June 17th Brasil vs Colombia [R]

Discussion in 'Grupo C: Brasil, Colombia, Perú y Venezuela' started by sidspaceman, Jun 17, 2015.

1. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    No, they haven't . Where are you getting this from. The best soccer displayed was at the world cup and Falcao was not part of the team.
    He being the captain is a mistake . That was only done by the DT to help Falcao regain his confidence and make him feel important again .
    And against Brazil he had two clear opportunities and he botched both.

2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I have seen almost every Colombian soccer match since the late 80s.

The best soccer I have seen from this team was during qualifiers in Barranquilla when Falcao started this past 2014 cycle.

You do not know what goes on behind the scenes when it pertains to team building and electing captains.
    You are just talking out of your arse.

3. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    No need to get all defensive here when I am just stating my opinion which is shared by most soccer pundits so I can't be that crazy if other people are also stating the obvious.

When Colombia played those qualifiers Falcao was not injured.

And actually the best football you guys have played was when you defeated Argentina 5-0 but unfortunately for those guys they could not carry that level to the tournament that matters.

4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Most soccer pundits are morons and don't know what is going on in the Camp of Colombia.

Colombia just defeated Brazil for the first time since James was an infant. With Falcao on the field.
    And I believe they can do better and he can do better. Just have to be patient.

5. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    This is the problem with most colombians that I know. They look at past results and they are satisfied with emulating them or just doing enough to top those results. Like oh but we have not beaten Venezuela in so long so losing to them is normal. That is small team mentality .
    Brazil is not the same Brazil of years ago. Do you realize that? Who do they have besides Neymar and Willian, who is not even an elite player.? No one. They were trashed by Germany and Holland and could not beat Chile. All those other wins recently were friendlies.
    And no, most soccer pundits are not morons, yeah some are but not all.
    Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #31 HomietheClown, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
    What happened on Wednesday was encouraging. The team played with intensity and with guts in the first half. The whole team including Falcao played well.

And I will patiently smell and drink my coffee as I see this team progress and grow.

Not come to false conclusions as to why a player got a captaincy, or suggesting to put James as a false nine type of speculative formation that only people who play Xbox all day would say.

7. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I don't know what game you were watching but Falcao played just like he did at Manchester this year. If you play with just James and Teo or James and Jackson the team will have more opportunities. This is not false. It is actually factual if you paid close attention to the WC and to how James played there compared to this tournament so far.

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The whole team played well in that first half. Falcao had good movement and some good hold up play.
    Sure his shooting definition was bad but his play overall was not bad. And I have a feeling he and the whole team will get better.

Just have to wait and see.

9. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The problem with falcao is that before the tournament we considered this to be a good scenario for Falcao to score a couple of goals and regain form
    Everything started as plan with the goal against Costa Rica in a friendly as preparation for the big scenario. But this group stage has been full of tension and pressure
    First Venezuela, a team that makes our life impossible and knows how to play us. Then we drop for the last place in our group with just 2 more games so we need to get points, against who? Freaking Brazil and everybody knows the story between us and them since the world cup als 24 years without beating them.
    We manage a win and still is not enough, we have to play Peru with the pressure of getting those 3 points, because if we tie Venezuela and Brazil could agree to a tie that qualify both.
    So even though it was important for Falcao to play an official tournament, this was not a good scenario for him to regain form.

10. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Still remains to be seen if this is true.

I have a good feeling about today.

11. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Right now it has not been a good scenario.
    Im talking up to this point and im not questioning Pekerman decision, im just pointing out the events that lead to a hard enviroment for Falcao to regain form.

Heck James Cuadrado Bacca Teo havent been able to score either because of how hard are been these games