Julian Green (Bayern Munich): In-N-Out: Julian Green on loan at Hamburger SV

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by smithfan, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Sorry if it seemed I was inferring that. I wasn't.

2. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went on his Dad's twitter, and found this on his pictures...Anyone want to translate? And I know this was probably posted somewhere J.jpg

xbhaskarx and Testudo repped this.
  3. MadRHatter

MadRHatter Member

May 6, 2012
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I typed the portion of the article to the right of Klins' picture into google translate and got....

"Klinsmann apparently has thrown an eye on Green. The American Association invited Green in the summer to Euben U018-course. In a test against Holland, he met the same - and now again estabilished an invitation for a training camp in California."

Testudo repped this.
  4. beamish

beamish Member+

Jul 6, 2009
    Klinsi hunts Bayern's supertalent.
    US association invites Julia (sic) Green to California.
    Julian Green (17) is one of our greatest attacking talents. On Monday afternoon, the Bayern jewel scored a brace in 3 to 1 U19 top class Bundesliga match against VfB Stuttgart. Will he go goal hunting in the future against Germany?

Green, who was born in Tampa, Florida, and who has lived in Bavaria since he was two, has American citizenship in addition to German. His father is American, his mother German. He has indeed played U16s and U17s for the DFB. But since . . .

Now Klinsi hunts Bayern's super talent! US national team manager Jürgen Klinsmann (48) has cast his eyes towards Green. In the summer, the American association invited Green to a U-18 training camp. During a match against Holland, he met the same, and received a renewed invitation for a training camp in California. Green told Bild, "I naturally want to play internationally at the highest level. That's why I haven't been hesitating for long and . . .

Or something like that. Ellipses mark the end of the page.

5. ami-berliner

ami-berliner Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Berlin
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

WTF is Josh Wolff doing in that pic?

xbhaskarx, Testudo, stonejh127 and 3 others repped this.
  6. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I hope I'm wrong but looks to me he is going to take the Brooks route.

7. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He played for 1860?

8. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    understood.

i tend to think of him the opposite way. he plays in germany, has played for their youth teams too, and some think that if he continues to develop germany will come calling again.

so i don't see him as ours (altho i'd really, really like to). to me he is germany's until he is captied to us.

9. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Like i said earlier, i just did not see him playing for the US (60% to 40% lean towards Germany imo). There is only one exception. I could see Green making his Bundesliga debut between January-April. Not because he would be Bayern Munich #1 team in the world ready but because Pep will give youth a chance and Green could still be Bundesliga-level at that point. So in regards to they exception, its only if Green is chosen for the US 2014 World Cup team and making a statement that he is they "it" prospect for the USMNT's future.

10. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its likely that he gets loaned out this year. The Regionalliga Bayern is a joke. Top youth academies don't rely on their U23s for development anyway. They take players directly from their U19 squad and loan them to 1 or 2 Bundesliga clubs.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  11. Mario Balotelli

Mario Balotelli Member+

United States
    Feb 28, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Julian came on as a sub in the 60th minute of Bayern's 3-0 preseason victory over Brescia. He played on the left wing and it was apparent that the kid's got skills. He brought down some difficult balls with ease and showed some nice speed and technique on the ball.

Let's hope he doesn't get too good, too fast or we might have to start calling for JK to "cap him now"! ;)

12. jnavi1

jnavi1 Member

Sep 16, 2012
    The USA is the only country he could play in Brazil with in '14. Thats a hugeeee lure for a youngster. Otherwise he would need to wait for '18. Not saying he would definitely be good enough to be in Brazil for the USA

13. keller4president

Jan 5, 2006

It's the annual Josh Wolff retrospective issue....because the Germans just can't get enough of the "Wolff". He's a cult figure over there.

Sandon Mibut and Deeneaus repped this.
  14. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    If we wait for him to be good enough before demanding a call-up, The Terrorists Have Won.

xbhaskarx repped this.
  15. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa

Fine, I'll do it.

CAP HIM NOW!

16. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    So.... Bosnia friendly?

17. NOLA

NOLA Member

Jan 10, 2009
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, Jamaica game?

18. The Foo Fighter

The Foo Fighter Member+

Mar 15, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't be surprised if he actually does end up being in camp. Just sayin....

19. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If Joe Gyau got in camp, so can Green IMO.

Honestly, I could see Green getting some sort of minutes for Bayern in some situation where Bayern is up 4-0 or something.

That being said, it is a bit of a pipe dream.

20. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Green will be with Bayern II this coming season. He's still young and coming along fine

21. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no more americans not raised on usa soccer por favor.

22. Unimane

Unimane Member+

Jul 28, 2009
    Nashville
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Why not? Should we send Fabian Johnson packing?

vponce75 and Testudo repped this.
  23. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Green probably won't play with Bayern's first team this year. He might play the last game or two of the season when the title is clinched or a maybe even a cup game, but it will be way too hard for him to break into the first team at winger during the season. Robben, Ribery, Gotze, Kroos, Shaqiri and Weiser all are his competition for playing time.

Bayern is very thin at CF. Mandzukic, Pizarro and Weihrauch are their only forwards. Most teams need four decent forwards, Bayern has two decent forwards. Weihrauch isn't ready for Bayern's first team, but he is lucky that Bayern has no other options as their #3 CF. Too bad Green isn't a CF.

Gotze and Muller can play behind a CF, but besides Mandzukic, Pizarro and Weihrauch are the only players on Bayern capable of playing CF in a 4-2-3-1.

Bayern is in big trouble if Mandzukic or Pizarro get injured.

24. Tom Collingsworth

Jun 14, 2011
    North Carolina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, let's turn down a player who is good enough for Pep Guardiola to think he's a legit prospect, just because he wasn't developed in the US :rolleyes:

I miss neg rep...

25. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    That picture on Green's Twitter is from January. How exactly is that new news?