Julie Foudy May Run For President

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by Thomas Flannigan, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Thomas Flannigan

Feb 26, 2001
    Chicago
  2. Awe-Inspiring

Awe-Inspiring New Member

Jan 18, 2000
    Flannigan, you must be looking for the Immodium. ;)

3. CRays6

CRays6 New Member

Sep 8, 2001
    She'd have my vote.

4. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    BARF ALERT!!!!!!!!!

This should receive a serious barf alert. The Democrats truly are desperate if they try to encourage Foudy to get into politics.

5. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need to start picking her cabinet for her.
    Andy Mead for Press Secretary?
    Tim Howard for Secretary of Defense?
    She'll need to name some ambassadors too!
    Cobi Jones for Ambassador to Mexico?
    I'm sure you people would have better ideas. :)

We also will need soccer friendly legislation!!

6. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Secretary of Health -- Tab Ramos or Michelle Akers (the most experienced with hospitals)

BTW, Flannigan claims he is a Democrat. I expect to see him on Foudy's Illinois steering committee soon.

7. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On some prior thread, Tom claimed to be a Democrat.

As for me, I am starting a "Republicans for Foudy" committee.

A website to follow.

Secretary of the Treasury -- None of the people involved with WUSA.

8. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    These are her cheeleaders

Her ringing endoresments:

Dee Dee Myers, who served as press secretary for President Clinton (Just two weeks after President Clinton urged tougher legislation against drunk drivers, former White House press secretary Dee Dee Myers was arrested and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol)

Donna Shalala, Secretary for Health and Human Services in the Clinton Administration (Donna Shalala had decades of experience as an activist on the radical left)

Foudy's resume (claim to fame):

Members of the WUSA Board of Governors which lead WUSA to blow $100 million in just 3 years and have nothing to show for it.

She would be a great Democrat. Spend, spend, spend with nothing to show for it. No wonder the Democrats embrace her so much.

9. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    I wonder if she's been groped by Schwarzenegger yet.

10. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like this thread may have to be moved to the political forum soon. :)

11. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: These are her cheeleaders

She was an activist? Oh my god! Let's lock her up now!

12. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Re: Re: These are her cheeleaders

Did I say anything about locking her up? I am just pointing out that her ringing endorsements are from leftist liberals showing how desperate the Democrats really are in finding candidates to run for public office.

Please let me know what Foudy has done to qualify her to run for public office besides her proud moment of being on the Board of Governors of a league that managed to burn $100 million with nothing to show for it?

13. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I idiot proofed your post for you. :) (except for the absolute worst idiots)

14. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: These are her cheeleaders

And what did Arnold do? What was his experience?
    I could go on and on listing celebs from other fields who had no experience who went to DC and other public offices.

15. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    Holy scandal

Is this the kind of thing that gets you repubs worked up? Shocking.

Didn't Bush have a coke habit, or was he just alcoholic? Bet he didn't get charged with much careening around Texas.

On the Foudy note, Soccer America had a feature on her recently and half of it was this bizarre presidential stuff. But I suppose if she ran against an action movie star planning to smash the car tax on his seven fcuking humvees - I'd vote for her in a second.

16. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Re: These are her cheeleaders

And there is something to show for Republican spending???

Oy vey.

She isn't duplicitous enough to be a republican or a democrat...
    the G.O.P. would need Landon Donovan, because he can condemn somebody else of diving, and do it with a straight face.
    the Dems would need Carlos Ruiz.. equally slimy... but more appealing to Latino voters.

Alexi Lalas gets to run for the Green Party.

L.D. wins.
    The U.S. wins the world cup MLS becomes the largest league in the nation and the U.S. invades and subjugates Canada and Mexico.

And the man you're thinking of is not your babies daddy.

That will be $5 dollars.
    Call me now fer yer free readin.

17. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Does any of this make sense to anyone?

Obviously a member of the Libertarians

18. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Didn't say anything about Arnold but let me know what Arnold has failed at? His net worth is $750 million. He is a smart businessman.

As for Foudy she was the player rep on the Board of Governors (which again, squandered $100 million and folded as a league). She has got some great quotes talking about how the WUSA doesn't need the men. Brilliant marketing strategy.

Oh yeah, she's qualified (sarcasm off)

19. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. The Arnold was a millionaire before he even made one movie. While much of his fortune is based on the movies, he would be a millionaire with it (not that money is the sole measure of a man).

2. As for Foudy, she has been saddled with this supposed "comment" on the men, yet no one actually as an on the record or even off the record attribution. It is always attributed to "some member" -- only second or third hand does it get attributed to Foudy.

20. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I'll finally be able to afford those hair plugs!

[​IMG]

21. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My take on the comment is that it is almost certainly more likely to be Foudy than anybody else based on her past and present statements.

I think the attempts to present Foudy as the devil incarnate to the men's game are stupid and ridiculous. On the other hand, attempts to pretend she has never said anything to ever earn her reputation and has been smeared and falsely accused are equally as ridiculous.

And if Foudy chooses a political career, the financial history of the WUSA is fair game. Anybody else would receive much the same and worse.

None of that _really_ matters though. We all know that essentially the only test of whether someone has a political future is whether they can win elections or not. That remains to be seen with Foudy, but I wouldn't doubt that she could.

22. Awe-Inspiring

Awe-Inspiring New Member

Jan 18, 2000
    Having once been described by my own father as to the right of Attila the Hun, I'd probably on issues be reluctant to vote for Foudy, but the Democrats could do far worse.

The Foudy frenzy puzzles me.

From my vantage point, people are focusing on the wrong woman from this team who belongs in office.

Michelle Akers embodies this country's highest ideals.

If anyone can help me persuade her to run, I welcome your assistance (I've tried and failed before, for the record).

23. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Thanks for telling us you told us so. Hope this news doesn't disrupt your sleep too much.

24. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First Arnold, now Foudy? Can I be granted refugee status in another country for having to endure the political aspirations of bad actors and Dunkin' Donuts hawkers?

25. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    I'll be her intern.