June 15, 2008

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by othakidfrmaltalomahs, Apr 28, 2008.

1. othakidfrmaltalomahs

Jan 25, 2008
    RC/ALTA LOMA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need to make sure we go through these World Cup Qualfiers...especially the early rounds...

We need to pack that HDC, we need our guys to pull off the best fight they can even though it is against Barbados...lets show our own country how crazy we really are about this sport and what perfect time and place to do it... maybe some of you away from Cali can come over here and help pack this place... as in to make a HUGE SAM'S ARMY UNION :D i hope some of you are making plans already to come :)

2. Regal

Regal Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have a party of six.

3. BenfromUSA

BenfromUSA Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Minneapolis/St. Paul
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's pretty pathetic we can't fill a 27,000 seat stadium for the national team in a so-called soccer hotbed. It shouldn't matter the opponent...I'd kill for a national team game where I am. rep to everyone who shows up!

4. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    One issue that American Soccer has is America's size. Who's going to fly from New York to Cali to see a game? Not many. With that being said, 27K should be able to get filled up IMO.

5. FCDallasAddie

FCDallasAddie Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Dallas, Tx
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Party of 4 coming from Dallas!

6. BenfromUSA

BenfromUSA Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Minneapolis/St. Paul
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah the fan base is very spread out which is why a national stadium wouldn't be a good idea at this point. I would imagine there are at least 30k US fans in so-cal... not to mention fair weather fans that they could get.

7. othakidfrmaltalomahs

Jan 25, 2008
    RC/ALTA LOMA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ALL RIGHT THATS WHAT I LIKE TO HEAR:D
    im bringing my GODSON with me, he could be one of those wonderkids we talk about....

8. dachande915

dachande915 New Member

Jan 23, 2008
    HellPaso
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    4 coming from El Paso, tx. including my 4 year old son. His first USMNT game.:cool:

oh yeah forgot to ask...when is a good time to meet the players? before or after the game? is there a practice the day(s) before?

9. FW__

FW__ Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is our attendance for qualifying last time around

1st round
    Grenada 9,173 (Columbus)

Semifinals
    El Salvador 25,266 (Foxboro)
    Panama 19,793 (D.C.)
    Jamaica 9,088 (Columbus)

Hex
    Guatemala 31, 624 (Birmingham)
    Costa Rica 40,586 (Salt Lake City)
    Trinidad 25,488 (Hartford)
    Mexico 24,685 (Columbus)
    Panama 9,192 (Foxboro)

It'll be interesting to see the #'s this time around

10. ryebreadraz

ryebreadraz Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    its a local game so ill definitely be there but ive got 4 friends from boston flying out.

11. BenfromUSA

BenfromUSA Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Minneapolis/St. Paul
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pleeeeeeease have some qualifiers at toyota park. They'd sell those out in an instant. Plus i'd be there to give some of my thoughts on hunter freeman/edu/cooper/mapp/and wynne in person. :D

12. Regal

Regal Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would say the best time to catch them is the days before game day. My experience is sometimes they have weight training and won't be on the field. In the past, weight training was usually held in the afternoon. So the best time to catch them is probably in the morning.

13. Regal

Regal Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're sitting, oh I mean standing in the Sams Army section, I suggest you try to get to the front. Knowing Sams Army, I'm sure they will accomodate your 4-year-old son. You don't want your young son to be in the middle of the Sams Army section because it will be very loud. I'm talking about ear-ringing loud. You want to bring ear plugs for your son to protect his hearing, if you're planning to stand with Sams Army. Just my 2 cents. See you there.

14. flem16

flem16 Rainmaker

Jan 9, 2005
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, anything under 20,000 is an embarrassment. I guess we should reserve the matches in Columbus only for the Mexico game.

I can somewhat understand the final games of both the semifinals and the Hex having a lower attendance figure because qualification was already locked up at this point. Still, the national team should have no problem putting more than 20k in the stands when considering both the locals as well as those of us that travel to games.

15. othakidfrmaltalomahs

Jan 25, 2008
    RC/ALTA LOMA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    exactly what im trying to make us avoid.... i'll take more than my godson...ITS GOING TO BE POST GRADUATION so ill bring some newbies(to the sport) to the game...and probably some of my family which is about for sure 15 people on my part...more will add later probably...

16. FW__

FW__ Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree that 20,000 should be able to be reached for qualifiers. I try to go to as many as possible but being in IL, I can't really go to ones in Cali or anywhere on the West Coast. Just not in the budget. I can go to ones in the NE, or Midwest.

17. Adam Zebrowski

Adam Zebrowski New Member

May 28, 1999
    i suspect less than 20k show up in LA for barbados, as that's quite a hike for barbadan fans...

perhaps california fans will surprise me, but unless it's mexico, i suspect not.

18. Monarch Bay Beachbum

Apr 5, 2004
    The OC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they ever put the tickets up for sale I will buy some.

19. BenfromUSA

BenfromUSA Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Minneapolis/St. Paul
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ussoccer should make a way for people to come to games via bus loads from various locations across the US, or at the very least cities within the region. That way you pay one lump sum and get roundtrip bus and tickets to the game... all in one day/day and a half trip. I'd imagine that would cost no more than $200 right?

20. othakidfrmaltalomahs

Jan 25, 2008
    RC/ALTA LOMA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah i'd say about $200

21. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That might be the best idea you've ever had. Heck, it would have been the best idea I've ever had!

22. dachande915

dachande915 New Member

Jan 23, 2008
    HellPaso
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanx bro! not so sure is sam's would be a good idea w/ the loud noise and all. Still i would want to bet there, yet i dont know how the cussing is? is it really bad? i remember going to the dynamo @ fc dallas last year and some fc dallas dudes were throwing F bombs every 2 seconds @ denilson. kinda sad. but still,:cool: thanx man for the info really appreciate it.
    and fo' show ill c ya there.

23. Bluecat82

Bluecat82 Member+

Feb 24, 1999
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In addition to being meaningless, that Jamaica match in Coumbus was also on a weeknight that was cold, wet, and miserable. There was a inch or two of standing water in the North End where the Army was standing...still, chanting "Ricketts is an illness" half the night was still pretty fun...

24. HighburyForever

HighburyForever Red Card

Oct 15, 2006
    Wooloomooloo, New South Wales
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Salt Lake City should get more games. 40,000 for Costa Rica is impressive, although they'll be moving into a 22,000 seat stadium soon