Juan Pablo Angel Officially Signs to Play for NY [Merged]

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by goalscorer111, Apr 16, 2007.

1. goalscorer111

goalscorer111 New Member

Jan 23, 2004
  2. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Red Bulls to announce Angel Tuesday

W000 :d :d :d

3. sakenu16

sakenu16 New Member

Jan 30, 2007

Saw that too...looks like this might be a reality unlike all the brazilian news. How about Edmundo or Salas? I heard the Red Bulls were interested in them too. I prefer younger guys, JPA would be a good addition the other guys I am not too sure.

4. NYFC

NYFC Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Brooklyn

Great Success!!!

one thing - It says they're announcing him being aquired tomorrow, yet it also says he will be our 2nd DP IF the paperwork was filed on time. What the hell?? If he's being announced, obviously it was filed on time no???

5. kahlva

kahlva New Member

Feb 2, 2007

The only thing new in that article is about the Press Conference, which would seem to be a confirmation... The other stuff is a conglomeration of other artciles they threw together underneath it - I think they haven't had time to clean it up yet.

6. metx

metx New Member

Jun 3, 2004

Only have room for two DP and one is occupied for Reyna, that mean that with Angel the glass is full... no room for no body else.

They say they sign Angel for two years, but I thing is for three if we multiply the $60.000.00 dollars (£ 40. mil Pounds) a week that is 3 million per year and $ 9.5 million for the three....

7. Oatmeal

Oatmeal Member

Dec 2, 2006

Why will he not be here? Is that a sign that he is comming in the summer cus that would suck large.

8. adiddy

adiddy New Member

Jan 8, 2007
    State College, PA

I wonder when his first game will be. Maybe May 13 against Colorado?

9. Alonso#13

Alonso#13 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    New York City

He will still be under contract with Aston Villa once the EPL season ends he will more than likely be in New York. CANT WAIT!:D

Aston Villa's final game is on May 13 so he will not be coming here any earlier.

10. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

But Villa isn't paying Angel the remainder of his contract. That seems to me that that's an indication that the transfer is immediate.

11. NYFC

NYFC Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Brooklyn

Good point. I hope he's here for Saturday against Houston. I wanna get a good look at this guy in the Battle of the 1st place powerhouses!!!!:D

12. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
  13. Prazan

Prazan New Member

Aug 28, 2006
    Prague

Ives has an update and it looks like we got the paperwork in on time. The transfer has therefore already taken place.

"As for when he actually arrives, I have heard that he could potentially be here in time for Saturday's game, but that sounds pretty fast considering the visa issues that usually await these types of deals."

http://njmg.typepad.com/sbi/2007/04/angel_on_the_wa.html

14. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004

<<< Still waiting for news of a press conference at MLSnet.com before getting excited (as usual)..;)

15. BigWave

BigWave New Member

Nov 1, 2006
    Charlottesville
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

ESPN just posted an article, although they do not mention a specific date:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=422371&cc=5901

16. kahlva

kahlva New Member

Feb 2, 2007

Yahhhooooooooo!

Since we've now heard from two places (bigapplesoccer and Ives) I'm feeling good about posting that yell.

What a difference an off-season makes. Suddenly we have a starting team that can contend for the Cup...AND we have depth.

Wow.

(OK, he still has to show he can play. But whatever. I'm psyched.)

17. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004

I'm just saying that the only absolute confirmation that the deal is 100% done with no last minute snags is MLSnet.com.. I expect it will happen but anyone who has followed transfers for years knows to wait until there is no doubt..
    Do we need to list the errors from the past.. Even the BBC has made boo boos.. Not MLSnet.com though..:)

18. tigerfan

tigerfan New Member

Jul 21, 2005

Obviously today would be a very bad day to make any sort of announcement. Tommorrow too, probably.

19. stanleyt

stanleyt Member

Dec 7, 1998
    Harlem, USA

Well, Angel won't be at the press conference (which could be a conference call for all we know), so you figure it'll be a low-key affair anyway.

I believe RedBull's leaving the flash, pomp & circumstance alone this year in favor for getting Arena what he needs on the field. There'll be an element of style but nothing vulgar or pretensious.

Have faith.

20. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

My man, Stan. I think he was referencing the tragedy at Virginia Polytechnic.

21. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So since our roster is full, who gets cut to make room for Angel? I think it should be Mike Magee because he is uneffective, injury prone and he never really lived up to the hype. But then there is always Taylor Graham. I can't believe he is still on the team. They have to be the top 2 candidates to get cut.

22. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I agree for the most part though do feel it would be best for both player sto be on another team and get a fresh start. Magee could get us a pick or a player as he does have potential , especially to Bradley perhaps. Graham has been a big dissapointment as he is no Curtain(sp), that is for sure. Either way I don't see either player contributing much this year with the tremendous depth we have. Bruce really has done a great job getting leaders and players that are commited to defense and playign all out all the time. Hail Bruce!

23. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Must hand it to red bulls good signing... And they have gotten off to a fair start... This is a EXPERIENCED team.... With Angel and Altadore it could only get better....

24. lawrenceterp

lawrenceterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 2, 2006
    Virginia

How much will this signing help attendance? Any chance this weekend's game gets a big number because of this? More then 15k maybe?

25. Irish527

Irish527 New Member

Feb 18, 2007

I do not know how much this signing helps immediately. If the Red Bulls start winning and news spreads that they are an exciting team to watch and are in 1st place then I think people come. But there is the possibility of attracting the colombian population