June 16 Meet - Pretoria/Irene - Official Thread

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by Gronum, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Gronum

Gronum Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Hi All

Please let me know if you are in the Irene/Centurion are on the 16th of June - we will have a braai in Irene. You can also join the facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=125636257470628 .

Plan of action so far:12h00 - braai, 15h00 friendly kick around on Irene Oval - 17h00 depart for Loftus - SA vs Ururguay.

Please let me also know if you cannot make the meet but will be at the game - we can try and meet up before/during/after the game too.

Nadine

2. emmex

emmex New Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    What the flippen heck...you're a girl? :eek:

3. Gronum

Gronum Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  4. emmex

emmex New Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    nice...its about time SA decorated a bit more...

I find it great that you're getting involved...most "tannies" have no interest in soccer, especially not South African soccer...

5. --X--

--X-- New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    She really doesn't either:)

6. emmex

emmex New Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    which makes me value her input even the more....i like nation builders...its what our country needs....helping you guys will be helping us...

7. Gronum

Gronum Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    --other--

Ha ha - I know a bit dammit - at least there isn't much you can do wrong - offside, illegal tackling, shooting someone in the eye....

apparently if you are called Diego or Thierry you may use your hands....

:p

8. --X--

--X-- New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    :p:p
    Ole

Can't pull the wool over your eyes

9. African Biohazard

Apr 16, 2010
    Johannesburg
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    South Africa
    Nice work Nadine. I look forward to the meeting on June 16th!

In the same spirt ..I'll start a thread for the June 20th BRA vs IVC meet at Wits West Campus. I'm useless at facebook (never joined), so people wll just have to email me or respond to the thread.

10. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    :D:D you just figured that out??

11. emmex

emmex New Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    i didn't want to query this dude with girly tendancies LOL :D

12. Gronum

Gronum Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    So how was your Live soccer match? Lekker?

13. Gronum

Gronum Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Hi All
    Final plans - we will all meet up at my place between 11h00 and 12h00. Don't worry about bringing anything - we can pool money and buy the provisions then. We will have a real South African Braai. Later in the afternoon we can walk to the Oval and kick a ball around. At about 18h00 those with tickets can walk/drive to the Irene station to catch the Metrorail to the game, the rest can either watch the game from my house or go to the nearest Fan Park at Supersport park - about 4km away. Let me know if you have transport problems and obviously from where.

Ps - any Halaal/vegetarian/vegan/Kosher guests must bring their own food please.

14. emmex

emmex New Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    I was about to thank you for the referral :)

so thank you :)

It was great seeing the match and skipping the system legally. I can now relax knowing i have experienced it...was stressing me out...
    Have never experienced something like this before though. Never seen so many people in one place. I recommend that every local that can, should try and expierience at least one match...no matter who plays. Rustenburg stadium is almost 30% - 40% larger than i expected.

15. Gronum

Gronum Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  16. Pule

Pule New Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Hi People,

Apologies for not being able to make it for the meet as I had a accident last friday after the opening game and so I'm currently carless. It seems like you had fun.