Jugadores universitarios!

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by Chiquitibum, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Best player actual gots to be Parejita Lopez.

Dude has been pwning and helped bring a surprise win last week.

Leandro is a constant force as well.

Delanteros need to change, Marioni hasnt done jack. Havent heard much of Gerardo Galindo.

Who do we need to get back on track?
    who needs to get axed, who stays?

2. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    axed: Marioni, Botero, Sideshow Bob, Pinheiro, Roma, Victorino, etc

everyone else stays

Morales gets more playing time

3. El Yucateco

El Yucateco Member

Nov 1, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't really follow Pumas, so I was just wondering how "Parejita" Lopez got his nickname?

4. mexicano

mexicano New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Templológico
    i think it has something to do with his dad...:confused:

5. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    His dad is the original Pareja Lopez

6. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    You will hear some sections of Pumas support occasionally chanting "Pareja" at "Parejita", when he's had a good game, out of respect. Although he developed a lot in the last season, and now looks like a footballer, I think it unlikely he will ultimately outshine his dad.

7. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Hes always been a good player and Im hoping he gets better. As far as outshinning his old man, its always posible.

8. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    This one will run and run, but I really have not rated him at all until last season, where we saw him begin to mature a bit (remember:- he'll be TWENTY-SEVEN in October). I know he is very much loved by the faithful, but thats how I see it. And, of course, he famously has the slowest step-over in world football. Certainly his increase in prowess coincided with a marked drop of in all those attempted little tricks.

That chip, though!!! to die for. and the strength and determination he showed to open the scoring at the Azteca certainly gave us hope.

I will repeat:- I felt he looked like a footballer for the first time during the Clausura 2006 campaign.

I certanly hope he keeps it up, and better still, continues to improve, we certainly need to him have another good season.