June 11: Los Angeles Galaxy First Annual Fail to Suck Day

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by StoneIsland, Jun 9, 2006.

1. StoneIsland

StoneIsland Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ***Special Announcement***

Do we expect the Galaxy to win? No. If you half brains at all you’ve already given up hope for the season.

Our expectations are more realistic than mere victory. We’re give up our pipe dreams and are going to start concentrating on the low but solid.

All we want from the Galaxy is one solid performance this year where they fail to suck. That's it. Nothing special, no pyrotechnics, no special-effects, just hard-played, competent football at a level that could be reasonably thought of as professional. We want them to fail to give up the ball in the middle of the field on a half-hearted, half-assed pass. We want them to fail to kick the ball at the ankles of their players, or completely over the cross bar, on set pieces. We want them to fail to fail to mark their men.

We’re not looking for the Galaxy to accomplish anything. No, that would be too much. We just want them to fail at sucking for a change. Please support our cause and join us on the First Annual Fail to Suck Day Steering Committee.

Oh, and if you please, Alan Gordon's head on a pike. As we've seen from the last few games, that boy can't help but succeed at sucking.

Carry on.

Brought to you by impotent rage and the First Annual Fail to Suck Day Steering Committee.

***Special Announcement***

2. JuiceBox

JuiceBox Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Riverside, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only thing I agree with is dropping Gordon't, he had his chances.

3. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It will be a proud, proud day.

4. DogmaticFtbolFanatic

Apr 25, 2005
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Your probably going to have to wait for the US world cup run to be over. IF LD isn't completely worn out we may reach this lofty goal.

5. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Save Alan Gordon! I'm not saying he's the next Herc, but I don't agree with he's had his chances, and mainly I'm tired of all the negativity and Galaxy bashing that festered under our former coach who should not be named. Can't we all just get along? I want to hear positive comments only. And oranges for everybody. OK, time for a group hug now.

Or let me appeal to your logic. reference this informative and interesting post.
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8633960&postcount=13

Besides we should really save all of our hate for those who are deserving like the rat bastard d.c. united, chivas, houston, etc.

6. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Oh yeah, one more thing - can we move the holiday to a weekday game? Maybe I can get off work for it then.

7. New Mexican

New Mexican Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Being positive. Maybe someday the Galaxy will play beautiful attacking soccer like Ecuador demonstrated in their 2-0 victory over Poland in the World Cup today. It was spectacular.