JUAN PABLO ANGEL: news & Interviews [R]

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by efernandez9, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Villa was the club during the 80s, they were on top, like ManU are now, they are known, they just like any club, have taken a back page to newer blood, but now seem to be on the uprise again, and Angel is not hardly known in England, once you start scoring goals, they know who you are...

2. AtNacional

AtNacional Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Washington DC
    Once you start scoring goals at stadiums other than Villa Park I think you'll get known.

3. Diego Londoño

Apr 4, 2000
    Medellín, Colombia
    Really ManU is interested in JP Angel? Can he pass to other Premier club?

4. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yes, all the other team has to do is pay Aston Villa asking price. The fact that he is eligible to play in the Champions League makes him desirable to clubs like Arsenal and ManU.

5. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They're (Aston Villa) playing the Carling Cup semi against Bolton, they were Bolton 3 - Villa 0 early first half, then JPA scores 1 in the first half and has scored the 2nd early second half...has Colombia resolved its goal problems with him? will he do this when wearing Yellow/Blue/Red???? we'll see against El Salvador, I'm sure he'll be called....

6. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Villa defence bad...5 - 2 bolton....poor JPA, is this gonna make them sign Totono now?

7. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't think Totono is going to qualify for a work permit. Hopefully Villa will have good lawyers so they can make a compelling case for Totono.

8. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    Our defending was awful, disgraceful. The only good things, 1. We didn`t concede anymore 2.Angel scored two fluke goals, one a cross which went in, another when he was three times offside and the ball hit him and went in and counted.3. We`re ten times better at home than away (need to be now).

Realistically we are out, but an early goal in the second leg and who knows, miracles happen. We are going to need two goals from JP and somebody else is going to have to score, we can`t leave it all up to JP, but we`ll be chasing the game from the kick-off and I can`t see it turning around from this carnage.

9. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    true, I just read that on BBC, how many games has he played in the last 2 year? he hasn't played at least 75% of them?

RobB they were not fluke, I guess one was, I didn't see the game, but you're supposed to say that the one that went in was class, I'm sure if it had been Van Nilsterooooy all ManU fans or Henry all Arsenal fans would have said that...haha you're supposed to say it was a class goal...;) I'm just messing with ya....

10. Mason16

Mason16 Member

Apr 11, 2001
    South Florida
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whether it was a cross or a shot on goal, it was SWEET, mainly due to the dribbling and nutmeg which preceeded the shot.

11. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    I would have said he meant it, and did at the time he scored, but JP himself said he was trying to cross the ball, so he got lucky. The way he kept the ball, beat the player to make room for the cross was class and so he deserved his goal and good fortune. An example of making your own luck. More of that needed in the second leg at VP.

12. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    We`ll get around that, he`s close enough, assuming O`Leary wants to sign him. If B`Ham City can sign Figueroa, who had hardly played for anyone, we`ll be fine if we want him.

13. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Its a good thing he said he didn't mean it too, cause a golie would have found himself out of a job.....:)

14. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    That goalie saved a penalty from JP in the league match at Villa Park earlier in the season, so I think JP owed him that, should have said he meant it for that reason alone.

15. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    How do you get the smilie at the end of the post instead of at the top of the page.I`ll try this..

16. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    Nope, that didn`t work.

17. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  18. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
  19. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
  20. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Seeing as he has only 25 caps spread out over 5 years no way is he close to the 75%. We don't even have a National team coach who can say that Totonois first choice.:mad:

21. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    Well I think it`s 75% of the games in the previous two years so, if most of those caps are recent then it could be more than 50%, Colombia can`t have played more than 30 games in the last two years.

BTW, these two posts should be on the Freddy Grisales thread, not the JP Angel one.

22. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    There was an interview on Villatalk.com I think, with JPA, he dosen't really like to talk about his early Vila years, damn it I forgot to copy it here, but he said that once they played an away game against ManU, and when it came time to eat, since he didn't know any english, other players had to make hand signals to let him know it was time to eat...and then he said that he sat down at the dinner table, and couldn't talk to anybody, that they were all talking and laughing but he couldn't...that that's when he decided he had to learn english, so he could express himself, both on and off the field. He also said that the reason he let his hair grow long was cause he couldn't tell the barber how he wanted his hair cut before, but now he likes it that way....talk about struggles.

23. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    My thoughts on Juan Pablo Angel

From what I have seen of him these past 2 seasons in the English Premieship, he is really starting to shine. He is much more comfortable with O'Leary running Villa. Nice to see an older club avoid the drop and be competitive.

I know I'm not suppose to say these things because I'm a passionate Arsenal supporter, but I do appreciate good play by other players.

24. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: My thoughts on Juan Pablo Angel

yea, good players no matter what teams they play for, should be appreciated...even if they are not the one you follow...

25. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    JP has a slight injury, but is almost certainly out of tomorrows semi-final against Bolton. Since we need to score at least 3 and Angel is the only one scoring at the moment we could be as good as out already.