Nytshade

Nytshade Member

May 21, 2001
    Newport News, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey good question on the tailgate. In the past, we've meet out in Lot 4b against the hockey rink wall. (It's obvious when you get there.) There weren't more than about 10 of us last time for the Chivas game, so we didn't que it up, but there were drinks and some snacks. Probably best to see what everyone is game for and then decide. I've included the link below of the parking situation. If we're going to grill, I'd say we need to get there no later than 4:00pm.

http://la.galaxy.mlsnet.com/t106/pdf/stadium_parkingrates.pdf

What does everyone think? See you all there!

Scott M.